Sign in to follow this  
veteranninja

Recurve bow

I think we have to wait up to beta untill whole bow system gets overhaul.

Its a lot easier to find bullets than it is to make arrows for that piece of shit bow.

Why? take a knive >> cut some sticks >> sharpen five sticks >> ready to shoot. But I agree... its a real piece of shit bow!

Edited by imun

I tried killing a guy with the bow at five metres range the other day. He was standing still wanting me to kill him. After five shots I gave up. I hit him once but nothing happened. The other arrows just didnt hit the target even though I aimed and held breath.

• Like 1

Why? take a knive >> cut some sticks >> sharpen five sticks >> ready to shoot. But I agree... its a real piece of shit bow!

You forgot pick feathers for 30 minutes.  The mechanic for searching for feathers or picking apples etc is really dull.

edit: Oops never mind, I didn't realize you can just shoot sharpened sticks.  Does anyone know the damage difference between the arrow types?

I've been using the bow lately for kicks, but it's quite impractical.

I tried killing a guy with the bow at five metres range the other day. He was standing still wanting me to kill him. After five shots I gave up. I hit him once but nothing happened. The other arrows just didnt hit the target even though I aimed and held breath.

You need to release when the bow shifts back to the left.  It will go: right right left.  Alternatively there's a sweet spot when you draw it, right before it's fully drawn, where you can be very accurate.  I suggest aiming using the floating crosshair, while in first person (so don't right click to aim down "sights").

Managed this the other day:

ZgzbQbF.jpg

That said, I still missed a guy about 15m away who was relatively still.  Also, aiming while you haven't been sprinting is doable, but when you get the sway from running around on top of it, the thing becomes a mess.

Hopefully the changes end up cool, and that the recurve bow will be rad.

Edited by Bororm

Recurve bows are useless for hunting - you can't get close enough to game to use them accurately without them taking off, regardless as to how sneaky you are. However, I was doing some low tier PVP in Berezino as part of a big event the other day and killed a guy using a double barrel shotgun with the Bow with composite arrows, which are incredibly accurate and powerful. I also killed another guy using a Mosin, though it was incredibly clumsy a shootout that left me wounded. Both these kills were however within 25m ranges.

Wait for the bow to go to the left when aiming, then fire.

• Like 1

Recurve bows are useless for hunting - you can't get close enough to game to use them accurately without them taking off, regardless as to how sneaky you are. However, I was doing some low tier PVP in Berezino as part of a big event the other day and killed a guy using a double barrel shotgun with the Bow with composite arrows, which are incredibly accurate and powerful. I also killed another guy using a Mosin, though it was incredibly clumsy a shootout that left me wounded. Both these kills were however within 25m ranges.

Wait for the bow to go to the left when aiming, then fire.

How many shots did it take to kill them?

I killed a guy with one shot (improvised arrow, just the sharpened stick), but that's some patches ago.

He was not geared and standing still. Distance about 10 meters.

I was quite surprised that he died instantly, but who knows how healthy he was.

Shotgun guy took 1 to the legs which broke them, followed by one to the chest with a composite arrow and he was gone. No vest, basically a fresh spawn who found a shotgun.

Mosin guy was geared. Took 4 hits from bone arrows. Struck his arms once, and the chest 3 times.

Also killed a guy with a CR75 today, no vest. Two hits to the chest with bone arrows. Also looked like a fresh spawn who found a CR75 and some mags.

Edited by Handgun_Hero

Oooh.  Nice kills, that's impressive to manage to hit guys that many times.

I only hit them because I fire at short ranges and quickly lol. Your arrow is dead on accurate if you release the draw string just before it's pulled back all the way for some reason.

you dont need feathers last build to use sharpened sticks as an arrows. So ammunition is easy to craft BUT its easier to kill a someone with bare hands then hit him with those arrows.