Sign in to follow this  
GeneralWampa

A Carnival Location in Chernarus

I'd really like to see the addition of a carnival location in Chernarus. A carnival would present a unique opportunity to provide certain loot (clown masks, clothes, maybe guns at a shooting range, gasoline canisters by generators, tires and other car parts at rides / bumper cars etc). It would also add to the immersion of the game, further suggesting that a normal society once existed in Chernarus where civilians enjoyed recreation. If it's run down and abandoned, it could also be creepy, adding to the horror element of DayZ (especially at night). 

What do you guys think? Let me know.

Here are some pictures from an abandoned carnival in Pripyat (a city in Ukraine that was evacuated after the Chernobyl nuclear incident) just so you get an idea of what I'm talking about. Happy surviving!

fsUoajt.jpg

MhoByjY.jpg

Edited by GeneralWampa
  • Like 6

I'd like to see this make it into the game as well. There's actually evidence in-game that Chernarus does have carnivals (see the descriptions of the Payday masks), so it would definitely fit into the story.

Edited by OnionOfShame
  • Like 1

A shopping mall would be cool actually!

I too would like to see a shopping mall. The more unique and realistic locations the better! Although I'm not sure if a shopping mall would fit perfectly well in the setting...

Pshhh, "nice" idea... Ray Bradbury. What's next? A shopping mall in DayZ?

Also, Pripyat is not Ukranian city, is belong to Russia. Do not believe Wikipedia propaganda.

Did you REALLY register for this post?

I can only imagine all the players re-enacting Zombieland scenes. If there's a carnival, then add in a single twinkie, and a banjo to the CLE, and a bonus squeak sound whenever a clown mask is hit with a sledgehammer.

It's not a bad idea, but I think it'll be up to modders to create it.

• Like 1

Only if bearded women are involved.

Oops, sorry, wrong forum.....

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I would suggest a carnival if added, be located between Chernogorsk and Prigorodki, or in the fields southwest of Vybor. And yes, clown zombies are absolutely mandatory.

• Like 1