Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

Ideas From Exile

Tbh Exile has been my affair behind DayZs back. So much of the details in this Mod would be great for DayZ.

The ability to Armor vehicles with scrap metal that you place specifically where you want it.

Having to place your larger items (bags, tents, axes, storage) in specific areas on the seats or dash.

Hell, even the zombie AI is fairing better at this point until we get that new update were all waiting for :p

I dunno, I live DayZ but Exile is gonna be my new thing until DayZ is fully finished and kicks Exiles ass. Then I'll wait for DayZ Standalone: Exile :p

-snip-

The ability to Armor vehicles with scrap metal that you place specifically where you want it.

Having to place your larger items (bags, tents, axes, storage) in specific areas on the seats or dash.

-snip-

This all sounds well and good but something tells me that a few months from now you might find the rest of this post embarrassing....

It kinda makes me want to tell you to go play Exile and not return because you apparently are lacking in appreciation and patience.

I'm hurting without infected to kill but I know it's likely less than a month away before we see them in experimental at least.

One day hopefully at some point in early Beta we will pass the point where they would ever pull the infected out again and it will be a quaint notion; the thought of Chernarus without infected.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Exile is not better, it is a matter of taste. DayZ bring a whole different experience than Exile.

I'm not the one to say what's better but DayZ vanilla will stay the same forever. That's what vanilla is for - the most simple and minimalistic featured gameplay which brings the whole player interaction to a different level. I'd doubt you'll see as many friendly players in Exile as in DayZ.

Besides that, as said way before in a post I believe bonesboy locked already - making a game and making a mod is different. I don't think Exile will have any grenade launcher attachments.

When DayZ releases mod support I doubt Exile will be anywhere near DayZ mods.

• Like 1

This all sounds well and good but something tells me that a few months from now you might find the rest of this post embarrassing....

It kinda makes me want to tell you to go play Exile and not return because you apparently are lacking in appreciation and patience.

I'm hurting without infected to kill but I know it's likely less than a month away before we see them in experimental at least.

One day hopefully at some point in early Beta we will pass the point where they would ever pull the infected out again and it will be a quaint notion; the thought of Chernarus without infected.

Mkay, first of all I'm one of the most patient people here and been around for a good long time. Before you call people inappreciative and impatient, maybe you should take a look at who it is. Not everyone is the typical OMG Y IS ALPHA poster.

Second, I've been with DayZ from the start of the mod. Good and bad, DayZ is still my favorite game despite all the struggles and borderline rage. So do tell, when is it a crime to see a really cool idea (the inventory system from vehicles) and suggest it? I mean this is the suggestion section of the forums after all.

And the AI remark is a poke at the game, believe me I'm very well informed with the layout and timeline. Everyone cracks jokes at it, its just common fun. On the Steam forums I inform people of that as much as I can, though good ole Cadderly and Blaze McKnight play a much larger role with that.

Yeah, Exile may fall in time. For now it has infected and gives me ideas that I put here (and a few combat sequences gave inspiration for the book I am writing. Such as a Sniper duel in a town overrun with infected)

And regardless of what happens to the Exile Mod, that vehicle Gear system is badass.

As a side note, Frankie has been advertising it as DayZ Exile. Is this a new, original thing that is allowed whereas the Zombies Mod literally stole DayZ script illegally? Or is this just a title for his videos?

• Like 1

Exile is not better, it is a matter of taste. DayZ bring a whole different experience than Exile.

I'm not the one to say what's better but DayZ vanilla will stay the same forever. That's what vanilla is for - the most simple and minimalistic featured gameplay which brings the whole player interaction to a different level. I'd doubt you'll see as many friendly players in Exile as in DayZ.

Besides that, as said way before in a post I believe bonesboy locked already - making a game and making a mod is different. I don't think Exile will have any grenade launcher attachments.

When DayZ releases mod support I doubt Exile will be anywhere near DayZ mods.

I didn't call it better, I called it detailed. DayZ is still in Alpha and was rebuilt from scratch, Exile had ArmA 3 and a modding community for its content so of course its silver paint is shiny, but Exiles plastic isn't as reliable as DayZs cast iron.

I dunno how the issue of player interaction came from my suggestion of the vehicle Gear, but its correct most likely.

And of course DayZ will improve with mods. However Exile happens to be one of the best mods I've seen, its along the lines of DayZ Origins. Maybe one day Exile will come for DayZ Standalone and find a way to improve it.

• Like 1

-snip-

Second, I've been with DayZ from the start of the mod. Good and bad, DayZ is still my favorite game despite all the struggles and borderline rage. So do tell, when is it a crime to see a really cool idea (the inventory system from vehicles) and suggest it? I mean this is the suggestion section of the forums after all.

-snip-

I supported your suggestion.

Everything I snipped out of the OP could have been construed as a dig at DayZ and a "so long, fair well, auf weidersein, goodbye".

No need to go on the defense.

(And yes, I remember you, man)

• Like 1