Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Odd / Random FPS "deadzones".. does anybody else experience this?

So first off, I know about that optimization. Ive been playing this game for what feels like forever, which basically is true, so Im not discussing anything along the usual lines regarding performance and FPS issues.

What Ive noticed is there are very random areas on the map that seem to be FPS deadzones, where my FPS drops from steady 40-60 down to a stuttering 5-10, and not in cities but out in the plains and forests of Chernarus. These areas react the exact same way on each and every server I play on.. to the point where now on several of these spots I know exactly where my FPS will drop and where it will "kick back in" as normal. I find it odd because these are not the usual spots where one would expect to encounter FPS drops, and it makes me wonder if others experience this same thing?

One of the main spots Ive noticed that others may know of is here:

CS5A0zP.jpg

• Like 1

I've noticed FPS tracking is a method of exploit to track Camps and Vehicles. Not sure if that's what you're running into though. Somehow doubt it. ^.^

• Like 2

I know if I go anywhere near Novo, even if it's off-screen or I'm like a Km away my FPS seems to just nose-dive from a barely playable 20-30 to like 5.

This is precisely what me and my pals have run into time and time again. And it's not even a general degradation, it's a fine line where the frames dive. Move forward a foot, you're in the lag, step back out it's back to normal. Sadly, not gonna say where I found mine, because it's too close to where my camp is located.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zyriun said:

This is precisely what me and my pals have run into time and time again. And it's not even a general degradation, it's a fine line where the frames dive. Move forward a foot, you're in the lag, step back out it's back to normal. Sadly, not gonna say where I found mine, because it's too close to where my camp is located.

This is precisely what Im talking about.. there is literally a line in the game, a well defined line, where the FPS drops drastically when you cross over it and immediately returns when you back up.

But there are several spots like this throughout the map, and Ive been almost everywhere.. If I spent enough effort I could probably make a map of all of these "deadzones" but I am not up for that task at all.. lol.

• Like 2

Must be some layers of foliage or ground textures that are double or multiple times pasted in same place. Maybe you (or someone) can port map to Arma 3 to check if that is repeating. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Must be some layers of foliage or ground textures that are double or multiple times pasted in same place. Maybe you (or someone) can port map to Arma 3 to check if that is repeating. 

This is exactly what I was thinking about.. some type of mistake where these areas are trying to display much more than what you are simply seeing. 

I wonder if the devs know about these areas, and if they are repeatable for them like they seem to be for us (Ive now had several people confirm places on multiple servers, empty and full)

I would report this as a bug directly to the devs. You've outlined the issue very well, and it's a black and white issue to reproduce.

Should be easy for them to see and take action on it.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2016 at 5:23 AM, voxframe said:

I would report this as a bug directly to the devs. You've outlined the issue very well, and it's a black and white issue to reproduce.

Should be easy for them to see and take action on it.

I would too, if this didn't still happen.  I try to check this link everyday to see if it is ready before .60 goes to exp.  For all I know, they could put it out without the bugtracker working, but I kinda doubt they would want to do that; their Twitter might explode.

• Like 2

No need to report. They are on it as usual. :)

G0rHkEk.jpg

• Like 1

Dude, It won't play... : (

• Like 2