MadMcardle

Playstyle - am I the only one?

Hey guys,

I just wondered if anyone else plays the way I do? I have a set of "rules" kinda that I like to play by, I know most people I have played with think it is...not good, but I don't care, it makes it more fun in my opinion!

1. I do not use teamspeak/steam chat - I prefer in-game chat, and using the radio, yes there is a good chance people will hear me BUT isn't that kind of the point? Maybe some nice interaction or some PvP? Otherwise you could be going past a few people regardless right?

2. I don't generally arrange meetups - I like to just log in, set myself a goal and see who I meet, that way when you bump in to someone you have no idea what is going to happen!

3. No cans or water bottles - This is my latest trend I guess lol, I died tonight though, sure is tough living off the land completely I think. The only way I can have something to carry water is if I make it with pelt, which I am yet to do :P

4. I actually like nighttime! Yes it's dark, but then I use flares etc, which gets me in tricky situations at times but I love it!

I'd love to know if there are any other players out there that play like this, or if you have some rules you play with, what are they?

Thanks

Mad

• Like 2

I have a couple of rules for myself, but not like these. I do like using in game chat, however I still use skype, and I very much like to meet up with my friends, except we don't meet, we have one just catch up. My rules are fairly simple:

1. Don't rob fresh spawns (Or anyone who seems to be struggling)

2. Don't turn my back to my friend Andrew who's shot my from time to time xD

3. No KoS (Unless in "hot zones" such as NWAF or Balota)

4. Don't hurt anyone who complies with me, even if they're dickish about it.

5. No Mountain backpacks/Waterproof packs (They obstruct my view as I play in 1PP)

6. If someone helps me out, don't be an asshat and hurt them.

Basically I'm just cautious and "honorable", more or less.

Oh and night time is amazing, plus I get forced into it sometimes since I play on a private hive.

Edited by Stryker7x

Hey guys,

I just wondered if anyone else plays the way I do? I have a set of "rules" kinda that I like to play by, I know most people I have played with think it is...not good, but I don't care, it makes it more fun in my opinion!

1. I do not use teamspeak/steam chat - I prefer in-game chat, and using the radio, yes there is a good chance people will hear me BUT isn't that kind of the point? Maybe some nice interaction or some PvP? Otherwise you could be going past a few people regardless right?

2. I don't generally arrange meetups - I like to just log in, set myself a goal and see who I meet, that way when you bump in to someone you have no idea what is going to happen!

3. No cans or water bottles - This is my latest trend I guess lol, I died tonight though, sure is tough living off the land completely I think. The only way I can have something to carry water is if I make it with pelt, which I am yet to do :P

4. I actually like nighttime! Yes it's dark, but then I use flares etc, which gets me in tricky situations at times but I love it!

I'd love to know if there are any other players out there that play like this, or if you have some rules you play with, what are they?

Thanks

Mad

I play without rules, morals or honour. It's worked out fine so far.

I have a new rule, don't melt your face off at the campfire!

• Like 1

+1

• Like 1

+1

I couldn't play without teamspeak. I play with a mate and we're always talking as we make our way through the countryside and as the voice is completely shite in dayz with basically, anyone within a 100m can hear you, we'll stick to TS (though I love trolling him by muting my TS mic and then putting on pirate voices to pretend we have a gang outside and we're trapped in a building and then switch back to TS "Can you see them?? I don't see anyone! Don't stay near the windows!!"

ROFL it's so hard keeping a straight face as I try to pretend it isn't me :lol: :D