Sign in to follow this  
FanaticModz520

What Direction they should take now?

Do you agree?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should they Focus on optimization for now?

• Yes, please.
    • No, i don't care.

Okay to start off  i am not any kind of developer or game designer for anything but, the direction the devs should go in as of now is to keep doing what theyre doing in terms of optimizing the game. For those who don't know what i mean, what im saying is basically, they should keep making the game easier to run for those of us who may not have top notch computers. They should hold off on adding things and focus on the bugs, cleaning up the codes and fix any lingering issues and once these things have been done they can add this etc. This is just my opinion by the way.

Add content, then fix bugs. Remember that there are still a ton of core features - the new audio and animation system, for example, that aren't even in yet. Most of the bugs will be related to systems that won't even exist in a few months. There's no point in cleaning things up yet. Remember that DayZ is in early access - you have to expect performance issues.

2 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Add content, then fix bugs. Remember that there are still a ton of core features - the new audio and animation system, for example, that aren't even in yet. Most of the bugs will be related to systems that won't even exist in a few months. There's no point in cleaning things up yet. Remember that DayZ is in early access - you have to expect performance issues.

It makes the game more enjoyable while waiting for more content to be added. You cant enjoy new content if you lag and glitch

If you still cannot run it after .60 you need to get rid of the scattered, smothered, and covered potato.  

Edited by atomquark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FanaticModz520 said:

It makes the game more enjoyable while waiting for more content to be added. You cant enjoy new content if you lag and glitch

And you can't enjoy new content if they're spending all their time fixing bugs that affect legacy mechanics. Again, there is no point in fixing bugs when many of those bugs relate directly to systems that are going to be replaced. When bugs render the game virtually unplayable, then they issue a hotfix. As for the renderer and performance, this is only the first iteration - it will get tweaked and updated to perform even better. This will happen over the course of development. As it stands, they are focusing on core stuff. Once that core stuff is in, I expect they'll start thinking about bug fixing and optimisation to some extent. 

This is alpha. It's where content is to be added. Beta is when full optimization and bug fixes occur. This is the typical way most development is planned... The game is in a state where it is playable but obviously, it is still alpha. They will continue to fix game-breaking bugs that are very apparent and occur often but most bugs are put on the back burner while they focus on implementing more features into the core of the game.

Not much of a poll.  It's like 'A) I like Coffee Icecream.  or B) I hate Coffee Icecream and like kicking puppies.'

It would appear that regular Ex builds to solve issues is optimising and yes if you are having the same problems with 0.60 as before then something is wrong, very wrong on your end.
Example : I swopped out my gtx 660 for a 1070 and the game just got better !