Ander (DayZ)

Database cleanup [2012-07-03]

2012-07-03

* Various improvement and changes at backend in preparation of 1.7.2.

* Cleanup of objects:

- Removed legacy wire fences, tank traps and sandbags that are older than time itself (before we started tracking their age).

In the future we'll start cleaning up unused wire fence, tank traps and sandbags that arent "maintained" in a certain period of time.

- Removed empty tents that are older than 7 days.

In the future tents will start decaying more quickly (depends on factors such as if the placing character is still alive, if someone has used the tent in X amount of days - this is still subject to change).

- Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations, inventory, vehicle types etc).

• Like 10

I just logged in to the server and 3 tents and 3 vehicles disappeared, is it possible that the server needs a restart for them to appear again? Thanks for putting your work into this, it is appreciated :)

What about helis ?

stfu about "helis" already

What about helis ?

stfu about "helis" already

Thanks for your positive respons.. That REALLY HELPED me...

Fucking jerk.

I was just asking for some news..

• Like 3

Is it then possible to keep a tent of an already dead character up by using it regularly?

So will the tents dissapear directly after death or?.. That would suck because one of the reasons u want a tent is to go to ur camp if u die and rearm.. Or will the tent still be there if its been used regularly?

So 1.7.2 was estimated to be released on Monday. It's Tuesday and I haven't checked the game in a few days. Has the update been launched? And if not when can we expect it?

So will the tents dissapear directly after death or?.. That would suck because one of the reasons u want a tent is to go to ur camp if u die and rearm.. Or will the tent still be there if its been used regularly?

At the moment (1.7.1.5) they vanish a few days after the character who placed them died. This happens regardless of how often one uses it after death.

- Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations' date=' inventory, vehicle types etc).

[/quote']

Does that mean destroyed vehicles dont spawn automatically at the moment? So no point in searching unless you post here that you spawned them :P

Actually. Tents do not vanish if your character dies. Tents dont disappear for any reason except during cleanup (me removing old unused tents).

But I'm thinking of making it so that you can refresh tents for characters that have died, but this will require rockets input.

The condition that I think is more realistic is that tents will "fall over" if left unattended for too long.

To avoid that you simply need to refresh the tent by opening inventory, shuffle something around or press save.

(anyone remember old Ultima Online and refreshing houses? sort of like that)

• Like 2

So 1.7.2 was estimated to be released on Monday. It's Tuesday and I haven't checked the game in a few days. Has the update been launched? And if not when can we expect it?

If you're paying attention' date=' the Monday after the 1.7.2 announcement would have been June 25th :D

My guess its that 1.7.1.5 is proving to be very stable for the last couple of weeks, so 1.7.2 is being polished a little to avoid rocking the boat too much. Preventing a repeat of the 1.7.1.1 - 1.7.1.4 series of hyper-hotfixes would allow the team a little sleep after 1.7.2 is out, so it's probably safe to say [i']it'll be ready when it's ready.

Just enjoy the stable current build for now, when the patch comes you'll surely hear about it one way or another.

EDIT: Here you go! :)

Ahh, the good ol' days. Hopefully you guys don't decide to add a trammel...

So did vehicles in every server get destroyed, or just older servers?

Yesterday tents and vehicles disappeared on our server after a server restart. They all reappeared when the server was restarted again, but their inventories were all wiped.

Well this sort of shed some light on the tent issue me and my 1 friend are having. But for the past few days our tents disappear to reappear with none of our supplies in them. Is there any positive input you could give me to let me know what is going on in these certain situations?

No since in trying to save gear to repair a vehicle or heli if we are going to constantly lose our work everyday :)

Ander doesn't tents just make a joke of permadeath. If a player can just get back to their old tent and resupply?

So thats why my flipped ATV is gone now :( I was waiting for the server restart :(

I still dont understand whats going on with vehicles right now ? :S

Can someone clear up ?

ps. I also noticed all the actions ingame work quicker and I <3 it. Is it coz of the database clean up? Please leave it that way. Tired of waiting for 30sec for the item to appear at my backpack

Actually. Tents do not vanish if your character dies. Tents dont disappear for any reason except during cleanup (me removing old unused tents).

But I'm thinking of making it so that you can refresh tents for characters that have died' date=' but this will require rockets input.

The condition that I think is more realistic is that tents will "fall over" if left unattended for too long.

To avoid that you simply need to refresh the tent by opening inventory, shuffle something around or press save.

[/quote']

YEs I remember UO very fondly.. as soon as you started talking about the refreshing of tents I got flashbacks.

I miss pre-Trammel UO :(.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Are the attack problems resolved now?

anyone remember old Ultima Online and refreshing houses? sort of like that

That was pretty much opening and closing your door once every week. I think the saving option should just count as a refresh and it would be nice if tents persisted after dead if refreshed regularly... if not lets have an IDOC massacre ;) (kudos to people who get that)

IMO tents are not just about going back and regearing after death. After all any new player can blitz cherno, get an ak, map, compass, etc in a matter of 30 mins or less and leave unharmed quicker then running back to a supply tent. (my friend dies a lot)