thag

Helicrash sites

Since i enjoyed mod as it was good in general, I don't understand why making it different in SA.

For now, we have 2 types of helicrash sites at SA.  Classic smoking crash and Russian non smoking crash.

Im asking, can you please make every crash sites smoke, make it light at night and increase its density ? This was very good thing in mod, and now its nearly impossible to find russian crash without smoke, even if you know spawn locations. What irritates me more is when you finally find one ON EMPTY SERVER, it has no loot or trash only - some useless clothes or items which can be found anywhere else.

When you find rare things like helicopter crash sites, you just risking your life and gear coming to crash where everyone can shot you from forest, there should be garanteed military loot, and not a fking trash,  other thing is when somebody find it before you, but i found this issue even on empty servers.

TL:DR my suggestions is :

1. Make Every crash sites smoking with greater density - for now its a really thin smoke, but not a big deal.

2. Change loot tables at Crash sites. When crash spawns there just should be garanteed military loot, remove trash and useless clothes from crash sites loot tables.

3. Make crash sites Light (burning) Burning at night like it was in Mod. http://i.imgur.com/mARJL.jpgfor a chance to find it at night servers.

They weren't actually burning in the mod. Nobody could ever figure out, how to remove the muzzleflash on the helicopter's gattling gun, so that's what lit it up. I think the idea is that heli crashes are supposed to be really hard to find. I can see the Russian ones alright, but I agree that they are a lot harder to spot (and usually don't have that great loot, either). If you don't find anything on an empty server, chances are you went to a crash which is really obvious, like the ones around Vybor. Everyone goes there, but at the more remote locations I often found choppers with military gear. They do have a lot of crap spawning, though and there are always only a handful (or less) useful items. It's a bit annoying, but I guess that is to prevent them from being too important for gearing up. Chopper crashes are a game of patience. I don't even look for them any more, but plan my routes so that I pass by one or two spawn points and am happy when I come across a crash. If not I just continue to where I had originally planned. 

• Like 3

heli crashes really aren't MEANT to be farmed.  they need to be harder to find, not easier.

• Like 2

heli crashes really aren't MEANT to be farmed.  they need to be harder to find, not easier.

Since helicrashes have the best weapons in game, and you cant find them anywhere, They should have atleast garanteed loot when you find it, and also have smoke so you have some CHANCE to find it. I dont see why it should be harder, when its so easy to lost all the equipment nowadays, since everyone will shoot you on sight, + lot of bugs which can kill you too. And I for example hate weapons of type AKM, i prefer FN FAL or Snipers like Vintorez, so i want to find only those guns, and REALLY DO NOT WANT wasting 2 weeks of my time to just find 1 helicrash with only buttstock for FAL and 1 magazine, and then lose it after 10 minutes, cuz there is a bandit near in the bush.

Edited by thag

Since helicrashes have the best weapons in game, and you cant find them anywhere, They should have atleast garanteed loot when you find it, and also have smoke so you have some CHANCE to find it. I dont see why it should be harder, when its so easy to lost all the equipment nowadays, since everyone will shoot you on sight, + lot of bugs which can kill you too. And I for example hate weapons of type AKM, i prefer FN FAL or Snipers like Vintorez, so i want to find only those guns, and REALLY DO NOT WANT wasting 2 weeks of my time to just find 1 helicrash with 1 weapon and 1 magazine, and then lose it after 10 minutes, cuz there is a bandit near in the bush.

the game doesn't OWE you heligear

finding it should be the best day ever, not what you expected because you went here here and here

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 3

the game doesn't OWE you heligear

finding it should be the best day ever, not what you expected because you went here here and here

Tell me whats the best, when you find fresh helicrash but with trash loot only. I see you never played Dayz Mod, where it was just ok. When you found fresh spawned crash there were atleast Bizon, FAL and if you're lucky you found M107/AS50 or on older patches L85/A2 with Termo vision. That was BEST DAY. Not like now with this crap, where crashes dont event have smoke. I never saw a single SVD, AUG or Vintorez from when its implemented, only trash.

Doesnt even metioning the nervousness when you sneak between all those soldier zombies around, trying to take some loot, and hoping no one will shoot you there.

Edited by thag

^ Sounds like Day Z standalone isn't the game for you. It is only going to get harder from here on out.

• Like 2

The current dynamic events such as heli crash sites and police cars are better than they ever been, functioning great.

It's DayZ, so it's all a matter of "luck" when finding good gear, it should never be a certainty, besides, what if the crash site you just found was looted 10 mins ago, you shouldn't be able to find more good military gear after that.

What you want seems to be starter packages, as you seem to incline that you don't like finding gear to lose it to bandits soon after... 

Nah, crash sites are great the way they are, leave it like that.

Tell me whats the best, when you find fresh helicrash but with trash loot only. I see you never played Dayz Mod, where it was just ok. When you found fresh spawned crash there were atleast Bizon, FAL and if you're lucky you found M107/AS50 or on older patches L85/A2 with Termo vision. That was BEST DAY. Not like now with this crap, where crashes dont event have smoke. I never saw a single SVD, AUG or Vintorez from when its implemented, only trash.

Doesnt even metioning the nervousness when you sneak between all those soldier zombies around, trying to take some loot, and hoping no one will shoot you there.

You're kidding right??

I played thousand hours + in the mod, and for 200+ crash sites found, at least 150 only had the M1014 shotgun...

In 1600+ hours of the stand alone, and at least 100+ crash sites found, I got more than decent gear on 75% of them.

It's all a matter of luck.

1 crash site, 1 VSS and 1 SVD.

1zpqfdy.jpg

bityt.jpg

You're kidding right??

I played thousand hours + in the mod, and for 200+ crash sites found, at least 150 only had the M1014 shotgun...

In 1600+ hours of the stand alone, and at least 100+ crash sites found, I got more than decent gear on 75% of them.

It's all a matter of luck.

1 crash site, 1 VSS and 1 SVD.

1zpqfdy.jpg

bityt.jpg

You should not have to play on private servers with edited loot.

I play only on public servers and never found decent loot like that. and to M1014 - That was on patch 1.7.6 i think where helicrash loot was bugged and spawn only those shotguns because 1014 wasnt even on helicrash loot table, which was fixed at patch 1.7.7 where they also removed my beloved snipers such as M107, and then it was ok again. (found a lot of FAL at 1.7.7)

And now few minutes ago, i found russian helicrash (not smoking obviously) after server restart which was to be fresh spawned, and found only those things: Brass Knuckles, Green Cargo Pants, Spite.

So not a single MILITARY LOOT. I dont know why am I bothering to carry 5x VSS mags, and 1x FAL mag. When i never find a single gun. This has to be about 30th crash i found without military loot. Im tired of those AKMS i found everywhere

This is just not good at all, and should be changed.

Edited by thag

There's no edited loot on private hive servers. I found more VSS on experimental and public servers than on private hive. 

This is very good and shouldn't change, at all. Your personal bad luck with finding specific items shouldn't make the devs buff the loot tables so that everyone carries SVD and FAL...   <_< 

Whyherro123 has a point, I think DayZ StandAlone isn't the game you're looking for.

This is very good and shouldn't change, at all.

You guys are all blind.

Fortunately your opinions means nothing, and i hope devs will take my topic in mind before releasing full game which still takes about few years with its current state.

SA is out for 2 years and dayz Mod is still in better state...

Edited by thag

You guys are all blind.

Fortunately your opinions means nothing, and i hope devs will take my topic in mind before releasing full game which still takes about few years with its current state.

SA is out for 2 years and dayz Mod is still in better state...

If our opinion means nothing, then yours does as well. Quid pro quo.

Day Z Standalone isn't "out for two years". It is still in the Alpha state. Day Z mod is a modification of a finished game. Jesus.

• Like 1

Fortunately your opinions means nothing, 

:lol: 

This is your opinion.  ;) 

But seriously, no, the devs, at least Hicks, clearly stated that their point of view regarding loot is that good military gear should be rare. If you don't find a FAL or VSS when looking through multiple crash sites, it doesn't mean there's no FAL or VSS anywhere. Just look at the reports, watch streamers, watch some Youtubers and you'll see there's plenty of SVD, VSS or FAL around. 

Your personal experience is that you don't find the high grade military weapon you want when searching crash sites. Your personal opinion is that it frustrates you and you wish it would change. 

It's not an opinion or experience shared with the majority of players. 

In the end I think you are the one who's blind, stating that the mod is still better than the SA. -very few buildings you can enter -still extremely poor AI - predictable and exploitable loot respawn (clear/refresh) - terrible desync with vehicles (still... When got vehicles much later in the SA, and the desync got fixed way faster than the mod, and it's more stable than it ever was in the mod...) - no clothes, only "skin packages" - no armor value or inventory capabilities with various "skin packages" - still very limited inventory items - still very limited inventory mechanic and management - the list goes on.

You might like the mod more than the Stand Alone, and it's your full right and opinion, but in reality it's no way in a better state than DayZ SA.

• Like 1

I play only on public servers and never found decent loot like that. and to M1014 - That was on patch 1.7.6 i think where helicrash loot was bugged and spawn only those shotguns because 1014 wasnt even on helicrash loot table, which was fixed at patch 1.7.7 where they also removed my beloved snipers such as M107, and then it was ok again. (found a lot of FAL at 1.7.7)

And now few minutes ago, i found russian helicrash (not smoking obviously) after server restart which was to be fresh spawned, and found only those things: Brass Knuckles, Green Cargo Pants, Spite.

So not a single MILITARY LOOT. I dont know why am I bothering to carry 5x VSS mags, and 1x FAL mag. When i never find a single gun. This has to be about 30th crash i found without military loot. Im tired of those AKMS i found everywhere

This is just not good at all, and should be changed.

Server restarts have nothing to do with heli crashes anymore. That heli had probably been there for and hour and had been looted.....obviously SA is not for you...

as an active duty army helicopter flight crew member-i have seen many crash sites. the reality is that the world of dayz has been in a state of decay for years. any burning crash sites would have long ago burned out thus leaving no smoke. all gear would be demolished anyways. now i know this is a game, so when the little bird chopper is integrated then its possible for one to get shot down and a smoking crash site makes sense. but not all aircraft catch fire after a crash. this means a non smoking crash site also makes sense.

the current way still works for a video game. they can reduce the condition of weapons found at the sites to damaged, which can be repaired to worn with a cleaning kit. this would be pretty realistic.

We ALL want our top end military loot to be extremely predictable. There are already far too many spawn locations for the helicopters, and the range in the loot and quality is also far too variable. All crashes should happen at set locations and times across every server simultaneously, and the spawn events should occur in a rolling pattern to minimize travel distances.

Derp.

The current state of Heli's is nice. I like the rotating heli's on servers. I have not had an issue with .59 in finding the items that I'm looking for. Keep up the hunt and eventually you will find what you want.