billyangstadt

What are you looking forward to most with 0.58 stable?

Soft skills will definitely make the difference. Any news on what skills are we going to have?

I also think loot scarcity is one of the reasons why Dayz is Dayz. For those of you who want to find a gun in ten minutes and start shooting... Well, no, just no. This would ruin Dayz. The difficulty of finding a gun with ammunition to spare (Generally good loot) and the fear to lose it is what makes you feel that characteristic, as kim.crak.korn described, adrenaline rush.

Dagwood pointed out a very interesting thing, indeed. They have already "sold" the game, that undoubtedly gives them much more freedom to create it without considering pew pew gamers.

Unless you get a perfect spawn it's going to take you approx. an hour to get decently geared in the current landscape and down to Elektro for some PvP. Those who want to get fully kitted depending on luck are going to spend a long time(m4 assault etc). If they were to just fix guard house loot explosions you would have to double that time. 

And people want less loot! That's horrible. The problem with persistence are those that just want to take it and stash it and won't leave loot for the rest of us. 

• Like 1

Almost all the guns people are fighting with are coming from the guard houses. When that is "fixed" it will be quite difficult in the current landscape to get armed other than maybe a RAK. Residential buildings do not consistently spawn guns and the ammo. If you make it even harder then the game loses all fun. 

Almost all the guns people are fighting with are coming from the guard houses. When that is "fixed" it will be quite difficult in the current landscape to get armed other than maybe a RAK. Residential buildings do not consistently spawn guns and the ammo. If you make it even harder then the game loses all fun. 

I am sorry. I had a clip for you , but I lost it. It was just around here.......

Found it! It was just too small to see clearly .......

• Like 1

I am sorry. I had a clip for you , but I lost it. It was just around here.......

Found it! It was just too small to see clearly .......

What do you think will happen if you kill the player base? Do you think the game will continue to be supported? The game is not even officially in the Beta yet and people here want to kill the player base lol I bought my copy like the rest of you and can voice on my opinion on the direction I hope the game takes.

What do you think will happen if you kill the player base? Do you think the game will continue to be supported? The game is not even officially in the Beta yet and people here want to kill the player base lol I bought my copy like the rest of you and can voice on my opinion on the direction I hope the game takes.

LOL, as if making weapons more rare will kill the player base. More players left during this last patch, which is why you see so many threads about "is it safe to come back yet".

There will be plenty of military style overwatch servers for you to join when modding comes out. For now, they're going to focus on what they think DayZ should be and what their vision has always been, a cruel/harsh world. Not one where you can have full military load outs in 30 minutes. Just like in life, if you want something...work at it and hope for a little luck.

People want a true survival game, there are dozens of loot up quick and kill games out there, yet everyone ends up back here. If anything, the last 2 patches killed player population, despite how you like it.

• Like 1

oh right, i think the best thing of 0.58 has completely fallen under the carpet:

:beans:  :beans:  :beans: !!!NO MORE RANDOM GLOBAL SOUNDS!!!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

yesterday i was on stable after playing about three to four days exclusivley on experimental and freaked the f*ck out

when i heard an arrow being fired directly next to me, just because i got used to such sounds not playing globally at random anymore

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

yup, just like nobody ever liked dark souls because it was pretty hard sometimes

oh... wait...

Working persistence, teamwork fixing vehicles and military weapons not being so easily accessed.

• Like 2

There's a fine line between hard and impossible

I can't think of an aspect of the game where we are nearing that line.  What are you alluding to?

LOL, as if making weapons more rare will kill the player base. More players left during this last patch, which is why you see so many threads about "is it safe to come back yet".

There will be plenty of military style overwatch servers for you to join when modding comes out. For now, they're going to focus on what they think DayZ should be and what their vision has always been, a cruel/harsh world. Not one where you can have full military load outs in 30 minutes. Just like in life, if you want something...work at it and hope for a little luck.

People want a true survival game, there are dozens of loot up quick and kill games out there, yet everyone ends up back here. If anything, the last 2 patches killed player population, despite how you like it.

Actually this is incorrect. The playerbase was cut in half by the "famine" patch of march where loot was ruined and nothing could be found, and since it was patched by 0.57  it has been at basically the same level after that. Nobody seems to have left waiting for 0.58 and the only reason the experimental servers are full is because there are less of them.

Why claim "people want this" "people want that" when the only thing YOU know is what YOU want.

It seems that there are people who want to run in the forest all day, gathering pieces of supplies here and there, foraging and living off what scraps they can find and then there are those who want pure pvp, a gun n run experience where guns and ammo are plentiful and killing and interacting with other players IS the game. Then there are those that want some of this and some of that, why can't there be both? There is a hardcore mode that isn't hardcore. Why not make it Famine and the other one An ak for all? That way everyone could get what they want except me, who wants a good balance of these things. The strange thing is that there actually was a very well-balanced game before persistance kicked in and broke everything. Thats when the Lootsplosions started and you could go on a server and there was nothing, absolutely nothing. Simply because it was laying in heaps in some house way up north. And now we wil try again.

• Like 2

Actually this is incorrect. The playerbase was cut in half by the "famine" patch of march where loot was ruined and nothing could be found, and since it was patched by 0.57 it has been at basically the same level after that. Nobody seems to have left waiting for 0.58 and the only reason the experimental servers are full is because there are less of them.

Why claim "people want this" "people want that" when the only thing YOU know is what YOU want.

It seems that there are people who want to run in the forest all day, gathering pieces of supplies here and there, foraging and living off what scraps they can find and then there are those who want pure pvp, a gun n run experience where guns and ammo are plentiful and killing and interacting with other players IS the game. Then there are those that want some of this and some of that, why can't there be both? There is a hardcore mode that isn't hardcore. Why not make it Famine and the other one An ak for all? That way everyone could get what they want except me, who wants a good balance of these things. The strange thing is that there actually was a very well-balanced game before persistance kicked in and broke everything. Thats when the Lootsplosions started and you could go on a server and there was nothing, absolutely nothing. Simply because it was laying in heaps in some house way up north. And now we wil try again.

Because the game was made to be one way, harsh

They're not here to cater to everyone. They're going to make it the way it's meant too, but they know there are people that want all out war..that's why they're opening up modding,and the generalization of "people want this" comes from actual people on this forum.

Do you have a recent quote or presentation where I can see that is what they intend to do with the game?