claws4life

are helicopter crash static or moving in 0.59?

I'm just asking cause for some reason I haven't ran into any heli crash site on NWAF despite going there multiple times since update came out.

They're moving however instead of respawning once every 6 hours they respawn every 30 minutes.

I'm sorry but is there anywhere I can find this in an official changelog or that's just from your experience?

I'm sorry but is there anywhere I can find this in an official changelog or that's just from your experience?

They're moving however instead of respawning once every 6 hours they respawn every 30 minutes.

I doubt it's 30 minutes. I think it's every hour, and It's from my own experience. Also, It would be 4 hours, not 6 hours if it was working the way they intended it to work. 

I found helis at NWAF so the OP is wrong, helis are spawning everywhere (the fixed spots) and they are refreshing every hour or so.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Confirming that helis are definitely working. Finding them in the usual spots.

OP, you've just been unlucky. There are better ways of finding crashes than running around NWAF though...

• Like 2

OK this is what i found out OP.

Heli's are working fine. Its the way your doing it. Your not paying attention to the cheat maps given to you, or your just too late to find them on foot.

Get a car, (for reasons ill explain), hide it for future runs.

Open up dayz sites that show where they spawn on the map.

Drive over the chopper spawn. Taking routes in the woods.

Run the Maze, south to north, back to south. Complete circle.

(u tube videos explained it prior)

Look for crashes around the map, and once you loot look back at the spawn for up to 5minutes.

It disappears and moves elsewhere or completely disappears (need to really test that out) but its a ton of time to determine the coding they used.

WOBO is good for that explanation. He might not have decided to go into heli spawning topics yet.

Run the Maze again until you count the number of crashes per server, random % is determined not the same old spawning we are used to.

The same applies to boats, heli's, police cars and that.

Ive done a ton of testing and the coding was changed. It has nothing to do with the 4 restarts. Its a new coding that is making it re spawn after you loot it in time.

Just because i told you an easy way of doing it, doesn't mean it wont change again next patch.

I really like this format, and thank the dev's for making a pretty cool re spawning for others to enjoy the chopper runs.

Its not the best explanation, but i tried to narrow down the points.

I should also say, that i think this coding might be used in loot in the buildings too.

I walked into a big shed. 3 pieces of clothing where on the ground, and a red tracksuit pops up in my window.. I was like WTF, turned back and realized it spawned just as i went into the big drive shed.

It maybe on the 30 minute timer, saying someone picked up that spot prior to me being there and it re spawned as i was looking at the loot on the ground.

( if so, the coding may need to be changed for larger areas in the map, Highlighting places such as Cherno, electro, etc.. so that they are down to a 10-20 minute spawn timer)

Just FYI it maybe the new coding system in place, instead of all items just re spawning at once. All of the restarts may or may not populate the items. This way the demand on the server is fast, and the coding system works faster.

I should also say, that i think this coding might be used in loot in the buildings too.

I walked into a big shed. 3 pieces of clothing where on the ground, and a red tracksuit pops up in my window.. I was like WTF, turned back and realized it spawned just as i went into the big drive shed.

It maybe on the 30 minute timer, saying someone picked up that spot prior to me being there and it re spawned as i was looking at the loot on the ground.

( if so, the coding may need to be changed for larger areas in the map, Highlighting places such as Cherno, electro, etc.. so that they are down to a 10-20 minute spawn timer)

Just FYI it maybe the new coding system in place, instead of all items just re spawning at once. All of the restarts may or may not populate the items. This way the demand on the server is fast, and the coding system works faster.

Correct, the items are respawning with a 30 minute interval.

This might be the best patch ever (loot wise)

• Like 3

Correct, the items are respawning with a 30 minute interval.

This might be the best patch ever (loot wise)

you mean items on the helicopter crash site or normal loot?

The same applies to boats, heli's, police cars and that.

Ive done a ton of testing and the coding was changed. It has nothing to do with the 4 restarts. Its a new coding that is making it re spawn after you loot it in time.

I didn't want to start a separate topic - what do you know about car spawns? I understand they're not static, either?

I noticed a car this morning and though I can drive it in the evening but I think it was gone after the restart (little chance somebody took a wheelless truck from that backwoods place).

Also, I'm interested in private servers. In 0.58, spawns were static and all the vehicles were quickly taken and hidden in the bushes. Does it still work like that? I prefer private to public servers but I also want to have some fun driving.

I have this impression that destroyed or untouched vehicles do respawn, but need confirmation.

you mean items on the helicopter crash site or normal loot?

Normal loot

I've been hunting helis for a couple of days and I was wondering can they spawn without loot as I've seen some completely striped.I don't believe someone looted them completely as there would be at least some trash loot on them that noone wants. I've only seen that on russian ones.

I've been hunting helis for a couple of days and I was wondering can they spawn without loot as I've seen some completely striped.I don't believe someone looted them completely as there would be at least some trash loot on them that noone wants. I've only seen that on russian ones.

It's quite possible that you have encountered Helis that people have attempted to cycle the loot at. Just an idea, but since I've seen people cycle loot pretty much all over the map in this patch, and what with this 30min loot spawn timer it's very possible that you've stumbled across one that has just been stripped and people are waiting to see if anything else will spawn in.

• Like 1

I haven't seen one spawn without loot in 0.59. Although it would be unusual not to have even a pair of damaged boots lying around, it's more likely that it got cleaned out - possibly by more than one player - than that it spawned without any loot...

Unless there's some kind of CLE dynamic going on here :huh: .

edit: and yeah, what nuke said.

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 1