VladimirAzarov

Looking for a good role play server.

Nope. There used to be some decent ones, but they've since died off. There are some servers out there that purport to be roleplay-centric, but they are generally untrustworthy due to shady admins. Of course, that's not to say that all of them are like that, just all of the ones I've seen or heard of.

There was a man posting on these forums within the last week who was looking to start up a roleplay server. I recommend searching his post out. Perhaps he'll do it right.

Dayz underground is a server that promotes roleplaying and interaction, but does not mandate it. People from clans with unique quirks and flavors, you generally run into "more talkative" players in your travels, and the server hosts events now and again.

However, players will still KOS on this server, and no matter how fucking hard you play that role, you still might get shot without warning.

Oh ya, and it's 1pp only :)

• Like 3

Dayz underground is a server that promotes roleplaying and interaction, but does not mandate it. People from clans with unique quirks and flavors, you generally run into "more talkative" players in your travels, and the server hosts events now and again.

However, players will still KOS on this server, and no matter how fucking hard you play that role, you still might get shot without warning.

Oh ya, and it's 1pp only :)

Been on that server for about a week now. I havent ran into any of the players discussed on the subredit but so far all of my interactions have been friendly. You still approach every situation that you may be killed, even KOSd, but not nearly as bad. I like that its not all-good-feels, as in you do not have any fear. It's the right balance I believe.

Some of the RPers get a little...into it. Especially the religious aspect. But its an RP server so all the more power to them.

I like its private hive and first person only. No 3rd person "peeking" over walls.

• Like 1

Been on that server for about a week now. I havent ran into any of the players discussed on the subredit but so far all of my interactions have been friendly. You still approach every situation that you may be killed, even KOSd, but not nearly as bad. I like that its not all-good-feels, as in you do not have any fear. It's the right balance I believe.

Some of the RPers get a little...into it. Especially the religious aspect. But its an RP server so all the more power to them.

I like its private hive and first person only. No 3rd person "peeking" over walls.

It's actually pretty funny how surprised/scared people are when you approach them with AR in hand and offer them assistance rather than a hole in the face.

"Hey, you alone?"

"I'm alone I'm alone! Please don't shoot me."

"...ok. You need anything? I've got ammo for that Mosin."

Disbelieved-pause*

"What?"

But you're right, there are still those murderous basards about. Ran into a trio of canibals in Zelenogorsk a week ago. Ended violently. Then a ran into a guy in a skull balaclava in stary and we exchanged ammo and then parted ways.

Seems that the flavor of player interactions are actually based upon the quality of the players involved. Who would have thought?

• Like 1

I'd like to give a proper RP server a go - I might check them. It's a pity you can't choose different animations like walking and mannerisms so you can really get into character.

what is the ip to this server?

• Like 1

what is the ip to this server?

Use this in place of a normal IP

play.dayzunderground.com:2502

• Like 1