Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

Accelerated time

I was playing dozen or so hours in .58 and I nticed all servers are on accelerated time setings. Am I the only one who doesnt like this. In theory its good idea, but I dont think its nessesary any more, no that server reset is every 12 hours. What I really didnt like is super fast day to night changes. Its apsurd, and that looked way way better in .42 update. 

Lets look at that like this: you are in big city or military base durring night, sneaking and carefully moving trying not get noticed and BAM!! SUPRIIIIISE!!! Its day and everybody and everything can see you. Where did normal day/night transition go? Where you had time to get out of city before it gets to light. Whats the point of accelerated ime anyway? Whats wrong with 2h day - 2h night with 10 minutes transition period? Now its like: day! night! day! change every half hour. 

It really depends on how fast the acceleration is set. You can get it to transition quite well the slower you set the acceleration to.

The whole idea behind having accelerated time is to get full day/night cycles within a shorter period of time, rather than these quite ridiculous time resets at restarts.

I also find certain settings allow for a dya/night cycle that isn't the same every day so people who have a set time to play won't see night every day within the time frame they play at.

Accelerated time is a good thing imo.

it's a server specific setting, you only need to find a server that has the setting you like

they should find a visual representation on how fast the time setting is,

right now you only see an x after tha current server time to show that,

maybe a number after the x would be good to show exactly how fast the server time passes

for example:

server without time accel. at 15:32 is simply 15:32

server with time accel x4 at the same time: 15:32x4

• Like 1

Some people ONLY get to play at night time ... .why would they want to be in game at night all the time as well?  Time acceleration is definitely necessary (although maybe not as extreme of acceleration as you speak of).  I do wish server descriptions had a format to let you know the acceleration tho ... even a small marker on watch or something would be helpful.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

I hope they can also somehow work out ratioed times.

For example other games have a ratio of 3:1 day to night cycles.

So nights are shorter than days.

I hope they can also somehow work out ratioed times.

For example other games have a ratio of 3:1 day to night cycles.

So nights are shorter than days.

This already happens depending on what time of year you set the server at. So obviously summer has longer days. Right now on my AU Reg server we got about 1hr 10minutes of night and 3.5hrs of day in one cycle. So you can adjust how long day/night is by just using different yearly dates.

I love the day night accelerated time ... I don't think people should be subject to a 6 hour day night cycle , I like to see both day and night and I think its perfect where it's at : about an hour of each ... But I do agree day changes to night too quickly , maybe give a few more minutes in between each moon / sun repositioning so it looks more natural ?

23h days would be nice to have so in 24 days you should've had a chance to see every in-game hour even if you play every day at the same time. It's very aggressive currently in experimental like you said.