Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

Weapon losses?

I've read some comments is weapon losses still happening if you have a primary, axe and another weapon in your hands?

What I did today, so I didn't lose the aug while searching for heli spawns, and search the deer stands was to do it exactly the same way.

1. Open my inventory.

2. Drag the hand weapon onto the left side of the UI "Ground" drop the AUG and once I seen the AUG on the ground safely.

3. Started to climb the deerstand

I have not seen a loss so far in any of the servers I played on today. Now I did do something stupid and almost lost the aug I thought.

I saw a Acog scope, picked it up and hotkey it to 6 I switched to 6 and my AUG disappeared, so I thought. It was behind me thrown somehow.

I can see this being the exact same bug we had before in .59 etc... so what I suggest is if you must carry the extra weapon primary like I did "for a freshie friend"

follow steps 1-3 and it seems to be working for now. I wont be totally honest it is full proof but it seems to work. And I mean never try this around a well, road area, hill area or close to a building or inside one.

Be in an open area if you must carry your weapon this way.

2 60-60 aug mags, styr aug, 2 30 mags, fully decked out gun just about hopefully I don't lose it. :)

Lost 3 M4's last 2 days. First time i thought maybe i had done something stupid but the last 2 times i had it in hand when logged out and upon logging in it was gone.

-

27 minutes ago, shadowjack said:

Lost 3 M4's last 2 days. First time i thought maybe i had done something stupid but the last 2 times i had it in hand when logged out and upon logging in it was gone.

-

Evidently there are too many M4s out there...

2 minutes ago, eno said:

Evidently there are too many M4s out there...

That did cross my mind to the point that i wonder if something fishy was up. 2 of the 3 times i found multiples. Not in the same place but in the same general area. The mags and ammo are way to plentiful as well.

6 hours ago, shadowjack said:

That did cross my mind to the point that i wonder if something fishy was up. 2 of the 3 times i found multiples. Not in the same place but in the same general area. The mags and ammo are way to plentiful as well.

My experience of 0.60 is that while mags themselves are pretty easy to come by, actual 5.56mm is much rarer than in earlier patches - probably because mags spawn semi-full (or usually almost empty), while packed or loose ammo is often damaged. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

My experience of 0.60 is that while mags themselves are pretty easy to come by, actual 5.56mm is much rarer than in earlier patches - probably because mags spawn semi-full (or usually almost empty), while packed or loose ammo is often damaged. 

Just recently returned at the end of .59 where i never even saw an M4 so i didn't pay much attention to the mags. Yeah mags are easy and do come mostly half or better full, loose rounds are much harder to find. Does condition matter with ammo? Or anything really cuz if it does i haven't noticed.

5 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

You might have hit the whole losing gear issue on the head.

Why do we see 3 of the same items scattered beside the other one? what one might be real and another one a duplicate someone else picked up? the database regards both as duplicate.

Another issue we are not totally aware of is this memory crash window, when logged back in you die right away rinse and repeat 5-6 times until you close the game down.

This maybe a duplicate check, and it found out that the sql database had id 2 and id 2 and id 2 all showing up so it deletes all 3.

This is not the same thing i was explaining about how to drop a gun on the ground safely before grabbing out your water bottle (rare as Fuk) before you climb up a ladder.

1 hour ago, shadowjack said:

Just recently returned at the end of .59 where i never even saw an M4 so i didn't pay much attention to the mags. Yeah mags are easy and do come mostly half or better full, loose rounds are much harder to find. Does condition matter with ammo? Or anything really cuz if it does i haven't noticed.

Not that i have seen, usually it ends up being a bad round or two. I believe you can just hit R to eject the bad round and your fine afterwards. I have only seen it once or twice so far and hit R i believe both times by default. Why R for me, because i am used to that in other FPS games. First thing you do is hit R or your dead type thing.

The .59 was mainly on heli spawns. Which does not have duplicate items because it de spawns after a length of time, if that is still the way things are handled.
 5.56mm ammo is taken from augs, m4's and any cmags

Now you brought up another good point.

Should we have before server reboots?? a complete wipe from non static wipes and rebuild the non static item base? Static is what a player character places down (if the devs classify that as static now)

Otherwise to me, persistence items that where originally there and not picked up after a server "soft" reboot maybe duplicating the items to pretend it is "persistence" on reboot since nobody picked them up to save on server re population of items.

2 hours ago, shadowjack said:

I have a dim sense, on top of weapon jamming, that poorer quality ammunition might accelerate weapon degradation. Might be wrong though. In any case, I am a little bit anal about the quality of 5.56. Less so if I'm just banging around with a Blaze or similar.

I tried to pick up a mil tent yesterday, and it bugged on me.  It wouldn't show up on my back, and I couldn't move my assault backpack from my hands to my back either.  I logged, and came back to find my backpack gone, but that the mil tent was now on my back.

I don't miss the Longhorn, of the FNX I had just tricked-out, but I was carrying a few questionably cooked pieces of meat and fat to my camp with charcoal tabs to test which ones were okay to eat.

It seems that logging with certain items in hands is still a bad idea at this time.

• Like 1

After that happens Emuthreat? are you seeing a memory error screen pop up, even if you don't see that error window right away. You close dayz and the memory error pops up?

I have been tracking some of this and each time it shows a memory cant be written to error dialog box at the end.

I did find out that as a freshie if that error is still present behind dayz you can get disconnected repeatably and die repeatably.. like walking into a bus and disconnect screen, restart as a freshie, same deal disconnect eventually seeing that the error is a memory cant be written to error.

You close the program restart it up and its hit or miss if the game works.

New to me, so i am unsure if this is a common error people get.

• Like 1

I have had a few friends complain recently of getting random trips back to the coast, but we suspect it had something to do with rejoining too soon after a restart.

I usually get a memory error when closing the game, if I play for longer than three hours.

I have had numerous problem with military tents being very hard to pack, but this one was just sitting there in the hallway of the shower barracks.  I don't know what happened, I never had my backpack slot go transparent and unresponsive like bugged hands or other inventory slots can.  This was all new to me.

• Like 1

Rgr i will keep an eye out for stuff like that. Hopefully the SQL database and the game engine start working together better for us.

I honestly hope they work on some of these bugs to reduce tension between players and devs.