Konfucious K

Seemed a lot safer with Zeds around...

It is a weird feeling but I definitely feel like the atmosphere without zombies is much more ominous than when they were swarming the towns. Now I walk around every corner scared of my own shadow of losing gear to a random camper where before it rarely crossed my mind. Is it just me or anyone else getting this too?

There is a noticiable difference for me too since zombies were temporarily removed. Like you, I think many used them as a heads up for other players, though that sometimes was still never a sure way to say of an area was safe. But zombies will be back once more! I think everyone is hoping for the .60 update from what I understand.

I am always very paranoid in DayZ tbh, I think there are players everywhere even in empty servers

• Like 5

I am always very paranoid in DayZ tbh, I think there are players everywhere even in empty servers

I'm the same way. And really, most times I run into the only other player on an empty server be it in the middle of nowhere or in a semi-popular area. It's crazy!

I'm the same way. And really, most times I run into the only other player on an empty server be it in the middle of nowhere or in a semi-popular area. It's crazy!

I had the craziest and the most intense firefights in empty servers hahahahaha, sometimes in really unexpected places. Its like, I go to the airfield and not a single soul to be found, then I'm running through Stary Yar and stumble upon someone! These moments are so scary lol, I have to control myself to not freeze in place thinking "OHSHIT OHSHIT OH SHIT"

I learned my lesson, I must be expecting people at all times, everywhere and at every corner there is a potential camper. Also sprint = death here lol, so no sprinterino for me unless to run away from bullets

• Like 1

like in those old nam films you just walk around till you take fire then do your best to survive.......i hate taking point.

like in those old nam films you just walk around till you take fire then do your best to survive.......i hate taking point.

every war in the past 4 decades

I'm glad it wasn't just me paying for a misspent youth with an extra dose of paranoia. I'm looking forward to their return for sure, but I don't mind waiting, just glad the work is getting done and aspirations haven't changed. Still, the lone survivors will be the hunted game until then.

every war in the past 4 decades

not necessarily. Much more like "till a drone makes your screen go black" these days. Not much fighting back there ;)

• Like 1

I'm glad it wasn't just me paying for a misspent youth with an extra dose of paranoia. I'm looking forward to their return for sure, but I don't mind waiting, just glad the work is getting done and aspirations haven't changed. Still, the lone survivors will be the hunted game until then.

Game? Theres no game. Only bugged deer standing still in the forest and cows running around in panic.

not necessarily. Much more like "till a drone makes your screen go black" these days. Not much fighting back there ;)

lol man you can't just drop bombs on random Hadjis. The prerogative nowadays is "walk around until we draw fire".

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic

The absence of zombies for me does take away a heads up that was essential for me to detect players in towns and airfields. Now I rely on positioning and spend a lot more time observing before going into areas. I've also had some crazy gun fights on low pop servers. Last night I had a 6 man private hive server - and we bumped into a 3 man squad in the middle of the night that we wiped out. We didn't lose anyone but I took a 5.45 to the leg and one partner took a 7.62x54 to the chest. We killed two of them, and wounded the third before we decided it wasn't worth it with no loot to gain in the fight.

I'm a hell of a lot more paranoid and observant now and the general boredom without zombies still often makes me unprepared for a fight.

Agreed. Zeds used to comfort me because I've met players who needed help fighting zeds and we'd be friends :P

It keeps people from looting buildings so quickly and cleanly too.

lol man you can't just drop bombs on random Hadjis. The prerogative nowadays is "walk around until we draw fire".

"and then wait until CAS/Fire support obliterates there position"

• Like 1