d.walker43

is DayZRP worth joining?

Hey guys. Im thinking of joining a private server, as im as sick of server hopping and hackers as the next guy. DayZRP looks like it has potential to be really fun. Ive heard a lot about it being both good and bad. Looks like a lot more friendlys then on public. Ive also heard that they're admins are a bunch of care bears though. So, Im asking you guys. Is anyone here a member, and if so, thoughts on their servers? How hard is it to get into their whitelist? Any answers are appreciated. Thanks.

NOTE: Ive already used the search function and done some research. I couldn't find what I wanted, so im asking here, if you put some stupid comment like "use the search function dumbass" or "don't make new threads" then your comment will be deleted. Thank you for using what should be common sense.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Im thinking of joining a private server, as im as sick of server hopping and hackers as the next guy. DayZRP looks like it has potential to be really fun. Ive heard a lot about it being both good and bad. Looks like a lot more friendlys then on public. Ive also heard that they're admins are a bunch of care bears though. So, Im asking you guys. Is anyone here a member, and if so, thoughts on their servers? How hard is it to get into their whitelist? Any answers are appreciated. Thanks.

NOTE: Ive already used the search function and done some research. I couldn't find what I wanted, so im asking here, if you put some stupid comment like "use the search function dumbass" or "don't make new threads" then your comment will be deleted. Thank you for using what should be common sense.

You can't delete comments.

Is DayZRP worth joining? It depends.

Edit: more,

Wait, you did research and you weren't able to find out how to join the whitelist?

Try reading the website. /rollseyes

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

Too much of a pain in the ass to play on a server that will kick you for KoS.  I'm all for RP servers but the ones that FORCE player interaction are stupid.  Sorry if I'm wrong please correct me, but last time I looked DayZRP was one that had the rule Kick for KoS.  Some situations KoS is ok imo.

Too much of a pain in the ass to play on a server that will kick you for KoS.  I'm all for RP servers but the ones that FORCE player interaction are stupid.  Sorry if I'm wrong please correct me, but last time I looked DayZRP was one that had the rule Kick for KoS.  Some situations KoS is ok imo.

So forcing player interaction is silly but sitting in a bush on sniper hill picking people off who are unaware of you isn't? There is still plenty of PvP on RP servers, they are just trying to level the playing field and stop all the 1337 snipers from ruining their other players experience who don't play that way. It goes both ways, they paid for their private hive and white listed it, if people don't like it then they don't have to play there.

• Like 1

I never played on DayZRP. Last I heard, it's a giant shitshow with ass-backwards mods, lots of little cliques who like to whine to their mod friends, and all the regulars on there KoS anyway. Of course, it's possible the server has changed since the last dozen times I've heard people talk shit about it. I wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

I thought you weren't allowed to kick people from any server for not following your pretend rules?

I thought you weren't allowed to kick people from any server for not following your pretend rules?

That's public hive only.

So forcing player interaction is silly but sitting in a bush on sniper hill picking people off who are unaware of you isn't? There is still plenty of PvP on RP servers, they are just trying to level the playing field and stop all the 1337 snipers from ruining their other players experience who don't play that way. It goes both ways, they paid for their private hive and white listed it, if people don't like it then they don't have to play there.

Yes ... sandbox gameplay means do what you want, forcing anything is stupid.  If you are playing the game strictly for player interaction go join a chat room.

** and I do understand that people that pay for a private server can do what they want, I have no problems with this what so ever, and as you stated I don't like it so I indeed do not play there.

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 1

It's in general too safe to make it the ideal place to play. It is a lot of fun though to have stories and friends and enemies and such. PvP is really restricted though, and from what I saw the reporting process they use is full of drama and a bit of a crap shoot some times. I never got wrapped up in one, but I played it safe. I did read them though. Seems melodramatic to me.

Conclusion: it's fun and worth doing, but don't play there exclusively unless you like the super sanitized and safe experience. Don't join it with the expectation to meet all your PvP needs there.