thefinn

Barrels

The lag around barrels and campsites, anyone else?

Is there an explanation of how it works? Can I avoid it?

They recommend keeping camps small until they nail down a fix for it, when they first started appearing in large quantities I could tell when there was empty ones in a town by the stutter and my fps going down.

Bags and tents are doing the same thing from what I've been reading yet my bag camp of 3 or 4 seems fine when I'm around it so YMMV. 

• Like 1

They recommend keeping camps small until they nail down a fix for it, when they first started appearing in large quantities I could tell when there was empty ones in a town by the stutter and my fps going down.

Bags and tents are doing the same thing from what I've been reading yet my bag camp of 3 or 4 seems fine when I'm around it so YMMV. 

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Could you make a video of what you're experiencing?

I think it's a pretty well known issue - there's a huge desynch type of lag - where you right-click an item and "Receiving" comes up for 30 seconds. You put your gun down, wait 30 seconds, you want to drink a canteen, 30 seconds... etc..

Can take up to a minute, or be as low as 15 seconds I've noticed.

I think it's a pretty well known issue - there's a huge desynch type of lag - where you right-click an item and "Receiving" comes up for 30 seconds. You put your gun down, wait 30 seconds, you want to drink a canteen, 30 seconds... etc..

Can take up to a minute, or be as low as 15 seconds I've noticed.

Oh ok I thought that was just my computer/connection lol, good to know though, thanks :)

Our community is having the same exact problem. Thanks for posting.

I read that but this is happening with 2 barrels.

Our community is having the same exact problem. Thanks for posting.

I read that but this is happening with 2 barrels.

Me too, 3 small bags was fine but 4 bags and an invisible post reset fireplace and my stash is starting to delay object and inventory interaction around it.

I can second this, I have 1 barrel and about 8 bags. I moved 4 of those bags to another site about 200m away, that might not be far enough. I get the lag and have to reconnect.

Edit: Lag is really bad today, moving some bags away has't helped. I've had to re-login about 10 times already just to get some stuff.

Edited by treetop82