Sign in to follow this  
spuddy0108

Additional food and tinder source from already ingame plant: CATTAIL

It has been suggested in the past several times. Unfortunately it is not yet implemented. And yet there is room for another weapon, the CR550. I don't get this logic. My little rant aside, the cattail can be found in dayz at nearly every pond. The rhizomes can be pulled out by hand and are packed with starch. It can be eaten raw, cooked or roasted over a fire, roasted being the most tasty. It is available at all year round. The young shoots are also edible but only available during spring and summer.

The downy fluff in the cattails sausage shaped seed pods can be used as a tinder. Very handy when you want to cook that freshly caught fish but you have no tinder on you. The fluff is also a good insulator. A third use could be to repair the down jacket, but that might be a bit far fetched.

• Like 4

Oh, nice. I didn't even think of that! 

Good idea.

I've been suggesting cattail for years, man.  YEARS. They are some of the most important food sources to a survivor.

It hasn't been implemented yet, but we get new firearms every other patch.

-sigh-

• Like 1

This is genius! I wasn't even sure what a cattail was and had to double check (I had an idea of what it was, and I was right but still). Never knew of the use that they had. Awesome suggestion :D

Yeah I'm not sure why it hasn't either and I remember previous posts discussing this very topic. It needs to be added as do a lot of other natural foods. I remember seeing a pic of mushrooms but that was a long long time ago. And as for the cr550 better that than the damn RPG or that damn LMG they are adding atleast its bolt action and folks will have to find the optics and most will see it as a garbage gun and not bother with it i imagine it will go the way of most of the civilian minus the winchester. I'm gonna say be patient I believe hicks and the team do want to make a hardcore survival game if they didn't there would be a lot more guns and explosives and just plain griefing tools. but I do understand everyone's frustrations I really do. Since I've played the long dark when I play dayz I find those tails and say to myself theres food and tinder right there lol.