SMoss

Status Report - 10 Dec 2015

honestly KUDOS to the Bratislava branch. The animals look (well some textures obviously not so much) and even more act spot on. This game could even end up as an insiders' tip for hunting (game) enthusiasts if they keep pushing stuff like the one seen in the vid.

It'll also be exciting to see if there'll be some interesting hunting related mods coming up.

• Like 2

Also. .  If Tracking is extended to PLAYERS. . Oh my. It'll create a whole new game of Cat & Mouse.

Shot that guy but he ran off. . Oh no, he was bleeding. . There's the trail. . ;D

I wonder if the player tracking mechanics will extend as far as telling you to which server the player has combat-logged?

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 2

I wonder if the player tracking mechanics will extend as far as telling you to which server the player has combat-logged?

Would be cool if they dropped a wee scrap of paper in game saying what server they have moved to!  :lol:

• Like 1

Yes!

...an off-road small vehicle. My friends and I would often utilize a motor cycle or ATV. ATVs most often because people would avoid them because everyone had decided they flipped over too much. Drive them right and they would never flip or at least never fatally flip. :)

It'll also be exciting to see if there'll be some interesting hunting related mods coming up.

I first discovered dayz because i google searched "hunting with sks" which took me to youtube and down the rabbit hole.

I know this game isnt meant to be a hunting sim but if they can perfect the hunting aspect of it, it'll be my online heaven since hunting games almost always suck lol

I first discovered dayz because i google searched "hunting with sks" which took me to youtube and down the rabbit hole.

I know this game isnt meant to be a hunting sim but if they can perfect the hunting aspect of it, it'll be my online heaven since hunting games almost always suck lol

As long as you don't mind being the hunted as well as the hunter.

Not sure about the rest of you but my jaw hit the damn floor when that gunshot went off and they perked up... OMG cant wait

• Like 1

Not sure about the rest of you but my jaw hit the damn floor when that gunshot went off and they perked up... OMG cant wait

Good that you reminded me about that because I hadn't watched the video with sound on yet.

White screen and stuck on wait for host after small patch today. Anyone else?

Yes me too.  Same result with all the NJ servers 

NJ Servers are good now...

Edited by Louis French

Any day now I suspect (read; EXPECT) the big news from the team. The year end synopsis and the next big roadmap.

As the originally projected Beta is inevitably delayed and some features have yet to materialize I just hope everyone takes a deep breath and considers the data before posting their comments on whatever the team comes up with.

I am not happy about the directions a few core gameplay features have taken but on the other hand it has not necessarily been at the expense of the total in-game experience...and it took me a while to figure that out.

Just as I was thinking about what my reactions would be to the upcoming schedule of development I happened to bounce over to Star Citizen's site for a look-see...and I am now even more grateful I decided on DayZ instead. Regardless of the next year in development, here in DayZ, the trend towards adding content and features beyond measure is something I am grateful this team knows how to avoid. Having a parent Studio counting the cash and monitoring timelines makes it a far easier pill to swallow than having an independent group running amok trying to deliver never-ending content to appease the "donators".

I was pretty frustrated when we got clothes instead of cows, bows instead of ploughs, guns instead of ghouls, and biggest of all Mini-games instead of better frames! That said, I realize that one by one these initial deviations from the core game mechanics will eventually run their course and in time the meat and potatoes (so to speak) of the game will get the attention it desperately needs (gimme my new AUDIO module!). I paid a very reasonable price for this game compared to the PTP offering over at SC and it suffers from even greater loss of focus on deliverables than DayZ could ever achieve...so looking at the big picture I think the guys and gals have done enough to earn my respect and applause for getting through 2015 in relatively good standing.

As usual, my opinion, and yours may vary, but all matter.

Thanks, everyone, for your company in Chenarus and on these Forum Threads, Have some Beans on me!