Sign in to follow this  
DayZCiv

.308 Ammo not named right...

.308 ammunition in a stack shows as 0.308mm round, when it's .308" ..  Or simply .308.  .308mm would be needle thin   :)

This only happens when you hover over the chambered rounds, in a Blaze, so far..

Edited by DayZCiv

Theres actually quite a few incorrect ammo names and compatibilities. Ive just decided to overlook them, I think once we reach feature-complete they will most likely go back with a fine tooth comb and fix this and other issues like it. I mean I know its a game-breaking glitch and all, but still... :P

Ah 0.308 is actually more correct as far as whatever they taught me in math class?

It's actually 0.308in not mm or 7.62X51mm for the Europeans and Canadians.

Cool story either way, absolutely game breaking, fix nao plox. 

Ah 0.308 is actually more correct as far as whatever they taught me in math class?

It's actually 0.308in not mm or 7.62X51mm for the Europeans and Canadians.

Cool story either way, absolutely game breaking, fix nao plox. 

Sometimes ammunition is not safe to mix and match.

Like using 5.56 in a rifle made for .223 (even though it seems like it's the same thing)

.308 is suggested to not be used for rifles specifically made with 7.62x51 in mind.

Like using 5.56 in a rifle made for .223 (even though it seems like it's the same thing)

.308 is suggested to not be used for rifles specifically made with 7.62x51 in mind.

Knew that about 5.56mm/.223 but news to me about 0.308, might explain why my brother's m24 spec m700 was all over the board when shooting expensive hunting 0.308 ammo.

I'm still pretty sure about formatting decimals though ;)  

It's done with concerns over gameplay - there's really no reason for them to have two nearly-identical types of ammunition where sometimes a gun can only use one type and another can use both.

It's done with concerns over gameplay - there's really no reason for them to have two nearly-identical types of ammunition where sometimes a gun can only use one type and another can use both.

But that's not relevant to what I typed.

The thread is about a typeo, I was just stating a fact.

Never mind the ammo - is the tuna still in the sardine tins and vice versa?!!

But that's not relevant to what I typed.

The thread is about a typeo, I was just stating a fact.

As was I.

Neither of our statements are relevant to the OP.

If you look at the community changelog then you'll see that it's known already.

• Ingame UI: Longhorn shows ammo as .308mm instead of .308 inches.

Exactly this.

A rifle chambered in 5.56 can handle a .223 round since a 5.56 is a higher pressure cartridge and can handle the less powerful .223.

While some say its not recommended, you can use 7.62x51 and .308 in the same weapon interchangeably since their both high powered cartridges.

Just like a .38 special cartridge can be fired in a .357 but a .357 cant be fired in a .38 special.

There's a few other cool rounds like that that can be substituted (that's why .357 is a great apocalypse round since you can use .357 and .38 so you double your available ammo.)

But all in all I hope they do comb over the minor errors like that.