Sign in to follow this  
Xbow

Zombie / infected characteristics and cpabilities

The infected should:

1) Attack doors and batter them open when they detect people inside a structure to get at them

2) Infect players when they draw blood (cure=antibiotics)

3)Detect players by sight at twice the distance they do now

4)Hit harder than they do now.

5) When hit with a lethal shot continue their attack for five seconds before face planting into the dirt.

6)Be attracted to water holes.

7) possibly have a small item on them that can be looted (Compass, Matches, A can of food etc etc etc) 

What else shold they be able to do?

Edited by Xbow

1) Makes sense

2) Players are immune to THE infection, however we will probably have a chance of getting other infections/diseases from zombies in the future.

3) They're probably gonna tweak them when they start actually working more on zombies.

4) See 3.

5) Makes little to no sense.  Lethal is lethal.  If I double barrel their forehead at close range they should drop (well their heads should explode, but engine limitations/self censoring).

6) I hope they do this, and will expand with my own thoughts after critique.

7) Yes, and more than likely going to happen sooner or later.

Needs/Behavior: Zombies should have to seek out water and food, something like a very simplified system of what we have for players.  IE zombies will have to seek out a water source every hour, and a source of food every 3, when they get cold they'll seek out warmth, maybe they'll try to head indoors or for shelter when it's raining/ect.  The devs mentioned life cycles or life spans for zombies a while ago, needs should affect these.  IE a zombie that doesn't eat something (a corpse, a player, a dead animal, plants from a garden) or drink water after a certain time will grow more weaker and eventually die.  Now a source of food/water should be a bit looser for zombies than for players (IE a rain barrel or a toilet), and they carry the chance to infect a food/water source if an infected zombie uses it.  IE if a zombie with Typhoid splashes about in a lake as it tries to drink water it might infect the lake with typhoid.  Or say that same zombie stumbles upon a player's farm/garden while they're not around, eating their veggies and wreaking up the place.

Another thing I'd like to see make a comeback is zombies seeking out sources of light at night.  I remember from the mob one night I found a silenced bizon, got up on a factory roof just outside electro, threw a flare into an empty field, and waited as I practiced my night shooting.  Zombies kept coming for the flare at a slow shamble.

• Like 2

There should be a very small portion of military zombies that have a few active grenades strapped to there chest. Shooting one of these grenades can make them explode making head shots more of a bigger deal. Something to be more cautious of rather than unloading that lovely full auto weapon you have at everything that comes at you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

5) Makes little to no sense.  Lethal is lethal.  If I double barrel their forehead at close range they should drop (well their heads should explode, but engine limitations/self censoring).

Your crit is well taken. I should have said that thorax hits that do not sever the spinal column allow the crazed infected to function for a bit on pure rage (Like PCP stoked assailants). Of course head shots and high spinal column hits should instantly kill a zed. 

Good Post IkaikaKekai thumbs up.

Edited by Xbow

2 hours ago, Deathlove said:

There should be a very small portion of military zombies that have a few active grenades strapped to there chest. Shooting one of these grenades can make them explode making head shots more of a bigger deal. Something to be more cautious of rather than unloading that lovely full auto weapon you have at everything that comes at you.

I played on Exile server with that script. You kill zombie and when you get to loot him he explodes in your face. Annoying but makes you stay concentrated entire time. 

21 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I played on Exile server with that script. You kill zombie and when you get to loot him he explodes in your face. Annoying but makes you stay concentrated entire time. 

It shouldn't be to much of a guess which one does and does not have them. There should be a physical strap where you should be able to see a row of them dangling as they run to you on the chest. Giving you time to avoid the situation if need be. Successful kills should yield a very small loot of grenades as a reward.

s-l1000.jpg

768d1319572315-arnold-schwarzenegger-gre