Sign in to follow this  
kylefinlayson1997

Is Anybody Out There (Specifically The Undead)

So with the release of .59 I decided to plonk myself down and play for a solid four hours straight with the sole intent of finding one of the new vehicles and road tripping from Solnichy to the North East Airfield, I was also pleased to see that the update included "zombies reintroduced in large numbers" in the changelog. That is, until after my second hour of searching for a vehicle which included 0 zombie encounters (from Chernogorsk to Berezino) and 0 found vehicles. Now, I can understand that vehicles are more or less a luck of the draw and I might not have been lucky enough to find one of the 10 or so spawning vehicles across the entirety of Chernarus, and that's fine, I'll just look again next time, but zombies? I was looking forward to seeing zombies again, it's been months since I've seen a zombie in DayZ, and while I understand why their spawns were lowered I've been eagerly awaiting their return only to not find any when they supposedly have returned. After another 2 hours I ended up walking to North East and being shot instantly which is about what I expected, and disappointingly, I did not see a single zombie. Or any animals for that matter.

Anyone else having this issue? Is this an issue? Is it really just me? 

Edited by sergeantwtf

There are large numbers of zeds in but I'm unsure if they are respawning without a server restart so it may be that they have been cleared out of the towns you visited prior to your arrival.

Zeds are also mainly spawning in major cities too so it is possible that the smaller towns on your journey simply didn't have any set to spawn in them.

2nd fox in two days.

Some Infected are spawning randomly in smaller towns. Cherno has its fair share lately.