Sign in to follow this  
SMoss

Status Report - 12 Apr 2016

Well, no update today, but sometime soon. Which probably means not that soon ;)

Why does night look like shit again on the first image? If I throw down a light/flare, it looks exactly like this in the legacy renderer. If you don't crank up gamma like an idiot, the nights don't get nearly as monochrome as some of the videos suggested. As for the first image: either the stars need much more brightness or the light needs a different falloff. Back from where we stand in this image the night sky should not be completely black. Maybe tweaking the falloff curve of the light would help, but most of all, it should not be this bright; why not? - because you get almost what looks like polarisation on the trees. Does this look natural to anyone?

so, to summon it up: bigger radius for the flar, but softer falloff. Brightness reduced by ~30%, possible color change toward more saturated (unless it is a white flare; I take it these things are supposed to be red?) 

37 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

-snip-

Why does night look like shit again on the first image? If I throw down a light/flare, it looks exactly like this in the legacy renderer.-snip-

How do you know the first image is taken in Enfusion?

The text in the bottom left looks legacy too and I thought I noticed a difference in the text in shots of .60....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

How do you know the first image is taken in Enfusion?

The text in the bottom left looks legacy too and I thought I noticed a difference in the text in shots of .60....

I assumed that in a Status Report that deals in large parts with 0.60 they would use some screenshots from the release candidate. But you are probably right, this is the current engine. Bit of confusion, because of the topic for me. Thanks for the observations!

• Like 1

Just to clarify things:

Header images in S.R are always taken by players (atleast that's whats happening for some times) and if you read the bottom of the text, it says "Header image credit: X" and X is a player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

Just to clarify things:

Header images in S.R are always taken by players (atleast that's whats happening for some times) and if you read the bottom of the text, it says "Header image credit: X" and X is a player.

Good point, and welcome back VahidkinG.

• Like 1

Glad to see this status report and the progress the Dev's are making. Very happy to hear the QA team is reporting the proper steps to get a player to slide and that is finally in the hands of the programmers. I've been killed numerous times b/c I was stuck sliding when I thought was crouched. 

So hard not having internet at my house anymore; I moved out into the country and my only option is a 4G LTE hot spot or Satellite internet. Neither would allow me to play but i'm still keeping up with these forums and watching lots of gameplay on Youtube. 

As always folks, please use my teamspeak. The info is in my signature and its always open for all of you to use for DayZ. Just b/c I can't play doesn't mean the game must go on!! Please enjoy the TS and I hope .60 hits experimental sooner than later for everybody to start testing and enjoying!!  

EDIT: forgot we don't have signatures anymore with these forums. The TS info is:

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com    <<< If it doesn't connect the first time, try again, it works. 

Edited by The Riddler (DayZ)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

my only option is a 4G LTE hot spot or Satellite internet. Neither would allow me to play but i'm still keeping up with these forums

Just an FYI, we have a person in our community who has the same problem as you. He uses an AT&T 4G LTE hotspot and it allows him to play on a pretty regular basis. Not saying he doesn't suffer from the occasional connection issues, but he can still enjoy the game. If you aren't limited by data usage, it would be worth a shot just to see what happens :)

• Like 1

On 4/19/2016 at 6:54 AM, [TAW] GunRunner said:

Just an FYI, we have a person in our community who has the same problem as you. He uses an AT&T 4G LTE hotspot and it allows him to play on a pretty regular basis. Not saying he doesn't suffer from the occasional connection issues, but he can still enjoy the game. If you aren't limited by data usage, it would be worth a shot just to see what happens :)

Thanks for the input. I'm looking into a 4G LTE Hotspot currently to see if it might work or not. I may need an range extender too as sometimes i'm only getting two (2) bars of service at my place. 

On 4/18/2016 at 11:01 AM, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

Glad to see this status report and the progress the Dev's are making. Very happy to hear the QA team is reporting the proper steps to get a player to slide and that is finally in the hands of the programmers. I've been killed numerous times b/c I was stuck sliding when I thought was crouched. 

So hard not having internet at my house anymore; I moved out into the country and my only option is a 4G LTE hot spot or Satellite internet. Neither would allow me to play but i'm still keeping up with these forums and watching lots of gameplay on Youtube. 

As always folks, please use my teamspeak. The info is in my signature and its always open for all of you to use for DayZ. Just b/c I can't play doesn't mean the game must go on!! Please enjoy the TS and I hope .60 hits experimental sooner than later for everybody to start testing and enjoying!!  

EDIT: forgot we don't have signatures anymore with these forums. The TS info is:

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com    <<< If it doesn't connect the first time, try again, it works. 

RIP, Riddler's internet connection.  We barely knew ye.

As always, thank you for your hospitality.  I'll try to populate the server some for experimental, so you can live vicariously through you ts, if you like.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2016 at 11:55 AM, emuthreat said:

RIP, Riddler's internet connection.  We barely knew ye.

As always, thank you for your hospitality.  I'll try to populate the server some for experimental, so you can live vicariously through you ts, if you like.

Thanks for keeping it alive my friend. Please encourage people to use it as I am happy to pay for it every month.  I am working on securing a 4G LTE hotspot at my place but before I  can do that I'll have to invest in a range extender as I fluctuate between 2 and 3 bars currently which will be spotty at best from what 2 providers have told me (Verizon & AT&T).  

I am also willing to leave my rig up at my office since it has a cable connection so I can schedule some game nights especially when experimental .60 finally hits.  

Watched the last video from the DayZ dev youtube channel and Cherno sure is looking good with the new renderer. I am excited to play on the coast again and actually have to worry about the infected as well as players. Sure do miss playing...... A LOT .... but we all make sacrifices in life and eventually I will be back in the swing of things and hope to get the Welcome to the Jungle server up and running once and for all. 

• Like 1