igor-vk

New stuff on Trello

11 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I hope when DayZ is finished, that the game is not inundated with crowds at loveless maps .Chernarus is a very special map with many almost countless small details. I keep seeing new things ... as a small lake ... a sign or a cross .. waste on the ground ... a really good post-apocalyptic mood is because generated this way. and this requires a lot of time and experience.

Dayz was built on cherno, what we where discussing is modding on ideas. Those are usually done on private servers paid and maintained by modders and scripters. We also will mod on our own systems for testing and installs.

Don't confuse what modders do to what original dayz is, dayz will stay days SA by itself. Many of us are from arma community, and mod or script our own servers. It is a game in itself.

So no, dayz SA public or some private servers will continue to run dayz on cherno as long as the public wants it. If demands change, that is something we can not control 5-6 years later.

All the assets brad has posted for us, are exactly that assets we can pull from and use in a different situation.

Modding is very healthy to continue dayz and grow. Remember how dayz was first created? it was by the modding community and cherno was from the modding community. Dean developed this and made something special.

The rest of us, play with it, and make something different. Who knows, what will come out of dayz 5 years from now. Arma 3 has Exile now, very very popular. People put zombies in it too.

Don't get discouraged one bit, dayz sa will be there.

• Like 1

The only thing i ask of dayz, is the ability to port assets from other areas of BI like arma 2 - 3 and scripting if possible. We also need dayz to give us lots of fps, so we can build from there. Not 25fps....

Thank you @sneakydude, you talk about modding on the basis of Chernarus, or just seen on modifications in the long term. Against mods I have no objection, finally, this allows to address a target-oriented community.