S3V3N

Dealing with the frustration

Reading a post about being frustrated from someone who's been here since 2012 is completely understandable. This game has been through a fricken roller coaster since then. It is frustrating to see them make something so unique and awesome (mod) to rip it back down and start over (standalone). They have improved so much, but haven't improved upon some major things (Zombies...). This game will get there, but I agree wholeheartedly.

And to people who have joined recently, to hear you claim if .60 is a fail then the game is doomed, please go away. This game will be just fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philbur said:

OK...I respect your efforts in contributing to the forums especially because English might not be your first language. Well done and I will remember to consider this.

Usually talking or posting English is not much of a problem for me, nonetheless sometimes I unintentionally don't get across what I mean - there's always a potential for improvement for me, not only in computer games, so feel free to call me out, if I make weird or repetitive mistakes. :)

After all I have to say that a frustration is not really recommended in alpha status. it will be allright if someone is frustrated when 1.0 hits not its expectations...ok but we are not there yet.

I read so many times that people here cant understand the early access budget and the "slow" turning gear.

->The fact is, if there was no Early Access to DayZ, it would never be realized and things got shut off the gas very early by the bi lead. maybe the continued title of dayz will not be early accessable, because devs experienced enough massive multiplayer behavoir and favorit play styles from dayz 1 and are satisfied with some alpha testers for the next episode.

this thing is to big to provide it as a turnkey survivor game. dev team had alot to learn from the testing community, so the game is on its best way to be a amazing title for online gaming. i cant understand why some people always disturb the good relations of the community and the devs like some will know from the arma platforms.

Edited by Funkdoc

5 hours ago, Funkdoc said:

After all I have to say that a frustration is not really recommended in alpha status. it will be allright if someone is frustrated when 1.0 hits not its expectations...ok but we are not there yet.

I read so many times that people here cant understand the early access budget and the "slow" turning gear.

->The fact is, if there was no Early Access to DayZ, it would never be realized and things got shut off the gas very early by the bi lead. maybe the continued title of dayz will not be early accessable, because devs experienced enough massive multiplayer behavoir and favorit play styles from dayz 1 and are satisfied with some alpha testers for the next episode.

this thing is to big to provide it as a turnkey survivor game. dev team had alot to learn from the testing community, so the game is on its best way to be a amazing title for online gaming. i cant understand why some people always disturb the good relations of the community and the devs like some will know from the arma platforms.

It was already stated by Hicks that the game did not need early access to be funded for development.

Go to page two and read it.

Edited by Deathlove

this statement was made 2,5 years after the game joined the early access.

alot of dayz mod players bought the SA version with no doubt that this thing will be a hit. if there were no receipts at start up, i think dean had to leave his chair very early, and the project would be droped rapidly... no clear targets and too much work to do on that title with no secure of financial loss at the end (number of sales). BI is a company like any other....  and i dont mean this negative.