atempleton

System to Discourage Execution

We're all familiar with how it happens. You'll be looting and minding your own busy when you suddenly fall unconscious from a gunshot. The guy comes over to your location, and executes you so he can safely loot, or before your buddies can save you, or because he feels like being a dick. So I figured I would suggest a few things that could make unconscious players less of a perceived threat, such as:

-Increase unconsciousness periods by upping shock values of blows to the torso and head.

-Those who are bleeding and unconscious WILL NOT WAKE UP WITHOUT HELP.

-Waking up will be followed by say a period of 5 minutes of slow, lethargic movements and low stamina.

-Unconscious players have rag doll animations like dead players and appear to be dead, requiring a pulse check to confirm.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

None of that will discourage someone from firing one more round into your head. At all. 

I'm not even a KoS troll. I do not PvP. I will still fire one bullet into the head of a downed enemy to make absolutely sure that they cannot continue to present a threat to me. 

And it would be easy to change my behavior relative to someone who kills players constantly.

But I still have no idea what you could do to make me stop performing a double tap for safety. It just makes good sense.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 5

It's not a bad idea. I would go for the same ragdoll animation for both dead and unconscious player. At the moment it's not difficult to distinguish between an unconscious or a dead player just by having a peak rather than check his pulse...

I like the idea!

I feel like it will have a minimal effect on KoS, though. Similar systems are in place in Rust and ARK. If someone wants to kill you, they will. It will only help with "accidental" shootings, e.g. players killing other players because you got startled.

things that could make unconscious players less of a perceived threat

But they are unconscious, so they aren't a threat until the regain consciousness. Your suggestions add more taxes to being unconscious making the likeliness of being able to fight back or survive after regaining consciousness even harder.

I do like the idea of being in state/condition where you require assistance. As of now you can give yourself a splint without assistance. Blood/saline are the only things I can think of now.

I agree, people who want to kill you will kill you because they can. But people who fire in panic mode on somebody when startled, or incapacitate someone with the intention of keeping them alive, will be more able to safely do so with such a system, so the likelihood of being executed is nevertheless going to be reduced.