Thea.bloodsoul

Constant spam of hyperthermic ever since update last night..

Ever since logging back in from yesterdays patch when my character was full, hydrated and energized, I log in and all morning and afternoon my character has been spamming an ugly line of red text that says YOU ARE HYPERTHERMIC.

I have tried literally EVERYTHING, taking off all clothes, swimming in a lake NAKED, running around in the rain, parking my butt for over an hour in one place, and it just keeps SPAMMING this, OVER AND OVER.

It's IRRITATING because I take my characters warning messages SERIOUSLY, and I never really get them, which leaves me a lot of room to take screen shots of the game.

Well, I most certainly will not be taking ANY screen shots with that horrid wall of red text, and it honestly makes me not even want to play the game because it is MAJORLY distracting! Literally every 1 or 2 seconds, I see my screen bumping from being SPAMMED constantly!

Please FIX THIS BUG. It IS a bug, and you guys have had people complaining about this bug since 2014! I am definitely NOT the only one! Use your fingers to type in hyperthemic bug, and let the pages ROLL IN.

I could give 2 shits less about all the other minor bugs that you guys will eventually work out, but this one is enough to drive both new and old players, away from your game!

I paid almost $40 to play this game, and I don't want to be tormented by a wall of red text. FIX!

You may well find it annoying but it isnt game breaking in any way and as such should not require an immediate fix from the devs.

According to the status report released today this issue  (which has been prevalent through this patch in particular) is being addressed for .61.

As for actual in game impacts on your player- it just makeseems you lose hydration quicker. 

I have found that removing hats, gloves and face coverings from my character and sitting in a pond fully dressed for some time is the easiest way of cooling down. Clothing plays a big part too, m65 jackets for example have a higher insulation value than shirts so will cause you to warm up more.

Out of curiosity what is your character wearing?

• Like 1

Take some deep breaths and think of happy trees ;)

I've been hyperthermic for 90% of my life in DayZ.

Stay wet/drenched and hydrated, you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Thea.bloodsoul said:

Ever since logging back in from yesterdays patch when my character was full, hydrated and energized, I log in and all morning and afternoon my character has been spamming an ugly line of red text that says YOU ARE HYPERTHERMIC.

I have tried literally EVERYTHING, taking off all clothes, swimming in a lake NAKED, running around in the rain, parking my butt for over an hour in one place, and it just keeps SPAMMING this, OVER AND OVER.

It's IRRITATING because I take my characters warning messages SERIOUSLY, and I never really get them, which leaves me a lot of room to take screen shots of the game.

Well, I most certainly will not be taking ANY screen shots with that horrid wall of red text, and it honestly makes me not even want to play the game because it is MAJORLY distracting! Literally every 1 or 2 seconds, I see my screen bumping from being SPAMMED constantly!

Please FIX THIS BUG. It IS a bug, and you guys have had people complaining about this bug since 2014! I am definitely NOT the only one! Use your fingers to type in hyperthemic bug, and let the pages ROLL IN.

I could give 2 shits less about all the other minor bugs that you guys will eventually work out, but this one is enough to drive both new and old players, away from your game!

I paid almost $40 to play this game, and I don't want to be tormented by a wall of red text. FIX!

Keep in mind, just like the warnings and the store page point out - the title is in development, will be for some time, and you should expect to run into bugs and interuptions of gameplay.

That said, this is a known issue that is called out in the Status Report. 
In the future, please do not come to the forums demanding fixes during development - open a bug at the feedback tracker! feedback.dayz.com

• Like 4

This hasn't been a constant bug for that long, there may have been similar issues previously but in recent patches it has worked ok.

I think the main issue was the tone that you conveyed in your post was one of demand and entitlement rather than being an informative post highlighting a potential issue.

Besides, bugs should be filed on the bug tracker. It's where they are listed so the devs can ensure that they are added to the fix list to be looked at at a suitable time deending on the severity of the bug.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2016 at 10:41 AM, Thea.bloodsoul said:

I'll take fixing vehicles over your petty little boy problems young douchenozzle.

I'll also pay 40 dollars tonight to get drunk. The investment will last only a single night and still not entitle me to talk to the bartender like a twat. 

So how about you cool off and go run along the rocks north of Severograd for awhile... see if that trims your fur a little. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, eno said:

I'll take fixing vehicles over your petty little boy problems young douchenozzle.

I'll also pay 40 dollars tonight to get drunk. The investment will last only a single night and still not entitle me to talk to the bartender like a twat. 

So how about you cool off and go run along the rocks north of Severograd for awhile... see if that trims your fur a little. 

This ^^^

15 hours ago, eno said:

You say that, but have you ever tried bartending? That's literally the job most nights. =p

• Like 1