Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Time to get PIPSI (from the machine :OOOOOOO)

Actually not a bad idea.

Maybe hitting the machine will have a small chance of putting a soft drink in your inventory - similar to foraging in a bush. Tradeoff is that it's going to be quite loud, which might not be ideal in the middle of a city. Different melee weapons should have different yields, and maybe make more or less sound depending.

Worth thinking about, I reckon.

• Like 1

The only way that is going to happen is if the last shmuck to use it didn't get their drink.

Aren't the machines out of power? 

Loss of power won't automatically dump the entire contents of the machine out. The front of those things are just a flimsy door, pry it open with a crowbar (or go at it with an axe) and then you'd be able to grab whichever can you like.

• Like 4

Loss of power won't automatically dump the entire contents of the machine out. The front of those things are just a flimsy door, pry it open with a crowbar (or go at it with an axe) and then you'd be able to grab whichever can you like.

AND if you have the patience, you could also open the door with a Screwdriver for the silent approach (but it takes a while to open). In addition I'd love to see some kind of Snack Machine in addition to Drink Machines too if this ever gets implemented

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 2

I still say encouraging people to drink soda to become hydrated in this game is some sort of sneaky advertising and no part of it is reality. Does Pipsi pay them money to have this in their game? When will we start seeing 2-liters? I think we should add toothbrushes, tooth-paste, and crippling tooth aches to the game too if were going to continue down this road...

Technically,.....

Sodas are mostly water, so even with the effects of digestion (due to sugars) and metabolic increase (due to caffiene), if you had nothing else ( as with everything else survival, you make do with what you got) and could laze about all day (aka operate at the bare minimum of metabolic and hydration requirements), soda would keep you alive.

However, start tromping "over the hills and through the woods", all while carrying a heavy load, and the hydration soda provides probably won't be enough to counter the effects of increased metabolism + increased respiration + sweating + yadda yadda yadda. Trying to survive off of soda, and other related drinks, generally means you are gonna have a bad time. I've seen it happen in my Scout troop. The kids would fill their canteens full of "bug juice" (aka ghetto-brand Kool-Aide), while I would bring water. We would be carrying basically the same amounts of liquids (if anything, they would have more, due to Camelbak vs canteen), and at the end of the day, they would be complaining about headaches, muscle cramps, etc etc etc, while I was fine.

The same volume of water is also probably more "hydrating" than a similar volume of soda, as well.

Of course, I hold the opinion that Day Z will NEVER be a "survival game", or even one remotely-"survival"-focused, until potable water becomes hard to get. Right now, there are at least one well in every settlement on the map.

• Like 1

I still say encouraging people to drink soda to become hydrated in this game is some sort of sneaky advertising and no part of it is reality. Does Pipsi pay them money to have this in their game? When will we start seeing 2-liters? I think we should add toothbrushes, tooth-paste, and crippling tooth aches to the game too if were going to continue down this road...

Because Pipsi is a real brand that carries the Czech air-force roundel...

Because Pipsi is a real brand that carries the Czech air-force roundel...

That doesn't keep you from getting cavities or dehydrating.

Nope -  in fact it is another brand called Croak that pays to have Pipsi linked with Zombies in people's minds.

Given the choice of drinking a can of Soda or catching Cholera - hmm.. you're right.. I just can't make my mind up which is better !

When you say "no part of it is reality" - did you ever see the Tour De France?

It always interested me how those Top Level Athletes drink so many of those free Coca-Cola while they are riding those day-after-day international-famous grueling world-class long-distance hot open roads under the deadly French summer sun.  Why don't they stick to water?

Now, I'm an athlete myself so I know a can of coke can give you a 15 minute sugar kick, but for long distance I'd avoid it.

What's your opinion on glucose intake? Particularly in an extreme exertion or survival situation?

xx pilgrim

= breaking open a Pipsi machine is a cool idea jorn818 =

Nope -  in fact it is another brand called Croak that pays to have Pipsi linked with Zombies in people's minds.

Given the choice of drinking a can of Soda or catching Cholera - hmm.. you're right.. I just can't make my mind up which is better !

When you say "no part of it is reality" - did you ever see the Tour De France?

It always interested me how those Top Level Athletes drink so many of those free Coca-Cola while they are riding those day-after-day international-famous grueling world-class long-distance hot open roads under the deadly French summer sun.  Why don't they stick to water?

Now, I'm an athlete myself so I know a can of coke can give you a 15 minute sugar kick, but for long distance I'd avoid it.

What's your opinion on glucose intake? Particularly in an extreme exertion or survival situation?

xx pilgrim

= breaking open a Pipsi machine is a cool idea jorn818 =

I guess there is a healthy level of glucose intake and an unhealthy level... Idk enough about that to really say one way or the other... thats probably different for everyone.

There is still the cavities. http://www.wda.org/your-oral-health/sip-all-day

Im not saying the idea to get soda out of machines is out of order or anything but it would be a touch of excessive without thinning out the supply that already exists. I've suggested the alternative of being able to boil water before you drink it vs just drinking it straight out of ponds and wells though, also. They should go for it. Add the soda machine thing but... add cavities too. and toothbrushes and toothpaste and all that lol

Edited by pilgrim

I like this idea. You can smash it open with an axe or a crowbar, with the crowbar having the highest chance to yield a drink.