Sign in to follow this  
claws4life

how are helicopter crash sites working in 0.58 stable

Just wondering, are crash sites refreshing locations on all servers or are they random but fixed locations on different servers?

there are four carshsites on every server, respawning every four hours,dynamicly on various, but fixed positions.

greets

• Like 1

I have come across 2 so far, was great to not know exactly where they were I think, made it all the more intense, luckily no one else was at them! But I didn't get the SVD :( lol

There is a total number of 3 spawning. respawning loot each 4 hours and re-positioning (in my experience in a pub server) just it took a lot of hours to re-position i guess, maybe 12 ro 24 hours 

There is a total number of 3 spawning. respawning loot each 4 hours and re-positioning (in my experience in a pub server) just it took a lot of hours to re-position i guess, maybe 12 ro 24 hours 

Ah, so they don't reposition every four hours?

Whatever the case, they seem to be working pretty well to me, and the problem of reconciling them to persistence has largely been solved - so thumbs up for the devs here.

Ah, so they don't reposition every four hours?

Whatever the case, they seem to be working pretty well to me, and the problem of reconciling them to persistence has largely been solved - so thumbs up for the devs here.

is it? since when exactly? because that occurs to me 4 days ago.

no they don't re position every 4 hours, they respawn loot every 4 hours or so.

I have come across 2 so far, was great to not know exactly where they were I think, made it all the more intense, luckily no one else was at them! But I didn't get the SVD :( lol

Whats the damage on the SVD even like? It would suck to get the gun just to find out a civilian gun can still outclass it.

Whats the damage on the SVD even like? It would suck to get the gun just to find out a civilian gun can still outclass it.

it has nothing to do with the gun, only the ammo counts...

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-a-guide-to-bullet-velocity-in-dayz-standalone/

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-how-ricochets-penetration-work-in-dayz-standalone/

• Like 1

That's some pretty interesting and cool stuff in those videos you showed me. Thanks for the links I found them very informative. Looks like I'm sticking with 9mm pistols seem like a good starter hand gun.

is it? since when exactly? because that occurs to me 4 days ago.

no they don't re position every 4 hours, they respawn loot every 4 hours or so.

Well that's progress on the last two or three patches then - when they were either at the same place for ever on every server, or not spawning at all, or spawning at random places with broken loot. Seems like progress to me...

Well that's progress on the last two or three patches then - when they were either at the same place for ever on every server, or not spawning at all, or spawning at random places with broken loot. Seems like progress to me...

oh man another "English WIP" issue. i didn't know what "reconciling" actually mean so i guessed that i can skip it and still get the sentence. see, i thought you are mentioning another bug being fixed,

so basically, they are functioning pretty well to me, other than that they will remove other items and even persistence storage in a radius of 1KM around the crash site upon a despawn (clean-up) 

The helicrashes seem to be dynamically respawning.  I have made three full loops of the helicrashes, looting for bit of food in between, but largely only stopping to top off my hydration.  It takes about 5 hours on foot to loop from Kamenka around ZG, up around Stary Sobor, and then through NWAF and around Sinistock to Pushtoshka.  So far, the only one I've found was in Pulkovo, I got an AKM out of it; but it was cleaned up on my next lap around.

My real concern is that they are respawning too frequently to actually be visited with any degree of certainty.  I omitted four crash sites from my search pattern in the interest of efficiency; Old fields, Gvozdno/DC, and the two up near Zaprudnoe; yet I still cannot consistently make the rounds on foot before they all move.  

Next time I actually see one on my regular server, Imma sit there until it despawns and note the time, that way I can start my search at the top of the "hour, " rather than risk doing a couple half searches before everything gets moved again.

I would be interested in a Dev Response as to whether this is a design decision to set the helicrash respawn timer at a low number that precludes one from doing a complete search on foot for each cycle.

Edited by emuthreat

The helicrashes seem to be dynamically respawning.  I have made three full loops of the helicrashes, looting for bit of food in between, but largely only stopping to top off my hydration.  It takes about 5 hours on foot to loop from Kamenka around ZG, up around Stary Sobor, and then through NWAF and around Sinistock to Pushtoshka.  So far, the only one I've found was in Pulkovo, I got an AKM out of it; but it was cleaned up on my next lap around.

My real concern is that they are respawning too frequently to actually be visited with any degree of certainty.  I omitted four crash sites from my search pattern in the interest of efficiency; Old fields, Gvozdno/DC, and the two up near Zaprudnoe; yet I still cannot consistently make the rounds on foot before they all move.  

Next time I actually see one on my regular server, Imma sit there until it despawns and note the time, that way I can start my search at the top of the "hour, " rather than risk doing a couple half searches before everything gets moved again.

I would be interested in a Dev Response as to whether this is a design decision to set the helicrash respawn timer at a low number that precludes one from doing a complete search on foot for each cycle.

I imagine it is. Given the type and amount of loot that spawns at them. It the devs made it easy to check all the sites before they relocated, then the gear would be a lot easier to get. Personally I've found 5 crash sites active while living/moving North of the NWAF and in Central Northern area of the map. Two had been looted before ( I assume) due to there being no weapons/ammo. The others seemed fresh though. Sorry I can't contribute to the time table information as I tend not to stick around heli crashes.

I imagine it is. Given the type and amount of loot that spawns at them. It the devs made it easy to check all the sites before they relocated, then the gear would be a lot easier to get. Personally I've found 5 crash sites active while living/moving North of the NWAF and in Central Northern area of the map. Two had been looted before ( I assume) due to there being no weapons/ammo. The others seemed fresh though. Sorry I can't contribute to the time table information as I tend not to stick around heli crashes.

today it tried serverhopping at the kamenka helispawn point (i have all i need for living until earth blows up and nothing more to do for me), i found in 1,5 hours of hopping 8 crashes on that place.

i throwed all usefull gear in the ocean, but for clans this will be an easy way to find their mil. gear. (found 3 akm, 2 with mags around, ump, steyer with mags and some smershvests with pack)

place some clan members around the map with spawnpoints and hopp every 5 minutes, horrible but very effective, much much more effective as hopping in nwaf or mishkino tents.

for me, the 4hour timer is to short, better 10 or 12 hours respawn to fight a bit against the hoppers.

today it tried serverhopping at the kamenka helispawn point (i have all i need for living until earth blows up and nothing more to do for me), i found in 1,5 hours of hopping 8 crashes on that place.

i throwed all usefull gear in the ocean, but for clans this will be an easy way to find their mil. gear. (found 3 akm, 2 with mags around, ump, steyer with mags and some smershvests with pack)

place some clan members around the map with spawnpoints and hopp every 5 minutes, horrible but very effective, much much more effective as hopping in nwaf or mishkino tents.

for me, the 4hour timer is to short, better 10 or 12 hours respawn to fight a bit against the hoppers.

See, that's what I find disappointing.  That it has become easier, and more certain to hop one spot (in your case only a single crash visible without a ten minute run to the next one), than to just play the game on a single server.  For context, I'll mention that I prefer to play mostly on one public server, as I am mostly just testing out persistence and the new CLE/cleanup mechanics; and that said server is seemingly without trucks, as I have checked all spawns, most towns and remote areas, and a fair amount of the debug plains.

Just yesterday, I found an AUG on a chair in the NWAF, inside the quonset hut by the two hangars with doors, maybe three hours after looking there on an earlier route.  So I know that loot is respawning fairly well. But if people are hopping my usual server at random crashsites, it makes it much harder to find out what they have.  Makes me wonder what the most popular chopper-hopper spot is right now.

You need wheels! 

Edited by jefc_uk

You need wheels! 

I have searched quite extensively on the one server that I usually play.  Haven't seen a truck since the day after push to stable.  There were persistence problems on that server for the first couple days too, so something might not be right.  I spent around 20 hours searching all static truck spawns, secluded wilderness areas, and most of debug plains.  Unless they were ALL driven into the ocean, I'm assuming that something is amiss, but I cannot fully confirm that.

I doubt that it's deliberate. But confess to being all at sea when it comes to server restarts. Many (most?) seem to advertise that, thanks to CLE, they restart every 12 hours. Does that mean that the crash sites disappear and respawn within that cycle every four hours?

Edited by Mookie

I doubt that it's deliberate. But confess to being all at sea when it comes to server restarts. Many (most?) seem to advertise that, thanks to CLE, they restart every 12 hours. Does that mean that the crash sites disappear and respawn within that cycle every four hours?

"They MUST be on a four hour reset cycle, because I have checked twice in a row before, and found none. The only logical explanation was that I started my search in the wrong place at the wrong time, or I would have found one with 100% certainty if they were on a cycle any longer than 4 hours.  My most efficient route on foot, after loading up on energy and carrying four canteens and 9 purification tablets, took me just under five hours to confirm there were no helicrashes at any possible locations, taking extra care to rule out Russian crashes as well.

"They MUST be on a four hour reset cycle, because I have checked twice in a row before, and found none. The only logical explanation was that I started my search in the wrong place at the wrong time, or I would have found one with 100% certainty if they were on a cycle any longer than 4 hours.  My most efficient route on foot, after loading up on energy and carrying four canteens and 9 purification tablets, took me just under five hours to confirm there were no helicrashes at any possible locations, taking extra care to rule out Russian crashes as well.

Yes, that makes sense - and is cheering in a way - they're respawning as intended within the longer server restart cycle.

Yes, that makes sense - and is cheering in a way - they're respawning as intended within the longer server restart cycle.

Still holding my breath for a bicycle.