Sign in to follow this  
Scheel968

how do you load a gun?

i have a pistol and bulets now what when i hit the r key bullets just pop out of the gun

and hot come if i hot key a weapon and i try to switch from a stick to a cresent wrench key 1 to key 3 itll drop one on the ground?

Haven't played for a while but as far as I know now, pressing R just cycles the action of the gun, Guessing you have to reload 'manually' like before where you drag the magazine to the gun (or use the scrollwheel if that's still a thing)

No idea on your hot key issue, guessing your bags might not have room for what's in your hand.

To reload on the fly (Or with ease in general) put the bullets/magazine on the hotbar and press the number corresponding to it.

R will cycle/pump the gun (Or in the case with your gun empty the chambered round)

Magazines can be reloaded with R only once they're entirely empty (This one I'm not 100% certain on, but I think I'm right)

R key works to chamber (or pump a shell into the barrel) a magazine/speedloader and is fine for fight when you have a couple of it to swap. Anyway, when one of it becomes empty you need to drag ammo into magazine to fill it again.

Couple things.

1. When you're looting buildings and you find a gun with a magazine always press 'R' to chamber a new round. Spawned don't have rounds loaded into the chamber.
  2. For bolt action and pump guns, press 'R' after each use.
  3. You can either add the magazine to your hotbar or take out the mag, press 'R' then press 'F' to load a fresh mag. This works great for those who keep magazines in cooking pots.
  4. Snap loaders currently don't work as of .60, so make sure you add the ammo to your hotbar.

That should be everything you need to know about gun loading. Good luck survivor!

• Like 1