Sign in to follow this  
iamBATMAN

Changing Chernogorsk

So i was reading through this week status report thread http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/85925131387907529 and i saw a post of them stating about Chernogorsk changes.

What i do wanna talk about is why does Chernogorsk need a change? Devs themselves in a thread state that Chernogorsk is one of the most iconic cities in Chernarus, and judging from the pictures of the Chernogorsk in the future the changes are pretty drastic. My problem with this is that it gonna happen the same that happened with Berezino after the changes Berezino doesn't feel like Berezino anymore, so I am afraid that Chernogorsk won't feel like Chernogorsk anymore. It's cool how there were added bunch of new cities and villages in empty parts of the map, but these huge changes to Most ICONIC cities in Chernarus seem so intrusive and sad for me a player who spent 1000+ hours in standalone and countless hours in the mod. 

I put up this thread, becouse i wanna hear what other people think of it, maybe it's just me who thinks thatthese changes are more detrimental than positive? Please don't be lazy and state your opinion on the matter, I am really interested what does DayZ community think of this matter.

Thank you for your time reading through this

Edited by iamBATMAN

love the new berenzino and looking forward the new cherno. its been some years - getting boring.

greets

• Like 1

Cherno is a shit town compared to others.

It used to be a big place in the mod but truth is it takes less luck in spawning and less running on the coast to get x3 the loot you'll get in cherno and besides that - it is not as appealing as it used to be. I really stick to the north because it is different from what I used to see for the past 3 years.

So why not?

Edited by StanleyWasHappy
  • Like 1

love the new berenzino and looking forward the new cherno. its been some years - getting boring.

greets

So that was the new upper Berizino, last time I played I though I should have been in the fields and thickets north west of the city and there was houses and buildings.

I though I got lost which hasn't happened to me in awhile.

On topic I never played the mod and am all for adding more enterable buildings to make the urban areas seem full.

Look forward to graphic optimizations though so my frames don't go single digits when I try and explore the cities.

• Like 1

greets

I have to agree Edwin , as blunt as you are it really is my opinion , it was too boring seeing the same old Cherno/berezino , I was actually pleasantly surprised when they added the police station to bereZino and changed it all around .. That being said I only played the mod for about a year and I absolutely hated the map because you couldn't enter in ANY buildings of importance , maybe a small shack here or there but that was it... So frankly this stabdalone map blows the old map away and any city changes they make will impress me ... New Cherno looks absolutely amazing and much less bland : very colorful looking I love it .

• Like 1

I put up this thread, becouse i wanna hear what other people think of it, maybe it's just me who thinks that these changes are more detrimental than positive? Please don't be lazy and state your opinion on the matter, I am really interested what does DayZ community think of this matter.

Thank you for your time reading through this

I feel everything you said in your post. Cherno is my favorite city and the change is bitter sweet. But I do think the new Cherno looks so much better. The container yard at the south end of town looks so good. Big town hall building like Cherno should have. It has a realer look for lack of a better word.

• Like 1