Sign in to follow this  
KandyCid

Why so much nighttime?

I play on the same server all the time, an Aussie server< its9:30 am there atm, its been night on this server for 7 hours and its been raining the whole time except for sperts of like 5 minutes every20..I played about 25 minutes just now and got tired of the excess rain and night but when i signed in 7 hours ago it had just turned night 30 minutes after i started, and it was already raining>>>>>>
>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<does it really stay night for 8-12 hours, because it dosent seem to stay daylight that long< come on> 4 hours of night is enough to sooth any1, then maybe 8 hours of daytime

.I played about 25 minutes just now

if i get u right, you are just extending your short experience? in exp daynight circle was set something between 3 and 4 hours, might explain your experience. Rain comes and goes, seems to be fall atm.

Edited by edwin3

Look for an accelerated time server....not sure how many there are, they have and "x" after the time.

• Like 3

Which server ?

[WH] WeedHeads Server- its an australian server.. I got the teamspeak off there banner page, i think it was on gameservers.com--no1 was there, wanted to ask if they changed the basis of there server or what was going on....A friend of mine checked when he got on and it was still raining and it was still dark.. I changed to another server last night> it was daylight for about 30 minutes and then endless nighttime again..

Just curious if its a new impliment to .58 having an ex amount of night time, all the servers i played on in .57 was roughly 4-5 hours tops of nightfall

Edited by KandyCid

I see it as a vilayer server (119.252.191.104), it is up to the server admins to sort the problem out with the GSP, if indeed there is a problem.

I like night time just not the new night time the old night time was much darker and better made it a very mysterious always had to use a flashlight.

Why so much nighttime? Maybe because roughly 50% of all time on Earth is nighttime?

It's actually more like 1/3 of all the time...  but it fluctutes throughout the year..  like, even thought equinox means equal night, technically, if you factor in twilight, the night & day are closer to being equal during the winter solstice...  and again, it totally depends... but overall, night is 30ish%, twilight is 20ish% and day is 50ish%... but you could take it a bit farther and just say transitions, nights, and days each take up a third of the total time.

Edited by sushimaster