moskorpion@online.de

New Loot Spawn System

Because the experience of looting on just restarted Servers are different as on "old" Servers. And because it is easyer to Change the Server than the Location i would suggest the following:

Building-wise Loot spawns:

After a Server restart there is only a low number of loot with normal rarity spawning(allmost clothing and sometimes Food and drink). And depending on the Count of payers it gets more and more loot spawning with higher rarity and that allways for entire Buildings. The doors are closed again if a Building gets fresh loot. There is also a Chance to spawn loot with high rarity in this case the doors are often locked (lockpicks should only be used 10 times before they are destroyed[depending on skill])

With this Change in loot spawning we can get rid of the lack that the World of dayz is not infinitely.

• Like 3

I wasn't aware that server restarts affected loot at all. Certainly when I've rejoined after a restart there's still that wool coat and damaged low hiking boots sitting on the floor.

I like the idea of doors spawning locked, though. It'd be nice if certain tools (sledgehammers, crowbars) were better at opening locked doors than other melee weapons. Lockpicks might become useful if you're keen on opening doors silently. Would also be nice if doors reset (randomly opened or closed) if no players have been in the vicinity for X amount of time.

• Like 2

There has been a new loot spawn system in place for a while now. Loot does not spawn on server restart anymore. The only things that may respawn on server restart are the heli crash sites and police cars. 

• Like 1

There has been a new loot spawn system in place for a while now. Loot does not spawn on server restart anymore. The only things that may respawn on server restart are the heli crash sites and police cars.

The helicopters and police cars don't actually spawn on server resets now. Servers reset every 12 hours and dynamic events are changed every 4.

• Like 1

I think there should not be new loot after server restarts, the world should remain the same as if no server restart occurred.

I personally dont think this is nessasary, as loot seems to queue up in locales. Remove the useless items and perhaps what you want to find will spawn.

Course, some tweaks to the spawning system should be made, mostly to despawn those useless items sooner...