THUNDERMINE

Just had a random character wipe

Seems there is a problem at the moment, with all servers? Can't join any, just stays at Wait for host. I was playing and suddenly got massive desync with "Receiving" indefinitely.

If you were the only one on server it stands to reason you were loot hopping, meaning jumping in and out of low pop servers quickly. If you joined an empty loot server right as it was restarted by the owners you can lose you char. Very small window but possible if you cycled many low / empty servers.

But yes aside from this ongoing issue, there have been DDOS issues last 48hrs.

Edited by KenoSkir88

If you were the only one on server it stands to reason you were loot hopping, meaning jumping in and out of low pop servers quickly. If you joined an empty loot server right as it was restarted by the owners you can lose you char. Very small window but possible if you cycled many low / empty servers.

But yes aside from this ongoing issue, there have been DDOS issues last 48hrs.

I wasn't actually loot hopping. I searched for a while for extremely low pop servers and I found the server I was on. Then, I just stayed on that server while I geared up.

Well just happened on a public server, my player wiped clean. and yes I agree with the above and announcement would be greatly appreciated, as if I known I would not have yesterday on private started looting and that made sure my character was wiped. I do hope this is a DDOS and my character will be re-instated. Will check back and give an update tomorrow.

Thanks for your work on the game and yes would love to see some ZEDs added back in beside the 2 that will chase you for infinity lol.

E92si

I think its all my fault guys, i killed a guy from long  range trying to get in my truck and then i emptied his beans all over the floor and his weapons then ran him over. The server gods are angry at me for not trying to talk him out of my truck first. Fyi his name was sheryl and he had a pony tail and breasts. Good thing i wasnt wearing my guille suit whew that took forever to craft.

That's awesome!  

My character got wiped for no reason. I could not have died because I was the only one on the server, and I was in Gorka. Has the Hive been ddosed or something? How do I get him back?

Yep the hive is getting hammered. If you look under the recent chatter you can see dev blog updates, and atm they are all about the hive attacks

Ok well my player is still spawning in as fresh on (per) and starting to feel he will never come back. will check back again tomorrow and if not, hitting my stash suiting up and head to CAM Electro if anyone wants to join me :)

Ok well my player is still spawning in as fresh on (per) and starting to feel he will never come back. will check back again tomorrow and if not, hitting my stash suiting up and head to CAM Electro if anyone wants to join me :)

The game's been working for me for the past 24 hours or so. If you're still coming up fresh, you've been wiped. But your stash should be intact (well, mine is anyway...).

I guess this is one benefit of persistence. Mind you, if our stashes aren't being wiped by BI, or by disappearing servers, our characters are being wiped by DDOS asshats.... <_<

• Like 1

well from what I was told (GRAPEVINE) that if you did nothing to alter your character then once the DDOS was resolved it would roll back, so all I have done was spawn in just long enough to check if was a fresh. Ohh well guess that is how the cookie crumbles and moto "do not get attached to your stuff" even though an unfair removal of stuff would be better if I was a KIA.