ZomboWTF

Disable Hotbar fadeout option in game menu

I would love a feature to disable the fadeout on the hotbar

i know you guys are going for a "minimalistic hud", but i keep forgetting what items are on what number
and a number showing above the items picture would be nice as well, so i don't have to count (its hard, you know?)

1)Hotbar settings:
  - Show/Hide numbers of hotbar slots
  - Fadeout Hotbar on/off
  - Slider for minimum/maximum hotbar opacity

2)Message settings:
  - Enable/Disable Status messages
  - Enable/Disable BattlEye Messages
  - Enable/Disable Server Messages

3)General UI Settings

- Enable/Disable Hotbar completely
  - Enable/Disable Crosshair

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 3

I don't care about the number part too much, but I definitely support disabling the fadeout. I find myself reaching for the tilde key or flipping the gear tab open and closed real fast to bring the HUD back up constantly. 

• Like 2

I like that idea.  I'm sure there's something we could edit in the config file, but it'd be nice if there was something in the menu to edit that.

I would love to disable the hotbar completely. It's always the first thing I do when exiting the inventory. (Hitting the "~" key to make it go away.)

No hud is the best hud for me.  ;)

• Like 1

With my big screens and ultra wide setup I have a hard time seeing my whole hotbar without scanning with my head or eyes and it makes it real hard to tell anything but 1,2, 9, and 10 by guessing because they're close to the edges of my center screen. I stuck white sticker paper on the bottom frame of my monitor and wrote the numbers on in sharpie. I use my compass constantly so I for one would love to have the hotbar always up.  

More options would be best. Fade time slider, force always on, force always off, transparency slider. 

• Like 1

makes sense giving more options, i'll add them to the suggestion post

With this request, I'd like an option to remove the hotbar completely. Because it ruins videos and makes screenshots ugly.

Also make an option to remove seeing BattleEye messages, Server messages, and Admin messages. The red ones.

And an option to get rid of chat notifications. I can see that I'm hungry in the inventory.

Also an option to remove crosshairs for Cinematic Video and Screenshot purposes.

• Like 5

More options would be best. 

Yes. This. All of the options please. The only danger is clutter and that's nothing a good UX guy can't handle.

With this request, I'd like an option to remove the hotbar completely. Because it ruins videos and makes screenshots ugly.

Also make an option to remove seeing BattleEye messages, Server messages, and Admin messages. The red ones.

And an option to get rid of chat notifications. I can see that I'm hungry in the inventory.

Also an option to remove crosshairs for Cinematic Video and Screenshot purposes.

sure, will do

Yes. This. All of the options please. The only danger is clutter and that's nothing a good UX guy can't handle.

Nah, just because there is a lot of options doesn't mean there will be clutter, just look a Arma3's UI, MANY options, very well made :)

Edited by Zombo