Sign in to follow this  
jefc_uk

If you want a hunting scope...

You could always try my method: Check about 30 hunting stands, even try a little loot cycling in the north and then feel soulless and regreftul. Find a nice pristine PU scope though, so head to NWAF to find an SKS but get shot at nearby and chased a long way. Then get caught up with and have two nice guys (German, I think) apologise profusely (they thought I had my weapon unhosltered - I didn't) and offer food and water, to which I said "How about a hunting scope", and they gave me a hunting scope! My Blaze is complete.

I actually saw one of the two guys before they saw me (I think) but I thought they were a 'standing up dead person'.

They were really friendly and said I should be more watchful and there was someone shooting at them at the NWAF and did I want to help. I was too worried about losing my new hunting scope (want to practise first - never had one) so off I went. Such a nice change not to be KOS'd (even if they did try). Thanks for the scope! This was on UK exp 05 I think.

• Like 2

Nice guys. I've given away three hunting scopes but never gotten any back. I did get a knights full helmet by one guy though.

I left a blaze, a scope and a stack of ammo in a barrel in the middle of a town

• Like 1

I left a blaze, a scope and a stack of ammo in a barrel in the middle of a town

omg

If you REALLLY want a hunting scope got to the coastal hunting stands I always find one there I have one right now I found in cherno.

If you REALLLY want a hunting scope got to the coastal hunting stands I always find one there I have one right now I found in cherno.

I'd almost say they are more frequently found in the feeding shacks this update. Ratio might be the same, but I found two today, both in feeding shacks. 

I'd almost say they are more frequently found in the feeding shacks this update. Ratio might be the same, but I found two today, both in feeding shacks. 

I tried a bunch of them too (assuming a feed shack is the little hut with the little ladder at 45 degree angle going up to it). I will continue to try both when I need to.

yeah the feed shacks aren't on the chernarus+ map so they get farmed less.

oddly I checked feeding stands but never found any I just check coastel deer stands and deer stands near the coast and sometimes get 1-4 most I ever had was 7 3 from dead players I wrecked in myshkino sniper hills. Currently in exp .59 I'm in lopitino with a ump 45 some NATO stuff a rak I couldn't find ammo for Any gun except sporter but still no sporter for the hunting scope. I plan one heading down to zelenogorsk to fix the sedan or hatchback since that's were they spawn. Edited by DaNic2553

oddly I checked feeding stands but never found any I just check coastel deer stands and deer stands near the coast and sometimes get 1-4 most I ever had was 7 3 from dead players I wrecked in myshkino sniper hills. Currently in exp .59 I'm in lopitino with a ump 45 some NATO stuff a rak I couldn't find ammo for Any gun except sporter but still no sporter for the hunting scope. I plan one heading down to zelenogorsk to fix the sedan or hatchback since that's were they spawn.

Heheh, the same old problems here. I have a Banana Mag, but no Sporter. I had a Mosin, but it glitched to god knows where when I switched to Winchester on the new UI. I'm still trying to get used to playing with it. I couldn't be be bothered to look for the Mosin. Except five minutes later, I find a mosin clip and yet another LRS in a feeding shack. DayZ is the practical application of Murphy's Law ^^

What really puzzles me is that nobody yet found my public camp/meeting spot, which I placed right in the middle of a village, next to a house. Okay, you have to look around to actually spot the two barrels, but one of them is red-white. I have no idea how people are missing the barrels, as the village clearly was looted. I put camps in the craziest locations, in the middle of forests and hidden and they always get found. I put a camp in the middle of a village and people run around it, as if it's located in another dimension. The first one who finds my camp on De-02 should post a screenshot of the letter I wrote. I'll make sure they win a price, maybe I'll have more ammo to give away a rifle by then ;)

Edited by S3V3N

Heheh, the same old problems here. I have a Banana Mag, but no Sporter. I had a Mosin, but it glitched to god knows where when I switched to Winchester on the new UI. I'm still trying to get used to playing with it. I couldn't be be bothered to look for the Mosin. Except five minutes later, I find a mosin clip and yet another LRS in a feeding shack. DayZ is the practical application of Murphy's Law ^^

What really puzzles me is that nobody yet found my public camp/meeting spot, which I placed right in the middle of a village, next to a house. Okay, you have to look around to actually spot the two barrels, but one of them is red-white. I have no idea how people are missing the barrels, as the village clearly was looted. I put camps in the craziest locations, in the middle of forests and hidden and they always get found. I put a camp in the middle of a village and people run around it, as if it's located in another dimension. The first one who finds my camp on De-02 should post a screenshot of the letter I wrote. I'll make sure they win a price, maybe I'll have more ammo to give away a rifle by then ;)

Murphys law affets everyone sometimes it doesn't affect loot wise like maybe you find the only person on the server randomly. I might go looking for that camp but I mostly play low low pop servers because I don't like running into many people usually when I do I kos but if they speak and sound trust worthy I won't shoot, sometimes I just shoot there legs or leave them unscouis take what I need and go leave them alive maybe even hold up but I still usually break legs. I'll look for it when the population on the server drops tommorow ill be hunting for a ump mag as well.