Cr4cksh0t

Desolate Game? Where is everyone?

So since .58 hit. I have always played on 30/40/50 player servers. what ever public is full. 

I have seen 2 people and met up with 1 (planned) ..... in that time. playing quiet a bit. few hours a night..... 

and ive ran all over the map. except for NOVO ways...

where is everyone?

Waiting for a reason to play other than PVP, when the infected roam the land again, so will the players.

that, there is hardly anything to do apart from boom boom ;) 

I didn't log in for a while and when I did, it was for chatting and relaxing in-game.

Couple of my friends asked if we should play DayZ for a long time. I said there's no zombies currently and they maybe come back in 0.60. So DayZ playing together is pushed back until then.

Waiting for a reason to play other than PVP, when the infected roam the land again, so will the players.

Same here. Currently playing ARK and 7DTD while waiting, both having working PvE parts.

I'm thinking the same thing, seeing very few people.

We're not discussing whether you play DayZ or not. We're discussing where people are on the full pop servers.

• Like 2

Military areas and Berezino/Cherno/Elektro are a bit too hot for me though. I still feel as if I'm seeing less people all around the map than before.

NWAF and surrounding cities are hotzones again for me. Myshkino tents has the occasional sprint-looter. Haven't seen much of anyone elsewhere in my travels.

It should be noted that I avoid all of the coastal cities except Kamenka once I've managed to get healthy and leave the coast, and I haven't been up to Krasnostav or Novodimitrovsk in a while.

I didn't log in for a while and when I did, it was for chatting and relaxing in-game.

Couple of my friends asked if we should play DayZ for a long time. I said there's no zombies currently and they maybe come back in 0.60. So DayZ playing together is pushed back until then.

Same here. Currently playing ARK and 7DTD while waiting, both having working PvE parts.

My group is the exact opposite, we don't miss the zombies at all and love this patch =P

• Like 1

My group is the exact opposite, we don't miss the zombies at all and love this patch =P

Every song finds an odd outsider, who loves it :P

ok. I hear alot of "nwaf" + "tent city" + usual "cherno/electro/berez"

well thats what im saying. 

since .58 hit.

i spent a week around zelenogorsk / tent city / end of the map

i camped berez for 4 days straight. only seen 1 guy. who actually didn't see me and i never him. i was on roof of app's as you do. he asked me to come down i said no. he said ok. he wanted to leave and was afraid i would shoot him. i said normally i would but i haven't seen anyone in days so yeah. ill let ya go. and off he went.

found a base location with 7 tents/ mil tent + 2 car tents and all the gear you could grab. I took the lot with my friend. spent 2 hours taking it all down. in that time the owners logged in 1 by 1 and i shot them all in the face. 

camped NWAF for 2 days straight. before that spent 2 days camping vybor/mil/chopper crash's around that area.. 

other than those people i mentioned above. 
i have always played on 30 / 40 and 50 player servers ( i mean. there are at least always 30 players on )

thats the thing. where are they. I thought perhaps everyone is up north past servograd or something. the only stretch i havent run novo to west via servograd.

other than that. ive been everywhere. all there is, is pvp. so have to go where the people are.

thought perhaps someone here could mention some new PVP stomp zone or something.

oh well. 

=(

Even on a full server of 50 people, it's not like you're going to find huge crowds.  You can evenly space 50 people like 2 miles apart on this map. 

I tried some "chop chop" with my ax against two guys I met on the coast road. 

Melee combat is still pretty weak.  it takes so long to wind up and swing, none of us could hit each other.

Ohhh man I really want zombies back for that extra element to struggle against :(

I can see myself doing a 12 hour stint on DayZ when zombies are back!

Please please hurry the zombies back devs! :( 

Respect for Devs and all their work though !

I often wondered the same. Here is mostly what I see since .58:

- The Coastal towns I see mostly fresh spawns and that one (or group) of geared player(s)shooting anything that moves.

- NE (mostly Kransnostav) and other smaller surrounding towns. And Svet and Berezino a lot of fresh spawns and a few geared players shooting anything that moves.

- Going West I see a few in Novo. Stary Sobor and Severograd seem to have some action most days. It's where I've gotten caught up the last few times heading west.

Other then that not much luck running into people on a full pop server anywhere else. I hear the surrounding cities to the NWAF too may have people as well. Me and a few friends were discussing this the other day, since we went to the NWAF and Myshkino tents in a very full server and didn't see a soul. We came to the conclusion it may be a reverse effect where people stay out of highly dangerous areas when they know it's possible to get killed. We were all dumbfounded to not find not one person at the two places I just mentioned. This could be a good thing. Makes players spread out over the map instead of in one concentrated area.

Anywho, good luck in your search for people!

• Like 1

Other then that not much luck running into people on a full pop server anywhere else. I hear the surrounding cities to the NWAF too may have people as well. Me and a few friends were discussing this the other day, since we went to the NWAF and Myshkino tents in a very full server and didn't see a soul. We came to the conclusion it may be a reverse effect where people stay out of highly dangerous areas when they know it's possible to get killed. We were all dumbfounded to not find not one person at the two places I just mentioned. This could be a good thing. Makes players spread out over the map instead of in one concentrated area.

DayZ has always been this way, even in the mod.  No where is guaranteed 100% and there are dry spells at the biggest hot spots, but they are still very popular.  Some times you have to wait an hour, some times you wait 10 minutes.

I guarantee if you stick around the nwaf and myshkino base you will eventually find action though.

Private servers and public servers vary wildly. Pub servers will be desolate at mil bases for hours at times if they are high pop. Private servers will be the opposite. Keep that in mind.

It doesn't even come close to 1PP population. Compared to what it was, it's a wasteland now. There's just 1 full server most of the time, the rest barely have anyone on em.

all there is, is pvp. so have to go where the people are.

Sad, but true. Welcome to the sandbox :D

• Like 1