Sperglord

Am I the only one who thinks the mod had better atmosphere?

At this point, I think the lack of real weather is the primary killer of creep. Without clouds to darken city streets and turn forests into near-black stumble-fests, the atmosphere cannot return. And it really is primarily about the colour palette, I think; for all their shitty graphics, cities in the mod looking grimy, man. I think it'll come along eventually. And once that atmosphere returns, I imagine the days of epic storytelling and DayZ mythology will return again. Aww yiss.

Dayz is here for 3 and a half years, and honestly I am getting a bit bored. Lack of zombies is not helping at all.

3 and half years? What, you live in 2017? Is DayZ out of alpha in your time?

3 and half years? What, you live in 2017? Is DayZ out of alpha in your time?

Dayz mod was released in April 2012. Ok, it's 3 years and 3 months.

Dayz mod was released in April 2012. Ok, it's 3 years and 3 months.

This isn't the mod.  Get your fucking dates right 

• Like 1

In my opinion, streamers are giving DayZ a bad image on what the game is about.  Every single one of them just runs around, collects a couple guns and goes to Berezino

I was just talking about this last night while Bam and I were hanging around Svet. Even the videos posted in the status updates are mostly guys running around shooting each other or some other pvp nonsense. It makes everyone coming to the game think that every single time you see someone, at some point, you NEED to try and kill them. On top of what makes this already incredibly frustrating is the pvp is RIDICULOUS- fricken guys zig zagging around like they're on tracks... blood spewing out of empty air a foot from the shoulder... one of the 4 people zooming around is trapped in some weapon shouldering glitch that continues throughout the event... 5 zombie sounds crammed into 1 as a grey stretch armstrong comes rumbling into the mix to flail into open air and knock someone down and then that gawdawful shrill of victory at the end pretty much characteristic of every pvp streamer in the game I've ever seen. 

ALL of those glitches are expected at this stage- but why is it that all of the "promotional" videos highlight all the things the game doesn't yet do very well at all? 

• Like 3

Am I the only one who thinks the mod had better atmosphere?

Yes.

• Like 1

Yes.

Incorrect, judging by the number of people in this thread who share my thoughts

[Truthbombs]

Makes me worry sometimes that the devs support that playstyle. And though I'm all for multiple playstyles and player choice, it has to be noted that the preponderance of PvP-only kids effectively renders all other playstyles except the forest hermit null and void. If you're playing for the stories like me, you're basically fucked.

Makes me worry sometimes that the devs support that playstyle.

This. I mean make no mistake- pvp IS a playstyle... like it or not it is an aspect of the game that appeals to many if not most players. But to link our concerns back to the thread subject I think a big part of what takes away from the morbidity of the scenario is the complete disregard for their own life resulting in what even the devs appear to think is comical pvp encounters. Guys and their fake old woman voices... nobody cares if they get killed being idiots as long as it's fantastic for the viewer. Nothing dark and dreary about it. 

And we're talking about having ambient BACKGROUND music in game? I'm not even going to touch that. 

I'm sure it doesn't help that I haven't seen a DROP of rain in a month... been nice and sunny (day and night with a little gamma adjustment). Actually I think I saw a slightly cloudy day a week ago... 

Of course these are simply functions that are being worked on- but that I'm confident when added will add that element of misery and abandonment that people are craving. Fog would definitely provide some immersion.

This. I mean make no mistake- pvp IS a playstyle... like it or not it is an aspect of the game that appeals to many if not most players. But to link our concerns back to the thread subject I think a big part of what takes away from the morbidity of the scenario is the complete disregard for their own life resulting in what even the devs appear to think is comical pvp encounters. Guys and their fake old woman voices... nobody cares if they get killed being idiots as long as it's fantastic for the viewer. Nothing dark and dreary about it. 

And we're talking about having ambient BACKGROUND music in game? I'm not even going to touch that. 

I'm sure it doesn't help that I haven't seen a DROP of rain in a month... been nice and sunny (day and night with a little gamma adjustment). Actually I think I saw a slightly cloudy day a week ago... 

Of course these are simply functions that are being worked on- but that I'm confident when added will add that element of misery and abandonment that people are craving. Fog would definitely provide some immersion.

I hate the blinding supernova sun in standalone. always have. feels like a perfect sunny summer day to go to the beach, doesn't help the 'dread and desperation' vibe that would suit the scenario. Fallout 3 and the stalker games do a really nice job with the atmosphere imho.

As to playstyles- I have always been an Opportunistic survivor who leans on PvP as a means to an end. my goal - stay alive. that is it. stay alive. In most cases some random player's gear would be more useful then the actual player. That's always been part of dayZ. There's good folks, there's bad folks, and there's folks who don't commit to being good or bad and just do what increases thier chances at the given moment (What i Myself subscribe to).

• Like 1

Incorrect, judging by the number of people in this thread who share my thoughts

5 people agreeing with you isn't much fyi

He's was referring to the mod being new and unexplored. Anyone with two brain cells should have understand what he was talking about, chillax fool.

Edited by Coheed_IV

He's was referring to the mod being new and unexplored. Anyone with two brain cells should have understand what he was talking about, chillax fool.

This isn't the mod.  This is DayZ standalone.  Nobody cares about the mod anymore because it's dead.  The only thing that exists is Epuke and that is not DayZ.

Edited by leader.one
  • Like 1

This isn't the mod.  This is DayZ standalone.  Nobody cares about the mod anymore because it's dead.  The only thing that exists is Epuke and that is not DayZ.

This isn't the mod? I don't know what you mean. This thread is about the mod and comparing it to Standalone. He brought up how long he has played DayZ (mod + SA). Then you swore at him because you didn't understand him. He has always had a good handle on the game, no need to belittle him. :)

• Like 1

5 people agreeing with you isn't much fyi

but 5 people means im not the only one

I get a feeling you are an Elektro pink dress broom fighter

Edited by Sperglord

Stop it, I've given you enough rope already, if I loose the dogs you will be gone in a flash.

• Like 2