Play (DayZ)

What’s DayZ's biggest reward?

- Surviving your first half an hour

- Reaching the NW airfield (and leaving it alive)

- Finding the Helicopter crash site

- Find the rare NVG

- Fixing a Vehicle or Helicopter

- Being able to survive on dead animal and water from lakes for days

- None of the above (Play, shut the f.. up)

For me is reaching the NW airfield getting some decent loot and killing that sniper in the tower.

not dying for 2 days & getting a ghillesuit for my M14 :D

In terms of loot? The NVGs by far, managed to find them at the NW Airfield Barracks on Saturday and playing at night is immensely easier now. Playing by day however seems that much harder as i'm trying not to get killed!

In terms of gameplay? Being fired upon by a Sniper and his friend with an AK. Retreating over a road and into a gully with my friend before flanking around and waiting in the very same treeline for the two attackers to return after looting the Berezino tents. We opened fire upon visual contact and took them down rather quickly. The AK went down fast to my friends M1014, the sniper in the ghillie suit took a few shots and took cover in a bush. I crept up to him and nailed him again a couple times. He disconnected. Moments later after an unsuccessful ghosting attempt the sniper reappeared, falling unconscious immediately and received two rounds to the back of the head. Thanks for the M107!

The most rewarding thing for me is surviving, not just by myself but with my two team-mates by my side. If one of them dies I feel like I have failed. I enjoy the feeling of being successful as a team. I have almost made it to the leaderboard before and that is extremely rewarding!

killing someone who shot at you first. you can always find gear, you cant find the feeling of satisfaction you get gunning down someone who tried to murder you first.

Meeting a random player who doesn't kill you, hunt a boar, make a fire and have a nice meal.

Yes Bartle says I'm a SEAK.

The most rewarding thing for me is finding that next piece of good loot you've been looking for. I always try to get a hatchet/matches/knife and a couple canteens pretty quick, so I can be "self-sufficient" and live in the bush without the need to travel into towns. Once I have this stuff, I'll inevitably want a good gun, so I'll attempt to raid the NW Airfield…this can often result in death, and the whole cycle restarts.

What's funny is that often my most UNrewarding playtime is when I am totally outfitted with good gear...

The most rewarding thing for me is finding that next piece of good loot you've been looking for. I always try to get a hatchet/matches/knife and a couple canteens pretty quick' date=' so I can be "self-sufficient" and live in the bush without the need to travel into towns. Once I have this stuff, I'll inevitably want a good gun, so I'll attempt to raid the NW Airfield…this can often result in death, and the whole cycle restarts.

What's funny is that often my most UNrewarding playtime is when I am totally outfitted with good gear...

[/quote']

Couldnt agree more...when I reach that stage I just feel like going to a big down on a rampage not worrying if I'm going to die or not.

It's the way that it gets my heart thumping in my chest. No other game does that. Either meeting another player (friendly or otherwise), stumbling across a vehicle or crashed helicopter, getting murdered in the wild after days of peaceful scavenging etc etc. The game is all about those moments.

Surviving a full on zombie zerg rush in the middle of a night with a friend in flarelight, back to back. There were around 50 zombies who swarmed us as we were looting a barn. I threw down a flare and we locked down the place with our lmg's, zombies just kept on coming but god bless those 100 round mags and onehit kills

We have found a few heli sites and looted NW airfield, neither felt as good as the atmospheric encounter of a horde in the red flarelight. We haven't found vehicles yet, maybe those will prove out to be as exciting

One of the most rewarding moments was when I found a motorcycle and it ended with me crasching it in town, breaking my legs, getting eaten alive after crawling back over 2000kms with a spare tire. I felt both joy and hapiness at first and physical pain in the end.. love this game.

It's the way that it gets my heart thumping in my chest. No other game does that. Either meeting another player (friendly or otherwise)' date=' stumbling across a vehicle or crashed helicopter, getting murdered in the wild after days of peaceful scavenging etc etc. The game is all about those moments.

[/quote']

Yep...that moment when you're in a remote town just going about your business and catch a fleeting glimpse of another survivor.....it gets the blood going.

I entered southern barracks yesterday. Zed broke my legs when I entered, had no morphine and nearly died crawling over the bench lol, killed a hopper, took his morphine and m4 cco, killed a shitload of zombies that aggrod. Walked outta there with just over 400 blood.

Still alive thx to a couple sheep and a pig. :)

Today, got ambushed at a heli-crash by 3 guys, killed one of them with freshly looted m107. Almost had the other 2 when I circled behind them, but server died.

Still alive. Not a bad couple dayz. Problem is, all rewards in this game are countered with great loss.

For me it's having this setup NVGs/GPS/L85A2 AWS (thermal and nv scope)/M107/Coyote pack/Ghillie/Map/Compass/Knife/Matches.

After that I'll only find humor from man hunting til I get bored or die and start over.

I'm going good sice I'm on -/-/x/-/-/x/x/x/x/x already :)

Yeah, the more stuff you get makes it that much more painful when you eventually die. I had a terrific level of loot and then someone used a kill all command on the server I was in. It really stunk.

Yeah' date=' the more stuff you get makes it that much more painful when you eventually die. I had a terrific level of loot and then someone used a kill all command on the server I was in. It really stunk.

[/quote']

That really sucks man.

Yeah' date=' the more stuff you get makes it that much more painful when you eventually die. I had a terrific level of loot and then someone used a kill all command on the server I was in. It really stunk.

[/quote']

That really sucks man.

It did suck hard...but you get over it, and I started over and am having a great time…although I really wish I could find some frickin matches! They seem to be eluding me.

[/quote']

That really sucks man.

It did suck hard...but you get over it, and I started over and am having a great time…although I really wish I could find some frickin matches! They seem to be eluding me.

You'll find plenty in Elektro in the supermarket or hospital if you're lucky...but some servers sucks when it comes to loot respawn