Sign in to follow this  
luka475

Base Camp Building

maybe it is possible that a group of players can build a base camp.

There you can place tents , cars, all the loot, etc. (maybe even sink a well there)

It should be possible to build something like a fence around it and

can be locked up with a padlock or combination lock, that not everybody

can easily enter the base camp. All the things, that are needed to build the

fence, gate and lock etc. can be found somewhere (it should need a long

time to build up a base camp).

This maybe can cause, that some players estblish an alliance against other

players ...

so you frist start to survive in a world full of zombies an by time you build up

a "enclave" that you need to protect from enemy-alliance and zombies .

15 hours ago, luka475 said:

-snip-

Why don't you think this will get implemented? There WILL be basebuildign in game, only question is when.

Of course players will start something like this ...

but i mean for example, that you can find bags that can be filled with sand - and 

with them you can build a wall (players should not be able to jump over them) -

well there will be many sandbags need to get a real protection for a base camp -

but there are many ways to build up wall (logs - you will have to cut trees), cyclone

fence ... etc.

But the most important is, that you have to be able to close up the base with a gate and

a lock ... things that also can be found (combination lock would be perfect)

you know nobody can be online all the time - so you can not protect your base ...

but in real live you would allways protect your base camp - after you built it up

sometimes you eat and sleep but you are always aware to take care about your

stuff that keeps you alive - and if you are a group of persons there would always

somebody stay in a base to protect it - thats online not possible - and its just annoying

to have tents with collected stuff (you know how much time you can spend with this)

and then you are working or going to school etc. and somebody takes all the things

out of your tent - just because he is online while you are not ...

sorry for the english :)

Basebuilding is confirmed. The more interesting part here which mechanisms will be implemented. Hicks said he won't those epoch/exile bases with 5 miles sniper towers. It should fit in the environment - good decision in my opinion.

There are different games with mechanisms for basebuilding. The old epoch arma 2 mod (I think it was epoch where you where able to build a safe house)/ New epoch/ exile thing with panels but I think it looks always ugly. Ark for shure, a mixture of panels and modelled stuff. Rust and miscreated I don't know how bb is handeled. Another real good type of basebuilding is implemented in life is feudal. Which one fits dayz the best? Or a mixture of all?

Another problem I'm thinking of over and over again is the balance between raiding and safety. How safe should a base be? How easy to raid? A base shouldn't be to easy to raid but not to safety - how should be dealed with this problem? Only raidable bases when owners are online? Lockable stuff? NPC guards u can hire? Etc etc...

And how should maintenance work? Do you really want to maintenance every single thing in your base over and over again? One tent - move one thing - next tent - move one thing - next barrel - move one thing - next barrel - fireplace - watchtower - fences - gate - ...

Should there be a base area so u can maintain different areas? Or is it to easy? Or a maintenance buildings? If u store different parts like nails, hammers etc in it and someone is near that building, u have the possibility to maintain everything?