iTzBlackout

Tent/Storage Object Bug (Open)

I have to problem thats my tents/cartents/militarytents despawn.

After around 1 week they are gone.

Im sure that nobody destroy/steal these storage objects.

Possible that there are to much other tents?

3 Tents i placed 2 days ago still there.

Hope that theres anyone who can help me.

Thx,

iTzBlackout

Edited by iTzBlackout

That's it, they got stolen. My tents were placed like almost a month ago, and without any interaction they are still here. I tend to move items every once a week to refresh tents.

I noticed this morning one of my tents had disappeared. I don't think anyone came across my camp because the guns, ammo and VS3 were not touched. The tent that disappeared had some clothes in it so I would not have interacted as much with it so maybe that's why it disappeared. I have had my camp for well over a month now and its the first time this has happened. 

hmm...  I had a tent full of stuff gone this morning.  and a couple of barrels at the public camp.  and I interacted with all of them just yesterday.

I assumed someone just raided me (I took down the camps just in case), but this thread makes me wonder.  it would suck if persistence became unreliable again.

2 hours ago, Fightn Irish said:

I noticed this morning one of my tents had disappeared. I don't think anyone came across my camp because the guns, ammo and VS3 were not touched. The tent that disappeared had some clothes in it so I would not have interacted as much with it so maybe that's why it disappeared. I have had my camp for well over a month now and its the first time this has happened. 

1 hour ago, Red_Ensign said:

hmm...  I had a tent full of stuff gone this morning.  and a couple of barrels at the public camp.  and I interacted with all of them just yesterday.

I assumed someone just raided me (I took down the camps just in case), but this thread makes me wonder.  it would suck if persistence became unreliable again.

2 hours ago, Just Caused said:

That's it, they got stolen. My tents were placed like almost a month ago, and without any interaction they are still here. I tend to move items every once a week to refresh tents.

First Day gone:  Tent with Cooking Stuff, Tent with Makarov and G19 Ammo.

Next Day gone: Tent with Food, CarTent with random Stuff

Third Day gone: Military Tent with lot of Ammo,Weapons   Tent with AKM ammo

Now 3 Tents still there: Military Tent,CarTent and a normal Tent.

My Vehicles still there too.

So i dont think that anyone try to steal my stuff.

The Tents i placed earlier was done first. But i placed the Tents one Week ago.

Hope you know what I mean.

iTzBlackout

yeah the barrels that went missing from the public camp had mundane stuff like sewing kits and spraypaint in them but the barrels with heli loot weren't touched.

[edit]  come to think of it, if you forget about when I last interacted with stuff, these are the barrels that were PLACED first.  is it possible that interaction is now not resetting the despawn timer?

Edited by Red_Ensign

4 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

yeah the barrels that went missing from the public camp had mundane stuff like sewing kits and spraypaint in them but the barrels with heli loot weren't touched.

[edit]  come to think of it, if you forget about when I last interacted with stuff, these are the barrels that were PLACED first.  is it possible that interaction is now not resetting the despawn timer?

I changed the inventory every day. Cuz i had this problem around 3 weeks too. Another player on this server has this problem too. Possible that there are too much other tents? 

Just now, iTzBlackout said:

I changed the inventory every day. Cuz i had this problem around 3 weeks too. Another player on this server has this problem too. Possible that there are too much other tents? 

yeah and I purposely swapped things in every single barrel yesterday.  I'm really thinking something's broken in the persistence 'timer' on things.  to be on the safe side I'm gonna pick up barrels themselves and re-place them once a week now (like we all used to).  we'll see if things keep vanishing.

4 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

yeah and I purposely swapped things in every single barrel yesterday.  I'm really thinking something's broken in the persistence 'timer' on things.  to be on the safe side I'm gonna pick up barrels themselves and re-place them once a week now (like we all used to).  we'll see if things keep vanishing.

Im not sure that theres anything wrong with the timer. Cuz other Bases still there since lot of weeks.

I have found that tents disappear after 8 days when you have more than three tents in a given area.  If you want to keep bases with more than this, you will need to re-pitch each tent (and possibly re-place each barrel as well) every week. I just keep a car tent full of civilian tents for this particular task.  Every week, place a few civilian tents, move the gear from your military/car tents into the aforementioned tents, re-pitch the tent, then move the gear back.  You will need to do this for each tent you want to keep in your camp. If this seems like too much work, you can just keep several smaller camps scattered around the map with only 3 military tents each for maximum storage. It CAN become quite a chore with larger bases.  I had a base on a private PVE server with 80+ tents and 20+ barrels, all full of gear.  "Shifting" this base every week would take a good 2 days worth of play time.  I recommend keeping it small unless you have help.

-NNG

aka [RED]Nacho

• Like 1

Awesome. thx

On 2.5.2016 at 2:00 PM, NachoNinjaGnome said:

I have found that tents disappear after 8 days when you have more than three tents in a given area.  If you want to keep bases with more than this, you will need to re-pitch each tent (and possibly re-place each barrel as well) every week. I just keep a car tent full of civilian tents for this particular task.  Every week, place a few civilian tents, move the gear from your military/car tents into the aforementioned tents, re-pitch the tent, then move the gear back.  You will need to do this for each tent you want to keep in your camp. If this seems like too much work, you can just keep several smaller camps scattered around the map with only 3 military tents each for maximum storage. It CAN become quite a chore with larger bases.  I had a base on a private PVE server with 80+ tents and 20+ barrels, all full of gear.  "Shifting" this base every week would take a good 2 days worth of play time.  I recommend keeping it small unless you have help.

-NNG

aka [RED]Nacho