bristol

Blocking doors with barbed wire.

I do not know who has been seeing this lately, but people have taken the wire fencing kit and setting up barbed wire right in between doorways to where loot is placed.

I know there is an option to delete or remove it but the option does not always work, this is very annoying. Its a waste of time and health to go into a big and

popular town just to find the doorways and open spaces blocked by indestructible barbed wire and you lose a chance at finding loot and other items.

Please make barbed wire easier to remove or get rid of it.

Annoying indeed. Yesterday my Character I started with 1.7 finally died, so I got a chance to start out with the new loadout. Died twice so far, certainly much harder to get going now, but the most annoying thing has been the amount of key Loot spots that have been barbed wired off along the beach.

Got into a major Farm loot at Prigorodky, was crawling between buildings avoiding the small Barn as it had 4ish Z inside. The first entrance into a long barn was wired off, decided to proceed to other end, but along the way I aggro'ed a Z and had to proceed to sprint inside 1 of the 2 long barns. There were 2 doorways nearby...both wired off, another entrance a good distance away...wired off. My only option was the small barn, so I rush in there, up the stairs with a half dozen Zs joining the party and 1 Z already up there which I took a hit from and started bleeding. Took next stairs to the top, found a Winchester with no Ammo and a bandage to replace the 1 I used. Died trying to escape barn by jumping off the stairs halfway down and broke my legs, making me a fine meal for the Zs.

Respawn, made my way to the Firestation in Electro...tower is wired off, no Looting for me. Blarg.

yea people who do this annoy the piss out of me I would put this higher on the to fix list then server hopers and shit

It would be okay if the target box to remove the wire was encompassed the entire object instead of a tiny post. The other problem is, often times, the spawn for toolboxes is wired off.

"Blocking door with barbed wire" - Is so fucking stupid and annoying that if I was a server admin I would insta-ban fuckers that do it. Seriously, there is no need to be a little camp/loot whore. If you have barbed wired a firestation off from everyone else, you DESERVE everyone serverhopping behind you and teabagging you till you bleed out and die you FUCKING NOOB

What makes it even more stupid is the fact it only benefits server loot hoppers, because if your within 120 meters of the building the loot wont respawn every 10 minutes like its supposed to, also the loot only respawns if there is no loot at all in the building (I think, but there have been times where I have seen some loot piles respawn even though the building had other junk loot still there)

Blocking doors with barb wire is almost as annoying as player-killing newly spawned survivors.

I have been running from zombies at a fresh spawn and been blocked by the dreaded wire, so I share the pain. I tried to throw my painkillers at the undead nasties but they prefer human flesh to drugs, apparently.

It would be nice if barbed wire would force you to stand and step over it slowly, still allowing for passage. If being chased, you might get hit by a zombie as you go over it, and if someone is using it for defence, it means you have to stand and give away your position.

This way is still serves a defensive purpose, hinders zombies, but server hoppers and griefers can't block loot which they're not around to collect anyway. If they are, they'll shoot us anyway, but if not, we get to live and find some gear.

i agree its annoying, but you have to calm down. if you see a really nice loot in there. Feel free to join another server go inside the building, joining back. I love not to care about these troll-attemps :D

I don't mind wired of entrances so much. Yeah, it's a pain, but it could be worse. At least running into/along player placed barbwire doesn't cut you up.

I normally only kill in self defence. But today I did my first murder.

I was upstairs in a building and came down to see a guy laying barbed wire across both doorways.

I only had a hatchet but I cut him into small pieces.

I call that justifiable homicide.

this wont happen if loot is more randomized instead of set at specific locations. having items spawn at a specific location will have ppl farming it and set up barbed wires like what the OP described to prevent others from farming it.

They are necessary to have in the game and so is a pair of steel cutting pliers...

(I also found a dead body next to a barbed wire doorway. I think the darkness stopped him from seeing the barbed wire which lead to his death. I hope he was a server hopper :D)

I've found these to be so tedious at times. I'm actually forced to server hop, it's embarrassing because I usually find these during respawns and remember them for safety if i can jump over the side-gap. Dying and starting all over is not easy, even if you have a routine or something.

If a Zombie see's you, where you gonna go? From what I've seen so far, without barbed wire or tank traps, you are dead as soon as a zombie see's you, which is quite harsh due to the difficulty of obtaining weapons without losing too much blood. Blood that is replaced by needing matches, survival knife, Wood and meat PLUS A WEAPON! It's quite harsh and players need all the chances they can muster, even if it can fall prey to exploiters.

this wont happen if loot is more randomized instead of set at specific locations. having items spawn at a specific location will have ppl farming it and set up barbed wires like what the OP described to prevent others from farming it.

This I actually agree with.

Make loot spawn anywhere. Any loot, any place, any time. Make it so the airfield is no better loot than some random house somewhere.

Rare loot is rare, period. Nobody camps airfield. Nobody barbed wires specific buildings (well they might but there's not a lot of benefit that way).

Make spawns selectable so people don't suicide to respawn. Make spawns all over the map so people can know where they are spawning and not have to spend time reorienting (unless you play THAT much that you know where you are instantly - everyone benefits from this evenly).

If there is a problem with people spawning near where they died so they can get revenge on their killer, though I don't expect that will be too much of a problem, then prevent respawn within a certain distance of where you died.

You've run into wire you can't vault over?

Take it down with your toolbox (protip: top of middle spike)

Don't have a toolbox?

Find one.

Take out all construction items until the whole system is reworked. It's just annoying stupidity now. It's totally not being used as intended.

Why dont you guys just use the 'V' key to vault over? Works for me and my mate .

Why dont you guys just use the 'V' key to vault over? Works for me and my mate .

I can only vault over wire that is clearly a little bellow the visible floor level. I haven't been able to V-hop over wire if it's just layed across a street or something and is at level with the ground.