Sign in to follow this  
cornflakesx

Throwing problem.

Hello.

Well i have a problem with throwing thinks ( granades and evrything else ) so when i throw it its going almost to my feet

Are you holding the button for a few seconds before releasing or do you just push it once?

Throwing is one of the worst things in dayz.  I don't remember my character ever throw anything as it should. 

2 hours ago, Konfucious K said:

Are you holding the button for a few seconds before releasing or do you just push it once?

Push it once

Throwing stuff works similar to firing a bow. You have to hold the button down to wind up. The longer you hold it, the farther you will throw (up to a certain point).

I am not inclined to throw a grenade right now for fear that it will hover beside me and explode in my face. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eno said:

I am not inclined to throw a grenade right now for fear that it will hover beside me and explode in my face. 

plus there are 2 types of grenades - exactly like 2 types of berries - you have to remember which is which
the ones that are kind of ok and the ones that blow up in your face

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eno said:

I did this once, and have never trusted the things again. Course, I also got rather flustered, when I saw the grenade hovering at my side, and forgot what button was run... So I backed up a few steps, then casually walked right up to the grenade and.... Well, you know what happens when you casually walk up to a live grenade... 

Stick to flares, flashbangs and smoke granades. At least you will survive throwing those. 

But yeah, press G (or whatever you have assigned for throw) and hold for a few seconds, aim with the mouse and release to (hopefully) throw it. If it's a grenade... run like fuck the other way!

Edited by Phuck Norris

4 hours ago, cornflakesx said:

Push it once

Well, there is your problem. You only pushed it once, you're supposed to hold it then let go.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

I was hoping my question wouldd have been enough clues. But yes, just hold the throw button to build you invisibile energy bar up and release when you want to throw. :)

Grenades can either make you a hero or a zero. Best advice, always be prepared to run away from your own grenade. lol.

You need to hold down the G button. After one second, the maximum power is reached and you can let it go again. Pushing it any longer won't make the item fly any farther.