Sign in to follow this  
hekeetsu

Regional loot?

After playing .58 for a while I noticed that I find more guns on the west side of the map. From there I got a Mosin, 2 cr75s, doublebarrel shotty, AKM and an Amphibia. On the east side I only got a Magnum and izh-18. Is regional loot already in?

you didn't read patch notes did you?

I have read them but it was long time ago. I remember they said that there is no regional difference but that is just what I have experienced. I shall go now and re-read them.

Players spawn on the east and loot, thus no guns there.

Which basically means, it spawns just as usual but people has already taken the goodies?

High population on the coast along with everything being looted causes more loot to spawn inland. This is an effort to entice players to experience all that DayZ has to offer by moving inland.

(*subjective comment*)Instead of pretending DayZ is a DM FPS.

• Like 2

High population on the coast along with everything being looted causes more loot to spawn inland. This is an effort to entice players to experience all that DayZ has to offer by moving inland.

(*subjective comment*)Instead of pretending DayZ is a DM FPS.

Yeah, I don't mean Berezino and the coastal towns but places like Belaya Polana and Dobroe. Not many guns there though Magnums seem to be common in the east.

I killed someone I had tracked from berezikhi through belaya Polana, dobroe and finally novo who was ahead of me the whole time (I'd spawned in svet and took that root). He had a mosin with some ammo and a few good bits of clothing and I had managed to get a longhorn and two rounds. The guy was trying to camp the tower in novo and didn't like a 308 round in his face.

Basically it's likely that several players have already looted those areas over a period of time and stripped them of the best gear

Yeah, this is honestly the best patch so far and this is one of the great reasons. I like how they made the loot more progressional.

Started off in Svetlojarsk and didn't find a gun till Krastnostov (P1 pistol and found a mag for it earlier), then moved inland to Gvozdno found a mosin and a box of ammo. Friend got killed and then killed that guy and got a scope for my mosin and magnum. Moved to NWAF didn't find a single gun. Left there and in the woods above stary killed a guy with an AK101. Good thing I grabbed a Kashtan scope and 5.56 ammo from NWAF.!

Edited by Jacobahalls

After playing .58 for a while I noticed that I find more guns on the west side of the map. From there I got a Mosin, 2 cr75s, doublebarrel shotty, AKM and an Amphibia. On the east side I only got a Magnum and izh-18. Is regional loot already in?

were the hell did you find an akm I looted from pavlovo mil base to myshkino to nw airfield and got more m4s than I've seen akms lol.

were the hell did you find an akm I looted from pavlovo mil base to myshkino to nw airfield and got more m4s than I've seen akms lol.

From the first helicrash I have ever seen :D

From the first helicrash I have ever seen :D

ah makes sence now I haven't found an akm in a loong time but I did find one I exp update 3 at pavlovo my first time going into the officers tents when it spawned m4s I got an m4 lol. I just repeating my loot run around the tents without hopping and got 6 m4s(3 from people),1ak 101,4 umps(1 from a guy),1 aug and a crap load of attachments. All stashed away in my campsite ready for action.

All stashed away in my campsite ready for action.

Or ready to be found and carried away.

that to I have a couple traps set up to maybe theyll fall for it.....

Beat traps and landmines don't disappear when server restarts?

Beat traps and landmines don't disappear when server restarts?

I heard they don't but I'm not sure if they stay armed. I dare you to come to black forest and try to test that theory.

I heard they don't but I'm not sure if they stay armed. I dare you to come to black forest and try to test that theory.

Perhaps I will. We could arrange a meeting. Edited by Hekeetsu

They disarm and degrade one or two levels at reset.

They also degrade in the same manner if disarmed.

• Like 1

I've hit the mil bases and haven't found any military weapons.  I think there should be a very decent probability of finding mil loot at the bases or else there's no real incentive to go there.

The other alternative that happens is you're just encouraged to server hop once there.

Loot respawn and loot groups still need a lot of work.  They need to make it closer inline with the mod imo.  The mod was maybe too prevalent for mil loot, but I don't want to go across the map the for nothing.  And I say this as some one who doesn't even like using the assault rifles.  It's just there needs to be incentive, because right now I might as well loot the cars in Cherno and still DM.

Edited by Bororm

I've hit the mil bases and haven't found any military weapons.  I think there should be a very decent probability of finding mil loot at the bases or else there's no real incentive to go there.

The other alternative that happens is you're just encouraged to server hop once there.

Loot respawn and loot groups still need a lot of work.  They need to make it closer inline with the mod imo.  The mod was maybe too prevalent for mil loot, but I don't want to go across the map the for nothing.  And I say this as some one who doesn't even like using the assault rifles.  It's just there needs to be incentive, because right now I might as well loot the cars in Cherno and still DM.

I do believe that the most reliable way to get top grade military weapons nowadays are heli crashes tbh. I'm seriously thinking in not even going to the airfield and the likes, because as people are saying it seems like a wasted time and a big risk for a low (or none) reward, and instead just go for heli crashes. I don't know...

Perhaps I will. We could arrange a meeting.

well my base got raided lol well it was odd though they left all the guns and just took the tents....I have a Buddy's who has a base but I have yet to know its whereabouts.

I do believe that the most reliable way to get top grade military weapons nowadays are heli crashes tbh. I'm seriously thinking in not even going to the airfield and the likes, because as people are saying it seems like a wasted time and a big risk for a low (or none) reward, and instead just go for heli crashes. I don't know...

As it should be, get your squad together, do a heli hunt, run into other groups or players doing the same, interact and wow you're actually playing the game instead of inter-dimensional hopping loot shopping simulator. 

• Like 2

As it should be, get your squad together, do a heli hunt, run into other groups or players doing the same, interact and wow you're actually playing the game instead of inter-dimensional hopping loot shopping simulator. 

Before going there, gotta find myself some long range weapons, because my shotgun will not cut the mustard I think. Fuck I should have double carried that goddamn Sporter with my shotgun, had even a banana mag for it

I don't have a squad man :(

Edited by Avant-Garde

I feel like helicopters should be reserved for the top end gear like they were in the mod.  That you should be able to hit mil bases for a reliable chance at decent military weaponry.  Server hopping would be less prevalent if you could actually stick around for a reasonable amount of time and at least feel like you have a chance of finding what you're looking for.

That's the problem with the current loot respawn/pools.  If you don't find what you're looking for you feel like there's no point because the item respawn is going to just put something on the other side of the map in all likelihood.  The mod suffered from loot cycling which I don't want to see again, but I should be able to hit the nwaf, not find what I want, go to lopatino or something to do some other looting, come back and reasonably expect there to be some new stuff.

well my base got raided lol well it was odd though they left all the guns and just took the tents....I have a Buddy's who has a base but I have yet to know its whereabouts.

Can you pm me the server? I will come there and we can have a tea party. I'm tired of just being alone in the woods and not meeting anybody.