Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Will we ever get these old things in the game back

So as seen in this video there were allot of cool things in pre-pre-alpha DayZ that was removed (I myself once got myself a leaked copy of the game 5 weeks before release with an AK-47!.... I mean tss I didnt download anything illegal.) (Dont worry I bought 2 copies so that kinda makes up for it :p) 

Back to my point, is there any chance we are going to see some old things back like:

- Empty cans, that get dropped on the ground when eaten

- Utes

- The old vest as seen at 4:20

- Items actually hidden behind objects or under chairs (although this is sort of implented its very rarely for anything to not spawn in sight)

• Like 1

-snip-

- Empty cans, that get dropped on the ground when eaten

-snip-

I've asked Hicks about this in the last 2 Q&A sessions and didn't get a response.

They had shown limping animations, and a rat model very early on that were never seen again as well.

Only most recently have we seen a newer injury pose....

You can see how much more rough the game is there.

There isn't even a separate model for the vests when placed on the ground.

RE: the vests, I think they are an early version of a high cap vest that was thankfully scrapped.

• Like 1

Utes was scrapped as it didn't fit what they wanted and I still find hidden loot in houses.  It's not exactly hidden anymore since I always look in those spots.

Utes was scrapped as it didn't fit what they wanted and I still find hidden loot in houses.  It's not exactly hidden anymore since I always look in those spots.

Yeah its kinda implented but there is a far higher chance for loot to spawn for example on a table, than behind a chair this should be reversed

the "high cap vest" was removed because of clipping issues, as it was apparently pulled straight from arma 3

Dident they also replace it with another form of it reciently?

Also, yah, I find stuff hidden about all the time still. Mostly on lockers.

I like that first vest with bullets in the vest.

1. We really need gun holster on the side of our pants.

2. special pockets for the vests like we have now with the plate carrier. Its brilliant! Bullets 1-2 packages of extra ammo, and inside slots.

when we fill them up with the correct items, they fill up the pockets to look right in the 3d models.

3. The island what can i say!!!

4. Fridges, stoves, bookcases can be opened for storage items.

5. One feature that drives me nuts is a gun cabinet its not there or guns stored in it.

6. Gun cabinets have cases of bullets. If a gun is found most likely a person has a few boxes of ammo stored inside the gun cab.

So much can be added to give the user the feel of reward. This is what most games we play with, is the reward!!! hey i just found a gun....WOOT!

after i just flipped up the mattress.

Taking away the feeling is bland at best. We feel like we are depressed, oh well move on to the next building.....

get what i mean?

The tactical vest was scrapped due to clipping issues, being ripped straight from ARMA 3 and all. I do wish that empty cans were returned to the game though as it could be used to help track down players who previously had come through, if you make them last say 30 minutes. I also kinda wish they followed through with adding the Kar98k (it was shown off in the original trailer of Day Z) though it does appear to have been made redundant by the Mosin Nagant and the Winchester Model 70. Utes would have been nice too, as the large military airfield on the island would help generate traffic between Skalisty Island and the Mainland.

Edited by Handgun_Hero

The tactical vest was scrapped due to clipping issues, being ripped straight from ARMA 3 and all. I do wish that empty cans were returned to the game though as it could be used to help track down players who previously had come through, if you make them last say 30 minutes. I also kinda wish they followed through with adding the Kar98k (it was shown off in the original trailer of Day Z) though it does appear to have been made redundant by the Mosin Nagant and the Winchester Model 70. Utes would have been nice too, as the large military airfield on the island would help generate traffic between Skalisty Island and the Mainland.

I just quoted your post as it had the things I wanted to mention : Utes was never scrapped so to speak , it was really just rocket and Matt jumping the gun and adding it to appeal to the masses , but it was realized afterwards (closer to the release of alpha) that it would take up too many resources (and it would have in early alpha , I say they should add it during beta stage if anything!) and that it doesn't fit with the game ... So now we have its replacement : the prison island off of kamenka !

Also the empty can thing would be cool but it was discussed as mostly a waste of resources simply because so many cans are used by players. And your idea of tracking is neat but it provides the meta game thought of "oh I see cans here I know someone is close by " when in reality that would never be a solid indicator of recent human presence . Kar-98k was taken from the mod (as many things were at first because the developers just wanted to get things going) and I believe they showed a recent updated image of that on Chris' trello (maybe it was m1-garand ...) to be reintroduced at some point ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush