Sign in to follow this  
kumiiyo

any way to play the standalone map on dayzmod?

Hey guys,

It's been a while since i've been around here, but I have a question about the standalone map and its compatibility with the mod.

I loved playing dayzmod years ago, but the standalone is soooooo bad. It has like no zombies and no loot, and nothing respawns until the servers restart, which makes for an empty game world.

The only good thing about the standalone is the map, Chernarus+, which is really great and a huge improvement to the old one. It has many enterable buildings, new areas, and a bunch of cool things to find like crashed airliners and boats.

Too bad the standalone is terrible.

Does anyone know if we can play the new map on the mod? I would love to play the new Ch+ map with actual zombies and loot and ghillie suits and such. 

Thanks for the info guys.

No.. All the models for DayZ are P3D version 52 - ArmA 2 won't load these models.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

No.. All the models for DayZ are P3D version 52 - ArmA 2 won't load these models.

well shit. is anyone working on this? because i love the new map so much but it's just not worth it to play the standalone.

like if u own both games, would it be theoretically possible to blend the engine of the mod with the map of the standalone?

try searching for ARMA 3 mods

the first I found (there are very many, some have zombies, some are DayZ-mod on ArMA 3, whatever)

- I searched for 10-15 seconds

so best advice is if you want the SA map on a mod with zombies and a lot of loot spawn.. go look for it under ARMA 3 mods

http://www.dayztv.com/post/dayz-zoombies-mod-dayz-on-arma-3-release-how-to-install/

http://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-arma-3-the-reason-you-should-play-the-dayz-mod-again/

no idea if these things are any good, Im ok with DayZ SA

xx

Edited by pilgrim

No, these are different engines. it's like trying to install an ArmA 3 addon on Operation Flashpoint

• Like 1

try searching for ARMA 3 mods

the first I found (there are many) - I searched for 10-15 seconds

http://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-arma-3-the-reason-you-should-play-the-dayz-mod-again/

no idea if these things are any good

xx

appreciate the help man, but that article is from over 2 years ago. ARMA 3 dayz is just dayz with the a3 engine. what I want is the MAP of the standalone but not the bogus gameplay.

yep, A HEAP of mods have come out in the last 2 years since the DayZ port I linked you to, that was just to give you a place to start

I understood, you're looking for an ARMA 3 dayz mod with a map exactly like the DayZ SA map.. but not the DayZ SA map from 2 years ago, right? you want.." many enterable buildings, new areas, and a bunch of cool things to find like crashed airliners and boats " ... and zombies like in the DayZ mod...and actual "loot and ghillie suits and such"

So a mod kinda like DayZ SA, but NOT like it because SA it's "sooooooo bad". So you want it LIKE DayZ mod, but with "a bunch of cool things and new areas", and "crashed airliners" and "loot" like the SA map.

I guess you don't mind if you have the new DayZ SA trees on the mod too?. Or do you need the exact same new trees?  Would just the new areas be ok? (with opening doors). Or do you only want "many enterable buildings" and "crashed airliners" and ... zombies .... plus everything you liked left over from DayZ mod ? Or if it's an exact copy of the whole map you need  - do you want the original SA map? last year's map, this years, or next years? But also you dont want exzctly a DayZ mod with "many buildings with opening doors and crash sites and boats"?

(but not the trees, or pumpkins I guess?, you won't want those? and If you want the old sunflowers out of DayZ mod, dude, those aren't in the map now). you want an SA Map (with some changes for stuff you dont like) on a mod of the DayZ mod - mod. You can get there through ARMA 3 but it's a lot of work, much easier to find a A3 mod with stuff you like in it, unless you want to SEARCH

Are you looking to mod this yourself ? There ARE ways (ya know), but it's like StanleyWasHappy says you have work at it => new map MOD built from another Game's map, = you cant just load it in

There are modders around interested in those exact same elements you find on DayZ SA. 

Are you sure you really checked around ? Are you sure you're the only person in the world with that idea?

Modders can build maps, ya know... sometimes they like to make them real different from other maps - usually, But it has been known to happen that one map looks amazingly like another, sometimes.

(ask the russians how they do it). too much work for me, for sure...

like I said, I only looked for 15 seconds and gave you a place to start.

So - Wait till the modders put DayZ-mod back into DayZ SA (modders will, officially, sooner or later)

- or try YouTube.

If you look, you'll find pretty much what you're looking for

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1