Sign in to follow this  
ShaneRetter

RP map additions

Ok, so I'm one of those fanatic rp nut jobs that play Dayz for it's post apocalyptic survivalist aspect, and I'd like to see a couple of very small additions to the map to add to the RP experience.

Could we have a few small buildings West / North/West / South/West of Pavlovo. Maybe a couple of single houses, and some groups of two or three, with usable fireplaces close to the map edge. Also, a pond or two, and a good spawn point for deer, etc. I say this, because it's the only real area on the map that feels somewhat "remote" and allows for a different game play style. Some of us quite like not seeing anyone for weeks on end...and only venturing into towns and cities for things like ammo, wire, rope, and medical supplies, etc. The pvp lovers have pretty much 95% of the map to run and gun between loot points ....I don't think they would mind leaving the the far West as an 'RP nature reserve' of sorts. The trouble is, at the moment it has no buildings to call home, water is gathered by collecting rain water, and if I have to eat another rabbit leg...I'm going to lose my shit completely. I'd be happy even if any buildings in that area never spawned loot ....it's just for rp immersion really, and I bet there are more out there like me (please don't let me be the only one), who are desperate for a bit of real 'feral forest dweller' game play.

I don't know if there are already plans for that area, but keeping it free from urbanization for RP purposes is Just a thought .....oh, and Berezhki....that could be another good rp spot that needs a bit of contemplation.

• Like 1

first: well it's just the fact that if you can only RP in the west.. what happens? nobody goes there.. have fun RPing with yourself..
in RP (if your as 'fanatic' as you say) you can RP ANYWHERE.. and playing on RP servers.. there's this rule of KoS NOT allowed.. so I kinda miss your point here...

second: improvised tents etc. are on the planning somewhere in 2020 so don't worry.. it'll come eventually so WHY would you want your own 'house' when you can be a HOBO survivalist that camps out in his own tent?

sure having an extra water source somewhere would be cool... all they'd have too do IMHO is add a water purification system for salt water.

make the ocean interactive with a pan/gas canister
find a bucket/container
find a plastic tarp
find another container
leave it in the sun (water vapor condenses on the tarp, drips in the bucket below) <- congratulations you're now a full hobo that can actually RP :D

@ShaneRetter you will have to wait for base building of so kind to have a home there. For water and hunting, I think its better to actually go somewhere to find food and water. Unless you are RPing as lazy ass :)

I also want some super hidden place on map to come home after hard day of killing zeds to heal wounds, clean my gun, cook food...

That's the whole point of RP ....everyone's different, and their characters have their own unique way of coping with the end of civilization. I prefer solitary characters, but enjoy interaction when I happen to accidentally stumble upon it ...or it stumbles upon me. And no, not all RP servers have KOS rules ....some have no rules at all, like the one I play on currently.

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

@ShaneRetter you will have to wait for base building of so kind to have a home there. For water and hunting, I think its better to actually go somewhere to find food and water. Unless you are RPing as lazy ass :)

I also want some super hidden place on map to come home after hard day of killing zeds to heal wounds, clean my gun, cook food...

I'm a bit of a realist ...I spent 4 years living in the New Zealand bush as a trapper....and you always camp close to water, and food sources (rain has the same effect here in NZ as it does in-game ...only not so easy survive), so you don't live more than a few minutes from essentials in case of prolonged wet weather. Being a "lazy ass" is what keeps you alive :) ....managing, and optimizing calories used vs calories gained.

Surly dropping in a couple of small houses won't be too much to ask, they would be appreciated by more people than just me I'm sure.

Actually is quite easy to fix the water problem for yourself. 

Establish base, go to your nearest town, and try to find a gasoline canister, empty it, then go to a well, full it with water and empty (a couple of times) to avoid dying of chemical poisoning, take the canister to your place. Repeat with another one. 

This will have you supplied with water for a couple of days.

Also when you run a town for supplies try to visit the hospital and aptment building to find some water purification tablets. One of these can purify a full canister of pond water, that you can also have stored in your base.

Once I had a couple of tents in every direction where I stored a canister with water, and everytime I headed to one of these directions, I passed by the tent to refill my cooking pots and to check If i needed to take the canister to refill it in town.

I thought all buildings had 'useable' fireplaces in them since a few patches ago...

Plus there are plenty of small groups of houses around the map both in land and nearer to the edge of the map. Don't see the issue personally.

2 hours ago, exwoll said:

Actually is quite easy to fix the water problem for yourself. 

Establish base, go to your nearest town, and try to find a gasoline canister, empty it, then go to a well, full it with water and empty (a couple of times) to avoid dying of chemical poisoning, take the canister to your place. Repeat with another one. 

This will have you supplied with water for a couple of days.

Also when you run a town for supplies try to visit the hospital and aptment building to find some water purification tablets. One of these can purify a full canister of pond water, that you can also have stored in your base.

Once I had a couple of tents in every direction where I stored a canister with water, and everytime I headed to one of these directions, I passed by the tent to refill my cooking pots and to check If i needed to take the canister to refill it in town.

Awesome, I never thought of trying fuel cans, cheers.

11 minutes ago, stinkenheim said:

I thought all buildings had 'useable' fireplaces in them since a few patches ago...

Plus there are plenty of small groups of houses around the map both in land and nearer to the edge of the map. Don't see the issue personally.

None West / South West / North West of Pavlovo. Would be nice to have one or two small houses over there on the map edge for RP....as it's really the only remote area left on the map, and gets almost no 'through travel' unlike other area's. No, you'll notice some houses have only gas heaters, and the only home on the Western map edge is one of those types.

I'm more asking for the sake of those on RP servers, as you can lock the door, add some barrels for firewood and food etc, and call it home.

You can also make your own stone fireplaces, you need 7 big rocks (need to mine them). I don´t know if it is persistent tho :/ 

Yeah, not the same as being inside out of the rain though. I've never made one of those, as I'm always close enough to an inside fireplace to cook, and warm up. It's only the West that has nothing like that, and although I like the fact it's just trees and hills ....a couple of dwellings wouldn't ruin the isolation aspect very much.