Sign in to follow this  
THUNDERMINE

New Sedan Won't Move

Ok I repaired a new sedan, it is missing doors and headlight but everything else is ok. it starts and rev's up but wont move.

Another stupid bug. You can try removing the wheels, logging off and back on again (the wheels won't despawn). Often that helped for me. Usually it also helps, if another player is helping you as oddly,  a car I couldn't get to move could be driven by a friend without problem. I think that problem is part of the temporal solution to stop them from sliding away after restarts, but it causes a likewise annoying problem of not being able to drive the car. With a vehicle that was stuck on a hill, none of the usual methods worked for me...

A restart will usually fix this, but if the car was upside down before restarting, it may just be stuck after the server works again. Plus, we don't know when servers restart and 12 hour intervals are a long time to wait for.

I hope tomorrow's maintenance will bring more fixes to vehicles, as the desync with vehicles close to each other is teleporting cars around and makes it impossible to drive near one another. It also makes it supereasy to find other vehicles, when you are driving in one. We need a function to flip them over, until the devs work out the mayor problems there are with cars. 

Edited by S3V3N

I can't take out the battery or spark plug also, ughhhhh someone is going to steal it like the last one.

I can't take out the battery or spark plug also, ughhhhh someone is going to steal it like the last one.

Switching to -newui will save you so much trouble...add -newui to startup parameters in Dayz properties (rightclick Dayz in your game list). You should also be able to remove these with a wrench tool (no the lugwrench), if you chose to keep using the old User interface. 

I remove the  battery and spark plug with no problem and no tolls using the old ui. Just  look under the hood and zoom in on the plug or battery with nothing in your hands till it gives you the detach icon, Then toss there spark plug in the woods :)

shoot it (it's the humane thing) and walk.  repeat as necessary.

turn engine on. then you have to shift gears. Q and E are the default shifters. Q shifts down to neutral and reverse. E shifts up to 1st gear through 4th. although 4th gear is a bit too fast and you lose control easily. Hitting S is the brake and its very helpful. when you shift into reverse, W is your gas, and if you are hitting W while in reverse, you will go backwards. 

good luck.