Jakwesley

Having trouble Using control pad in .59

I've always used my ps4 pad in dayz, I know it's different but I just seem to be better with it. played over 400 hours and never had any problems. I opted in to try .59 unstable and downloaded it. However for some reason my pad will not work, it's like it can't find it. And when I go to the settings into controls then click assignments, it just crashes dayz altogether and shuts it down. I'm dying to the .59 update, soon as I revert back to .58 it works perfect again?? is there anyone out there that could help me. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

A wild guess, but it seems that a controller is simply not supported in .59.

Either wait for the next update (exp usually gets updates rather fast) or play with keyboard and mouse.

• Like 1

Cheers for reply mate, can anyone confirm this? Looks like I might have to convert to mouse and keyboard, I find it a lot harder tbh. Don't understand how they can do an update and controller isn't supported, surely I'm not the only one who uses a controller, am I? Lol

Cheers for reply mate, can anyone confirm this? Looks like I might have to convert to mouse and keyboard, I find it a lot harder tbh. Don't understand how they can do an update and controller isn't supported, surely I'm not the only one who uses a controller, am I? Lol

This happens from time to time , sometimes my Xbox controller wouldn't work ... But generally try and use an Xbox or PS3 controller , they seem to have the least compatibility issues with experimental patches !

Edit: having Xpadder alwAys helps it configure and recognize your controller as it pretends it's a keynoard and mouse (you just have to set up Xpadder which is simple).

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

As much as im tempted to use a controller for this game im probably just going to wait for the console version. That way i don't have to keep trying to program the damn thing to function properly everytime something goes wrong with it for the PC version.

A see what your saying never have any problems though once you've assigned all the buttons. It's just obviously when it comes to the updates