dethorhyne

[Release] DayZ Config Tweak tool

Well yeah, I understand people being a bit cautious and scared of getting banned or this app itself being some kind of a virus but I as I implied many times over, I'm doing this for the dayz community, the good of it. Nothing else.

Thank you for your continous positive feedback. It means a lot to me :)

Hahaha, well said. But you know, some are more paranoid than other. I was scared of the rollercoaster too at one point, but once I've tried it I loved it.

Then on the other hand my mom is afraid of putting a gas tank in her car even though it's 3x cheaper than gasoline because it could blow up even if chances of it blowing up are lower than gasoline tank exploding.. but oh well. we all have our issues we deal with :)

Thank you for the positive feedback though, I'm glad you liked this.

It still doesn't give anyone any rights to start attacking a member of the community. Id like to thank you for spending all this time working on a tool that should help the rest with tweaks. I am sure you will keep up this tool in the future? if changes are made? to better guide the community.

I am sure there has been a ton of other apps out there  that have problems. Its a WIP project, and most of these people have no idea about the Mod's that will be introduced soon enough. But still if your still un sure about the product you can scan with a few different tools.

E set online scanner (probably have a ton of garbage already)

Malware bytes (oh i bet you haven't seen what else you have)

and most of all your own.

Is there any way you can zip this up? this way it doesn't seem so iffy with some MS blocks to EXE files?

Further more, being critical is one thing on these forums but lately i have been noticing that we have a ton of jackasses that have nothing better to do but harass and troll someone. These are not only against the rules but someday will be followup on. Id like to see the mature people actually start posting again. Until then we all have to sift through a ton of Bullshit posts like what i just read.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 11/10/2015

Scan Time: 2:04 AM

Logfile: test.txt

Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.0.1024

Malware Database: v2015.11.10.02

Rootkit Database: v2015.11.04.02

License: Premium

Malware Protection: Enabled

Malicious Website Protection: Enabled

Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64

File System: NTFS

User: User

Scan Type: Threat Scan

Result: Completed

Objects Scanned: 1

Time Elapsed: 0 min, 7 sec

Memory: Disabled

Startup: Disabled

Filesystem: Enabled

Archives: Enabled

Rootkits: Disabled

Heuristics: Enabled

PUP: Enabled

PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Edited by TheSneakyDude
  • Like 1

It still doesn't give anyone any rights to start attacking a member of the community. Id like to thank you for spending all this time working on a tool that should help the rest with tweaks. I am sure you will keep up this tool in the future? if changes are made? to better guide the community.

I am sure there has been a ton of other apps out there  that have problems. Its a WIP project, and most of these people have no idea about the Mod's that will be introduced soon enough. But still if your still un sure about the product you can scan with a few different tools.

E set online scanner (probably have a ton of garbage already)

Malware bytes (oh i bet you haven't seen what else you have)

and most of all your own.

Is there any way you can zip this up? this way it doesn't seem so iffy with some MS blocks to EXE files?

Further more, being critical is one thing on these forums but lately i have been noticing that we have a ton of jackasses that have nothing better to do but harass and troll someone. These are not only against the rules but someday will be followup on. Id like to see the mature people actually start posting again. Until then we all have to sift through a ton of Bullshit posts like what i just read.

Yeah, I agree. No problem.. it was a pleasure. As I said before, this was to test my coding skills before anything else, a good outcome that's suitable for others too is just a bonus.

I'll keep this tool up to date and make new versions, I'm working on a v2 that will have cloud based save and some other things, but that's a bit far from now since I've started working full time.

If any changes occur, I will update the tool to fit the new settings as well.

As far as other apps, I'm aware that there's a lot of people who don't have as honest intentions as I do, but I guess that's just the world we live in.

I'll probably make an installer or something because yeah, I've noticed to some people have issues with downloading direct executable files from the direct link.. but I'll have to figure out first how to do that.

Until then, I'll see how to make this as smooth and transparent as possible, with every detail being opaque as it was so far.. if that made any sense...

dethorhyne,

You okay with this being direct linked to with proper credit given in other community message boards or would you prefer a link to one of your pages or this thread?

-north

dethorhyne,

You okay with this being direct linked to with proper credit given in other community message boards or would you prefer a link to one of your pages or this thread?

-north

I'm okay with this being spread out, but I would prefer a link-to as a PM or E-mail so I could monitor the thread in other communities for monitoring purposes in case someone might have issues/requires information which others would have hard time providing.

tl;dr version:

It's all good, link is optional but preferred.

:D I thank you for your confidence, but I'm not the authority on that field.

I wouldn't know what would or would not break as a result of tools/programs created by any 3rd party. I'm just saying that we are not prepared to set aside man hours from the project in order to check what these tools will do to the game. This is not just for the program that you created. As mentioned by Boneboys, this is a caveat for all users interested in using any 3rd party created software; you use it at your own risk. We do not perform support in relation to things breaking as a result of using such programs.

@dethorhyne

This is the way it is going to work. You will break a ton of things, and you will get all kinds of support how to do things... maybe not so much because your not offering to show the code.

Your tool has to follow one major rule, keep tabs on the settings in the game. Some settings will be added and others will be commented out. You will find it a full time job for the majority of the time keeping tabs on what changes and what doesn't.

Github will be your friend for support. You can also move it to there, for added control of the suggestions, and advertisement control.

https://github.com/

Your choice to open source it if you want. But remember if you do, you will be supporting questions, on development.

I recommend you clean up this topic and ask the dev's to remove its contents. Dayz will not be doing anything less then what arma 3 does, if it goes that direction. You can review those forums if you like.

You could also send it to steam, but remember to look at the fine print about anything uploaded to steam can be the property and used by steam. Just an FYI.

Being so early in development, it might be good to just destroy this topic post it in github and provide links to it in a different way. Since we dont have a scripts section in the forums. What people dont see wont harm them right now. When the time is right, re post your work. Its not your fault for linking it so soon, just nobody is really ready for any 3rd party mods, or tools yet.

@dethorhyne

This is the way it is going to work. You will break a ton of things, and you will get all kinds of support how to do things... maybe not so much because your not offering to show the code.

Your tool has to follow one major rule, keep tabs on the settings in the game. Some settings will be added and others will be commented out. You will find it a full time job for the majority of the time keeping tabs on what changes and what doesn't.

Github will be your friend for support. You can also move it to there, for added control of the suggestions, and advertisement control.

https://github.com/

Your choice to open source it if you want. But remember if you do, you will be supporting questions, on development.

I recommend you clean up this topic and ask the dev's to remove its contents. Dayz will not be doing anything less then what arma 3 does, if it goes that direction. You can review those forums if you like.

You could also send it to steam, but remember to look at the fine print about anything uploaded to steam can be the property and used by steam. Just an FYI.

Being so early in development, it might be good to just destroy this topic post it in github and provide links to it in a different way. Since we dont have a scripts section in the forums. What people dont see wont harm them right now. When the time is right, re post your work. Its not your fault for linking it so soon, just nobody is really ready for any 3rd party mods, or tools yet.

For the time being, the configuration file being as it is, DCTT will work fine. Even if something eventually changes and the code breaks, the backup function is still here.

As for keeping tabs on settings, I'm an active DayZ player, I always check stuff, so that's nothing to worry about.

I'm not too good with github, I'm having trouble understanding how it works, all those special thingies like forks, commits and whatnot.. See, I am not a professional developer, nor am I an expert.. I've learned most of this code in the app as I wrote it, and it's far from practical and that's why I'm currently working on a 2nd version of the tool since I have acquired some knowledge.

Rest assured, as dayz progresses so will the application, but for time being everything will stay as it is. Those who decide to do it this way, may, those who don't, it's okay.

• Like 2

We would not want to approve a tool that is able to edit values beyond the parameters of what users are able to do from ingame menus. The reason being is that we also do not want to risk receiving unnecessary noise via the feedback tracker for example regarding client crashes or other issues that this might cause.

We are also little concerned about the DAYZ CONFIG TWEAK TOOL TERMS OF USE and the save system sending information, whatever be the reason behind this need : ("For statistical purposes each save will update online database with your Player Name. No other personal data will be taken.and the user agreement").

However it is up to you, the user.

Just as with any other 3rd party program, users can utilise it at their own risk. However, we do not hand out a ribbon-of-approval for any such tools and we do not perform support in relation to things breaking as a result of using them.

We do however acknowledge the work that has gone into the creation of this application.

This alone will be important to the new modders of dayz. Arma 3 already knows the boundries. Nice post bones.

For the time being, the configuration file being as it is, DCTT will work fine. Even if something eventually changes and the code breaks, the backup function is still here.

As for keeping tabs on settings, I'm an active DayZ player, I always check stuff, so that's nothing to worry about.

I'm not too good with github, I'm having trouble understanding how it works, all those special thingies like forks, commits and whatnot.. See, I am not a professional developer, nor am I an expert.. I've learned most of this code in the app as I wrote it, and it's far from practical and that's why I'm currently working on a 2nd version of the tool since I have acquired some knowledge.

Rest assured, as dayz progresses so will the application, but for time being everything will stay as it is. Those who decide to do it this way, may, those who don't, it's okay.

The tools working well, as i too have used it.

Although, it did nothing for the 550gtx card. I think ill have to scrap that card getting 16 fps best of my tweaks to a whamming 28fps just isnt enough for that old brute 1024x768 card.

I use it for a server and logged in to update steam on that household pc.

I haven't used it since back in .54 and it ran choppy then.

RIP OLD CRAPPY VIDEO CARD!

• Like 1

I have a friend who saw me play and he was interested in buying the game for the last couple of days.

His laptop is a little bit old but still fine so I tested the game by installing it via my own steam account on his computer just to make sure it would be fine and enjoyable.

Even by tweaking his settings in-game it was a bit laggy but by installing your stuff it made it even better and fluid than my own gaming pc.

Big thanks to you for the help from me and my friend and i'll be using it too now!

• Like 1

I have a friend who saw me play and he was interested in buying the game for the last couple of days.

His laptop is a little bit old but still fine so I tested the game by installing it via my own steam account on his computer just to make sure it would be fine and enjoyable.

Even by tweaking his settings in-game it was a bit laggy but by installing your stuff it made it even better and fluid than my own gaming pc.

Big thanks to you for the help from me and my friend and i'll be using it too now!

It makes me really happy that you've managed to get the most out of your game with fruits of my labor. This indeed is the sole purpose why I made it for everyone! I'm sure you too can even tweak some things that will make your own game run even better. I always preferred stable framerate over visual fidelity, I hope you'll too make some compromises! Anyway, a big thanks to both your friend and you for the trust in me and my work and an even bigger thank you to you for sharing your positive feedback! :)

The tools working well, as i too have used it.

Although, it did nothing for the 550gtx card. I think ill have to scrap that card getting 16 fps best of my tweaks to a whamming 28fps just isnt enough for that old brute 1024x768 card.

I use it for a server and logged in to update steam on that household pc.

I haven't used it since back in .54 and it ran choppy then.

RIP OLD CRAPPY VIDEO CARD!

Hahaha, that's a bummer, but I feel you. I've played on GT240 which is even in a deeper layer of hell for PC gaming. If nothing else, this fact alone was enough to motivate me deeply to pursue config tweaking of DayZ.

RIP to those old piles of now obsolete cards who made our life nicer back in the day.

Hey everyone,

I'm not bringing an update today with me regarding the app, I'm just posting a personal update do you all don't think I forgot about DCTT or anything like that.

I'm currently working on some new features and I don't really have an estimated time when will everything be ready because there's a lot of work to do and code to rewrite as I'm taking on a new approach at things to optimize everything. Here's a rough list of things to expect when everything is ready.

- Cloud based saving (most likely through easy account creation)

- Pastebox for settings (let's say you're following an online tutorial and you just copy paste configs instead of moving them around manually)

- Optimized UI (Better performance on weaker systems, custom improved controls, animations)

That's all for now, thank you for tuning in and I'm hoping you're looking forward to these changes :)

Cheers!

Hey everyone, 

First of all, I wish you had a lovely holidays and I wish you all a happy new years filled with joy and happiness and good dayz loot! :)

I'm here to bring another update regarding the new version.

The new version has an installer. You'll be able to download just that and then install the app, it will create a shortcut and set the files needed for the application to function properly.

The new version will also have an updater. With the updater only files that need to be updated will be updated.

Actual application is still not complete. But when it will be complete, there will be some nice animations for settings and I'm thinking of two different looking main app screens. But I won't say much about that yet :)

I'm currently working on the updater to function properly that's why the main app is still not complete. Hopefully by the end of this month DCTT will be complete and as always, I'll update everything on the first post and let you all know..

I think that's about it for now. Here are some screen shots of the work in progress :)

PkiYlmU.png

uXCk6Kr.png

FVOOyKd.png

dY5IRvD.png

For the end; I'd like to post some statistics as well. So far, from statistics gathered from those who decided to provide data of the application usage, there's over 450 unique users, and over 1300 individual saves. It's not much, but it makes me happy that at least those over 450 put their trust in me and this tool I've developed to make their (DayZ) life a bit easier. Thank you all for your support! :)