Sign in to follow this  
akpe

Some bandits do give banditry a bad name...

(yeah, I know, those guys could be characterized as KoSers, not bandits, but I had no idea what title to give)

First of all, let me tell you something about me. I suck at DayZ. Meaning, I suck at firefights. I play really good in a team, and with proper communication and cover I can even be considered an asset. Some times. But playing solo? That's a whole different story. I can be geared and armed to the teeth and still a bambi with a baseball bat can take me down. I mention this because it will bring the following story into context.

This morning I decided to hop on the experimental branch. I spawned in Komarovo and immediately looted a police car near the main road, where I found a helmet, an mp5 and an FNX45 with a single magazine and a box of rounds. I went to check the police station where I found some 9mm rounds, police pants and a visor for my helmet. At that moment I was ready to suicide on top of the building. I had my finger on the F11 button when I heard someone calling me. 

I peeked from the top and saw two players looking up at me, calling me to come down. One of them was holding a firefighter axe, the other a double-barreled shotgun but he wasn't pointing it at me. I immediately thought, "well, they should be friendly, they could have stormed the building or camp but they di"... *downstair door opens*. Uh oh.

That could mean only two things:

One, a third player managed to find us. Possible, but on experimental, in Komarovo, with only 8 players on the server? Two, there is a third guy who was trying to sneak up to me, in other words it's a trap. And those two are the bait.

My gut told me it was the latter. I thought of trying to kill them from the top while I still had a slight advantage, but decided to yolo it, after all I -was- ready to take my own life, right? I went down, pistol still in my pants (wink, wink) and shouted "yo".

- "What did you say?" the first player said, while approaching me holding the firefighter axe on his hands.

- "Me? Erm, yo?" I replied thinking they could be talking to the third guy.

- "Did you just tell me to go f**k myself?" he asked, still holding the axe.

I was about to answer something witty (like, "if I wanted to tell you to go f**k yourself, I would") but immediately the player raised the axe, ready to hit me. "Here we go". I tried to dodge, shouting "NOPE!" but he managed to hit me once. I started running around on the street, when the second guy, the one with the shotgun, fired two shots at me, one hitting my torso. 

After a bit of running up and down the main road, and the occasional circles around those two so-called bandits, the second guy was out of ammo, and started chasing me with his axe too. Looking back I saw the third player, armed with another shotgun, joining the other two on my tail. I was already low on blood, so I decided to make a stand. I knew I would die, it was a matter of time, and let me remind you I actually wanted to die from the start. But, I wouldn't go down alone. Even if I didn't manage to kill one of them, I sure was gonna hurt their ego. I bet I had already ruined some of their gear, having fired a total of two magazines on both of them, hell, at least half the bullets must have hit something. It was time to finish the job. Preferably with at least one of them on the ground.

I ran behind a wooden fence, raised my pistol and waited for even one of them to turn around the corner. He did, shouting something along the lines of "we just want to harvest your meat" (lol) and I started to fire, but at the same time I got attacked from behind. The firefighter axe guy managed to break my legs, and I fell to the ground, while both of them were trying to hit me.

At that moment I saw the third guy emerge from the corner. He looked like he was better geared than the other two, can't even remember what he wore, it just looked like that. Good. Let's ruin everything. Just as he raised his shotgun, I unloaded the rest of the magazine on him. Right after firing the last bullet I saw him drop dead. 

At that moment I decided to call it a day and let them waste me. After a couple of hits, naturally, I was dead.

Piece of advice lads. If the three of you, armed with two shotguns (even with limited ammo) and two different axes, cannot kill a noob armed with a pistol and a single magazine, then you're doing something very, very wrong. For starters, next time you want to kill someone, do it when he least expects it, not when he's absolutely sure he's a target.

Fun fight though ;)

Edited by akpe
  • Like 5

Damn , wannabe ass bandits everywhere ... I remember when bandits use to have class , I'm now fighting a bunch of little kid bandits it seems whereas before I was actually challenged trying to play hero ....

Maybe over the 1.5 years standalone has increased my ability to survive in random aggressive situations haha .. But in all seriousness the attitude of those three bandits is the reason why this game in GENERAL has a bad name , all these baddies thinking that there's no way you can have fun being a good guy , so they pretend as if KOS is the only Play style.. they really think its fun to kill someone in cold blood and not even get fought back ?

When .58 hits stable I want to make a thread of encounters that are worth posting , there everyone will post their "hero or good guy killing bad guy" encounters and show the morons of this community that being good does pay off as long as your better than the baddies at strategy and accuracy ;) !

• Like 4

Haha, when I did volunteer missions for the RRF, we ran into kiddos like these all the time. They think because they're "bandits" that they're the most badass, feared motherfuckers in the wastes.

• Like 1

Yeah that's something like ~50% of the player base that act like that.

• Like 1

(yeah, I know, those guys could be characterized as KoSers, not bandits, but I had no idea what title to give)

First of all, let me tell you something about me. I suck at DayZ. Meaning, I suck at firefights. I play really good in a team, and with proper communication and cover I can even be considered an asset. Some times. But playing solo? That's a whole different story. I can be geared and armed to the teeth and still a bambi with a baseball bat can take me down. I mention this because it will bring the following story into context.

This morning I decided to hop on the experimental branch. I spawned in Komarovo and immediately looted a police car near the main road, where I found a helmet, an mp5 and an FNX45 with a single magazine and a box of rounds. I went to check the police station where I found some 9mm rounds, police pants and a visor for my helmet. At that moment I was ready to suicide on top of the building. I had my finger on the F11 button when I heard someone calling me. 

I peeked from the top and saw two players looking up at me, calling me to come down. One of them was holding a firefighter axe, the other a double-barreled shotgun but he wasn't pointing it at me. I immediately thought, "well, they should be friendly, they could have stormed the building or camp but they di"... *downstair door opens*. Uh oh.

That could mean only two things:

One, a third player managed to find us. Possible, but on experimental, in Komarovo, with only 8 players on the server? Two, there is a third guy who was trying to sneak up to me, in other words it's a trap. And those two are the bait.

My gut told me it was the latter. I thought of trying to kill them from the top while I still had a slight advantage, but decided to yolo it, after all I -was- ready to take my own life, right? I went down, pistol still in my pants (wink, wink) and shouted "yo".

- "What did you say?" the first player said, while approaching me holding the firefighter axe on his hands.

- "Me? Erm, yo?" I replied thinking they could be talking to the third guy.

- "Did you just tell me to go f**k myself?" he asked, still holding the axe.

I was about to answer something witty (like, "if I wanted to tell you to go f**k yourself, I would") but immediately the player raised the axe, ready to hit me. "Here we go". I tried to dodge, shouting "NOPE!" but he managed to hit me once. I started running around on the street, when the second guy, the one with the shotgun, fired two shots at me, one hitting my torso. 

After a bit of running up and down the main road, and the occasional circles around those two so-called bandits, the second guy was out of ammo, and started chasing me with his axe too. Looking back I saw the third player, armed with another shotgun, joining the other two on my tail. I was already low on blood, so I decided to make a stand. I knew I would die, it was a matter of time, and let me remind you I actually wanted to die from the start. But, I wouldn't go down alone. Even if I didn't manage to kill one of them, I sure was gonna hurt their ego. I bet I had already ruined some of their gear, having fired a total of two magazines on both of them, hell, at least half the bullets must have hit something. It was time to finish the job. Preferably with at least one of them on the ground.

I ran behind a wooden fence, raised my pistol and waited for even one of them to turn around the corner. He did, shouting something along the lines of "we just want to harvest your meat" (lol) and I started to fire, but at the same time I got attacked from behind. The firefighter axe guy managed to break my legs, and I fell to the ground, while both of them were trying to hit me.

At that moment I saw the third guy emerge from the corner. He looked like he was better geared than the other two, can't even remember what he wore, it just looked like that. Good. Let's ruin everything. Just as he raised his shotgun, I unloaded the rest of the magazine on him. Right after firing the last bullet I saw him drop dead. 

At that moment I decided to call it a day and let them waste me. After a couple of hits, naturally, I was dead.

Piece of advice lads. If the three of you, armed with two shotguns (even with limited ammo) and two different axes, cannot kill a noob armed with a pistol and a single magazine, then you're doing something very, very wrong. For starters, next time you want to kill someone, do it when he least expects it, not when he's absolutely sure he's a target.

Fun fight though ;)

the only good bandit is a dead bandit.

• Like 1

Awh man, that's no fun, you should always at least attempt to not have to shoot, try to rob the guy instead, could save you a couple rounds. And all it takes is to jump scare someone and tell em to put their hands up. Like, cmoooon

• Like 1

Not the brightest bandits in the world....then again, there are bambi's running around on the coast chasing each other with fire extinguishers.....as quoted by dean.

[...]

Fun fight though ;)

Nice story. But I think it is unfair to blame them for their inability to kill you when the game engine accounts for 50 to 60 percent. (desync, hitreg, lag)

Edited by Rauchsauger